Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BartekD

Ido Portal and Andrew Huberman on Movement

8 posts in this topic

hell yeah! About time Ido got on the podcast 

{moving this to health subforum btw}

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Used to love his interviews & the documentary with London Real back when they produced good content and didnt scam people out of their money with crazy conspiracies and crypto-nonsense. Glad to see him on Huberman! 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

@undeather yeah man london real really took a turn. Rebel wisdom did a pretty good video on him and it seems quite accurate, it's interesting that Brian did so many ayahuasca trips and not much came of it

Edit: Actually something did come of it and it was crypto scams. I guess psychedelics work in reverse for some 

Edited by BartekD

love Ido, interested in what he has to say

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Some movement stuff 

https://antranik.org/the-floreio-project/

Ido portal gets tiring after a while with his fake guru stick

Somebody commented:

This episode in a nutshell -

Andrew: "So what step-by-step procedure would you suggest for someone to attain more flexibility in their muscles?"
Ido: Ah, let's see, muscles you say? but, what is a muscle? why does it even exist? who made it? I don't even know if I have muscles or muscles have me.

Edited by Epikur

@Epikur LOL there is some truth to what you're saying.

From what I saw most people want specific movementS to train vs trying to understand what Movement is and exploring it. Which doesn't need to happen by using the body, it's a different perspective. I actually thought he answered most of the questions very well, but since it's an abstract concept it can get a bit into the weeds. It's like Leo trying to explain any of his ideas in an interview with someone else, takes time and long explanations