Someone here

Short simple guide to enlightenment/liberation

37 posts in this topic

Here it was realizing that thoughts/assumptions/descriptions about who "I" was as an individual, simply did not equal a real "ME".

It felt like the "ME" was falling away but then recognized as having never been!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

3 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Here it was realizing that thoughts/assumptions/descriptions about who "I" was as an individual, simply did not equal a real "ME".

It felt like the "ME" was falling away but then recognized as having never been!

❤ 

Yeah you keep repeating this as if it were from the VeganAwake holy book.xD

Lemme ask you this ..do you agree that you have a body and mind ?

By body I mean this three dimensional meat suit that you're (please let me use the word "you " without questioning my existence lol) wearing..and by mind i mean the generator of thoughts ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yeah you keep repeating this as if it were from the VeganAwake holy book.xD

Lemme ask you this ..do you agree that you have a body and mind ?

By body I mean this three dimensional meat suit that you're (please let me use the word "you " without questioning my existence lol) wearing..and by mind i mean the generator of thoughts ?

Yes there is a body which seems capable of generating thoughts....but there isn't a "you" that's doing it!

If that body there bumped its head hard enough and forgot who someone here was, the body would still continue to go on moving and generating thoughts.... the thinking would just no longer be about someone here because he was forgotten about. And if another body told that body your name was Tony and you are 27 years old from India, that would start your new illusory identity off.

There are bodies and thoughts, but no one to become awake! 

Awakening only occurs within the dream story of being a real someone here!

There isn't a real "you" inside the body, its an illusion of self or maya!

❤ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

38 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

There isn't a real "you" inside the body, its an illusion of self or maya

Yes.
No.
Maybe.
Not yes, not no; nor not-not yes, nor not-not no.

If you are “enlightened” (fully, not simply “awake") you know ain’t no such thing as this “self” to which you refer, rather, there is “It”, which has no meer identification with that which is called “self”.
However, sentient beings refer to this “self” as the collection of that which IS here and now, that which identifies with THIS or THAT, HIM or HER, etc.

So who is that which is observing, eh?

Try to stop thinking of it all in such absolute terms as being black and white; begin to cognize the subtle aspects of the gray instead. 

-Osho

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

So who is that which is observing, eh?

Boundless energy experiencing itself as localized or contracted energy within the body.

This energy taking the same path over and over again within the body will always feel like there is an experiencer observing.

This abundance of energy and or its source is completely unknowable and timeless. Something totally outside the barriers of understanding.....& I get the sense that it's not even something real in which could be understood..... but damned if it's not fun to try right!

❤ 

57 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

This abundance of energy and or its source is completely unknowable and timeless. Something totally outside the barriers of understanding

It's quite easy to understand. It's infinite, and it's you. You are that. it cannot be known, since it is infinite. but it can be understood. if you realize that you are unlimited, that's it, there is nothing more to understand

59 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It's quite easy to understand. It's infinite, and it's you. You are that. it cannot be known, since it is infinite. but it can be understood. if you realize that you are unlimited, that's it, there is nothing more to understand

It's infinite and unknowable in the sense that it's not even real.

The conditioned mind simply cannot be used to understand infinity or nothingness or be used as positive confirmation that "I am that".

The very so-called observer that declares "I am that" is an illusion!

❤ 

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

...& I get the sense that it's not even something real in which could be understood.....

What do you mean it's not real ?

You are living in a world where things exist. Your bed, your handheld device, your door, your friends, your family, your pet..

Everything that you can feel, hear, touch, taste, and smell is reality.

Take a break from Neo advaita BS.

-Osho

27 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What do you mean it's not real ?

Bro...we've talked about this numerous times.... I still love you lol!!

You don't seem to be very open or flexible to speak about existential s*** like you have at the bottom of your page.

It obviously depends on what your definition of real is!

Is something that makes a temporary appearance and then disappears back into infinity real?

Is something that's constantly changing real or unreal or both?

Its real in the sense that there seems to be some kind of boundless energy taking physical form and then eventually crumbling back into everything...yes

Unreal in the sense that these physical objects/appearances and or mental belief systems/concepts are constantly changing and are never something permanent.

Is a rainbow or gravity something real?.... sure it has an appearance or an apparent effect.... but are those two things actually something real?

BTW, what exactly is a new not two (neo advaita) what does that even mean?

You are frustrated and simply not understanding what's being said because your experience is still a separate individual in the body running around trying to figure out s*** endlessly!

Why don't you pop open an older Jim Newman or Tony Parsons video and try to really grasp what's being said! See the freedom in their demeanor and appearance!

Maybe stop believing that freedom is reserved for ancient mystics of the past and everybody else is full of BS.

❤ 

Edited by VeganAwake

8 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Bro...we've talked about this numerous times.... I still love you lol!!

I love you too . Sorry if I offended you.  I sometimes just get a little bit too excited or caught up in my conceptual worldview so pardon me .

10 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

You don't seem to be very open or flexible to speak about existential s*** like you have at the bottom of your page

Trust me ..you won't find anyone more open minded than me in this whole world . A bold claim but then again..Is being skeptical and questioning everything a trait of open-mindedness or close mindedness in your opinion? 

12 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

obviously depends on what your definition of real is!

Is something that makes a temporary appearance and then disappears back into infinity real?

Is something that's constantly changing real or unreal or both?

Its real in the sense that there seems to be some kind of boundless energy taking physical form and then eventually crumbling back into everything...yes

Unreal in the sense that these physical objects/appearances and or mental belief systems/concepts are constantly changing and are never something permanent.

