Galyna

Time perception and awakening

44 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Galyna said:

Guys, please share how you can “bend” time and if you had any experiences with doing it in the past consciously. Because I feel I can influence my subjective time tremendously. 

Yeah, go start a timer for 5 minutes and do nothing but stare at the seconds going up/down for 5 minutes. It will be the longest 5 minutes of your life, lol.

You can also do the opposite, focus on enjoying your present experience and not worrying about time or what will occur in the future, and you will experience a timeless flow state, until you start thinking about time again. I think the key to warping time is becoming conscious of the fact that your only way to measure time is through your faulty imagination. When you lose track of time, realize that in your current direct experience there is literally no way to measure or perceive time aside from your imagination. That will really make time start to lose its rigidity.

I'm telling you, a 9-5 is a really good training ground for this, I've literally trained myself to make those working hours go by in a flash. It helps to avoid looking at the time or anything related to time, although it makes it hard to tell when my shift is over sometimes.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

I find time most often goes into super-speed on DMT. Everything seems to be on a mild fast forward, every movement seems just a little bit quicker than natural... Only on one occasion did time seem to stop, which alarmed me, but I understood that was not literally the case as differing moments kept occuring.

Once I had a TV episode on when I smoked DMT, and it seemed to go on fast forward. It was an ep of BH 90210. The characters seemed to be sort of Schrödinger's catting around, warping between positions back and forth. With sped up voices and movements.

Interestingly, on LSD, when DMT was inhaled, time seemed to remain normal. Neither sped up or slowed down... Aside from that I have not experienced time distortion.

I was quite shocked when that TV episode seemed to go into warp drive fast forward. I had often heard of time slowing down, but after the fact, I couldn't figure out how it could go faster (so it's like I reach events before they really happen, if the ticking of the clock was the real and actual set time).

Edited by RMQualtrough

3 hours ago, Galyna said:

I freaked out a little bit because I had an experience where time went super-fast. Ego freaked out a little bit due the fact that I will approach inevitable end sooner that I expected. 

Yeah it's funny how that seems to work. When we're in flow there is no perceived time. It's only after we go out of flow, when the small I "wakes up" (?), that we recollect how much time has passed.

3 hours ago, Galyna said:

I hope it will restructure xD, there is a desire to be in this state all the time, but no...9_9naive "little" mexD, ego had a backlash again.

Man, I did not realize I am so attached to my identity, "I" literally does not want to let itself go'.  And the mind lurks in all the time by engaging into a new things.

Oh yeah. Distraction is the key to its survival. But the fear is always there in the background. ?

I distracted myself for years but why prolong the inevitable? ?

6 hours ago, Galyna said:

I remember I was crying in my crib. However, this was a traumatic experience due to abandonment.

Again, I realize that this event has never happened and is fiction of the ego-mind that happens right here and right now. But the illusion that event happened when I was little is somewhat persuasive.

I get what you are saying, as I clearly see that the time is a mental construct.  It is easy to see now how appearances (of anything) juxtapose themselves creating the illusion of a motion. 

Yes, I agree regarding traumatic events that occur prior to formation of self. The mind can register trauma before becoming self-referential.

Why do you think it never happened? If you remember it, it is likely that it did happen. The only thing is that it didn't happen to someone. Abandonment happens, but it doesn't happen to someone. Consciousness cannot be abandoned. 

21 hours ago, Osaid said:

focus on enjoying your present experience and not worrying about time

Thank you so much I am going to try it with a clock. 

Yes, when I become what I observe I splice with the observation and there is nobody there to register time.

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@RMQualtrough Wow, interesting. Cant say or add anything, never tried psychedelics. 

19 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

I distracted myself for years but why prolong the inevitable?

Would it be fair to say that there is an experience that needs to be outlived?

"I" am not in control. Feels more like obsessive pattern that follows the identity, in fact this pattern creates my identity. Now I notice it very clearly. How it arises and desire creates my experience of a human being. It tastes so good, you do not want even to swallow it. This is the hook and mind is so tricky, son of the....It knows I am on a hook, so it keeps offering me the food to perpetuate ego. Me=mind. It feeds itself, food is its life. 

Inhumane effort is needed to stop the machine. 

16 hours ago, Batman said:

Why do you think it never happened? If you remember it

Because it is just a thought in my mind. Memory is a tricky thing.

Btw, stimulus with action goes first, then mind registers it through the prism of the ego-mind. Creating the illusion of the so-called "doer", your body moves first, then you register this fact, brain is always late. xD 

I do not trust memory, brain can present it as if it actually happened, however it might never happen. They have scientific data about it, how victims of murder replaced the negative event with a fake memory to not go crazy. 

4 hours ago, Galyna said:

Would it be fair to say that there is an experience that needs to be outlived?

Yes, all experiences are outlived. The question is if there's identification to parts of the experience. There might be fear and there might be a thought of an I which resists the fear. Both are parts of the experience.

4 hours ago, Galyna said:

"I" am not in control. Feels more like obsessive pattern that follows the identity, in fact this pattern creates my identity. Now I notice it very clearly. How it arises and desire creates my experience of a human being. It tastes so good, you do not want even to swallow it. This is the hook and mind is so tricky, son of the....It knows I am on a hook, so it keeps offering me the food to perpetuate ego. Me=mind. It feeds itself, food is its life. 

Inhumane effort is needed to stop the machine. 

Like sweet and delicious dessert. sometimes at least. Other times it's like moldy bread or burnt french fries, but your hungry so you eat it anyways. And then your full and satisfied so you stop eating..  until you get hungry again. ?

12 hours ago, Galyna said:

@RMQualtrough Wow, interesting. Cant say or add anything, never tried psychedelics. 

Yeah, I mean if we're figuring out time, then what I did notice was that "eternity" was not like Bernard's Watch where everything freezes and I'm just there for years... Instead it was like one timeless "moment" which changed.

The changes are what measures time, not the "moment" called "now".

I was relating to your original question about time going slower when you are watching something intensely (like watching a 5 minute timer) and faster when lost in something... Perhaps when focusing on something intensely LOOKING for change (e.g. watching a timer), we register more "moments". We register more of the tiny events that make up a second, say. And thus time appears to be going slower. For the simple fact we are registering more moments per second......

18 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

There might be fear and there might be a thought of an I which resists the fear. Both are parts of the experience.

I am not sure I understand, can you please elaborate?

18 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

sometimes at least

But one day you wake and you realize: do I want to continue this game and being lied or lie to myself OR do I want to choose freedom?

When the pain outweighs the sweetness, then -----> the real work begins. Pain here is being your guiding star/compass. Because you can delude yourself on and on, but one day you say: " I am done, I want to be free, I do not want to lie to my inner self, I choose the Truth." 

I want to point out here, pain is our guide, it teaches us, it gives us a direction. So.... I am waiting on a moment when pain truly outweighs, to a point of being unbearable, then only in this case, I will work my ass hard to become to my true Self. 

11 hours ago, JoeVolcano said:

There is no time, full stop.

I know, my friend, I really do :) !

Thanks for stopping by.

On 6/22/2022 at 6:55 AM, RMQualtrough said:

The changes are what measures time, not the "moment" called "now".

Would it be fair to say that changes are only appearances which don’t hold any ground and couched within nothingness?
Kinda like a coin on the sun. You saw its sparkle, you know it was there to later recognize that it was just an illusion of the reflected light. 
nothing ever happened but appeared as it did ?.

2 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Would it be fair to say that changes are only appearances which don’t hold any ground and couched within nothingness?
Kinda like a coin on the sun. You saw its sparkle, you know it was there to later recognize that it was just an illusion of the reflected light. 
nothing ever happened but appeared as it did ?.

Interesting because some people say "nothing is happening", and you've sort of explained why.

I don't view it that way. I would say the sparkle happened in your scenario, illusion or not. So it's interesting to see where my mind perhaps differs from those people.

28 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

I would say the sparkle happened in your scenario, illusion or not.

When you say: “your” scenario, what you mean? Does it belong to someone? ?

2 hours ago, Galyna said:

When you say: “your” scenario, what you mean? Does it belong to someone? ?

I'm more on board with the "nobody" so I don't know how to respond, but I would say... If you look totally inwards, you will find nothing. If you look totally outwards you find something.

And if you find both, there is "Brahman" etc. Whatever term.

The nothingness at the back. I mean it's awareness. It exists I would say? But the ego is a pure lie, certainly, people are nothing more than the present moment, and patterns (predictable behaviors).

So "nobody" does sort of resonate with how I view things.

1 hour ago, RMQualtrough said:

I'm more on board with the "nobody" so I don't know how to respond, but I would say... If you look totally inwards, you will find nothing. If you look totally outwards you find something.

And if you find both, there is "Brahman" etc. Whatever term.

The nothingness at the back. I mean it's awareness. It exists I would say? But the ego is a pure lie, certainly, people are nothing more than the present moment, and patterns (predictable behaviors).

So "nobody" does sort of resonate with how I view things.

I do not have anything to add, I absolutely resonate with your post.

1 hour ago, Zeroguy said:

@Galyna

The thing when she spread her hands and they replicated like Hindu deities, gave me serious hardcore DMT flashbacks. I'm not sure if that's the scene you posted, but looks like it.

The ending is most impactful I think. When everything collapsed into one. BAM. MUSIC CUTS. She's vanished. Text message says "I am everywhere."

3 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Hindu deities

Show me a pic please, which one you mean, they have a lot.