Is a rainbow or gravity something real?.... sure it has an appearance or an apparent effect.... but are those two things actually something real

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

That's my definition .

So all the things you mentioned are real .

You’re staring at it right now.

Beliefs and opinions, on the other hand, only belong to our individual experience thus are illusory on an absolute level but in order to maintain your sense of identity/reality you have to have them

Reality doesn’t require thought. Hearing the snapping of two fingers is enough to know reality.

16 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

BTW, what exactly is a new not two (neo advaita) what does that even mean

Google it . Its the branch of spirituality that focuses too much of the Buddhist teaching of anatman or no-self .

18 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

You are frustrated and simply not understanding what's being said because your experience is still a separate individual in the body running around trying to figure out s*** endlessly

That's simply your projection.

18 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Why don't you pop open an older Jim Newman or Tony Parsons video and try to really grasp what's being said! See the freedom in their demeanor and appearance!

Maybe stop believing that freedom is reserved for ancient mystics of the past and everybody else is full of BS.

I listened to their "message " enough times .its the same no-self rehashed over and over again with nothing new . "It's THIS" "boundless energy " "there is no you ""it's just what's happening ". 

Hard to extract a useful application to my life from such message .

-Osho

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

Hard to extract a useful application to my life from such message.

I understand everything you said...no worries & no offense taken at all ♥ 

And it totally makes sense that their communication would not interest "you" because their communication is pointing out that the very individual that's attempting to find a useful application in life is an illusion!

It's like the opposite of what the seeker is looking for.

Have you seen this interview?

@VeganAwake

8 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

for you enlightenment is reaching the state of a sardine. I agree that the experience of a sardine is much better than that of an ego, full of anxiety and tensions. ego reality is total shit. but the ego is a necessary step that allows you to go further. you go from the pure experience of the sardine to the ego. It realizes the trap that it means for itself, and has the real possibility of going beyond the sardine.

he can transcend pure experience and realize his real nature, the total emptiness that is divinity. without ego there is no realization. a pig can't become enlightened. a human yes. Enlightenment is real. I don't know if permanent is possible, I guess so. think this: maybe there is one more step to take

Edited by Breakingthewall

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

@VeganAwake

for you enlightenment is reaching the state of a sardine. I agree that the experience of a sardine is much better than that of an ego, full of anxiety and tensions. ego reality is total shit. but the ego is a necessary step that allows you to go further. you go from the pure experience of the sardine to the ego. It realizes the trap that it means for itself, and has the real possibility of going beyond the sardine.

he can transcend pure experience and realize his real nature, the total emptiness that is divinity. without ego there is no realization. a pig can't become enlightened. a human yes. Enlightenment is real. I don't know if permanent is possible, I guess so. think this: maybe there is one more step to take

Then that's what's being experienced there. It’s whole, complete and perfect!  ? 

6 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

I understand everything you said...no worries & no offense taken at all ♥ 

And it totally makes sense that their communication would not interest "you" because their communication is pointing out that the very individual that's attempting to find a useful application in life is an illusion!

It's like the opposite of what the seeker is looking for.

Have you seen this interview?

Yeah not a fan of his teaching, main reason being is it's to direct and dose not accommodate to the fact everyone is at different levels of understanding so it will just resonate with a  very small niche audience, I just think it could be done with a bit more empathy. But if it resonates and it helps nothing wrong with that .

-Osho

16 minutes ago, Aleister Crowleyy said:

Enlightenment cannot be attained through a forum. Consciousness is that which in a sense is orthogonal to 'Reality'. 

The body is the mind.

The mind is the body.

Be careful not to fall into the trap of having a "spiritual ego". I don't know, but you seem to be in that stage of development. Be careful to not follow someone because of their Indian or spiritual sounding name. Don't follow someone because of the tone of their voice or their presence. Try to see past that. How conscious is the person really ?? 

You are imagining silence. 

You made this post hoping to gain some sort of traction to boost your spiritual ego. You are seeking validation. Your insights are far off but with work you can get much closer to 'Truth'. 

Wish you the best of luck in your progress ?! 

Thank for the feedback. 

Nope ..I'm not seeking to stroke my spiritual ego or anything like that . This post highlights how I became enlightened and I thought to share it with the community for any serious seeker for truth . 

Nisargadatta maharaj was one of the greatest enlightened teachers ever . If you read his works you will immediately extract the wisdom and it will benefit you you greatly in your spiritual quest.   Also that video contains very direct and effective quotes from him that points you directly to your true nature .

Also silence is a crucial thing for seeking enlightenment according to all Eastern traditions.  Because it makes you focus inward and not outward. 

The “outside” orientation is prevalent among humans, they nearly constantly focus outward onto the world, onto other people, onto life happening around them. There are few occasions on which humans turn inward and focus on the life happening within them.

Such turning inward is essential for anyone seeking spiritual anything, let alone enlightenment. Such focusing inward is much easier to achieve and sustain if one isn’t distracted by trying to connect with that which is outward, like other people.

-Osho

15 hours ago, Someone here said:

Yeah not a fan of his teaching, main reason being is it's to direct and dose not accommodate to the fact everyone is at different levels of understanding so it will just resonate with a  very small niche audience, I just think it could be done with a bit more empathy. But if it resonates and it helps nothing wrong with that .

Gotcha, yeah it's not a teaching though. It's a communication pointing out that the individual that believes there are different spiritual levels is completely unreal!

❤ 

Well there is Infinite Love or God.You can become it nothing to "awaken"to.

Just my 69 cents.