Someone here

Short simple guide to enlightenment/liberation

37 posts in this topic

Simple and short guide to attain  enlightenment or liberation.

You are basically composed of two things..the body and the mind . Taking good care of the body is all that is required in this aspect .

The mind is the real Trickster .The mind gives you thoughts all the time . Good thoughts,bad thoughts, happy thoughts, sad thoughts etc.
All you gotta do is to recognise that you are not your thoughts. They are like passing clouds in the sky .you are the sky. The ever-present awareness. And by your very nature you are already awake .but thoughts cover the sky and make it seem like you are in a low state of consciousness or state of ignorance.
Your job is to be . Not be this or that. Just be . Being alone is enough.
Silence also is a core pillar. The more you spend time in solitude drowning in silence the more what I said will makes sense to you .
Your true nature is like the state of deep sleep .pure empty formless consciousness. The waking state and the dream state are superimposed on that original state . 
All you gotta do is relax .relax  your mind .by simply focusing on the space between thoughts. That space between thoughts is crucial. If you can expand that space and remain thoughtless as long as possible the more you will start experiencing unconditional peace. Serenity and pure joy .

P.S listen to this video as you meditate or fall asleep . Wonderful pointers from nisargadatta maharaj

Peace &love ✌ 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

21 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You are basically composed of two things..the body and the mind . 

This is completely false and misleading. 

7 minutes ago, Batman said:

This is completely false and misleading. 

How so ? What are you composed of in your direct experience without appealing to spiritual narratives or preconceived ideas?

But anyways . I did define your nature as pure consciousness.  So that reference to the body and mind was just to illustrate the barriers that stop us from diving deep within ourselves. 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

How so ? What are you composed of in your direct experience without appealing to spiritual narratives or preconceived ideas?

But anyways . I did define your nature as pure consciousness.  So that reference to the body and mind was just to illustrate the barriers that stop us from diving deep within ourselves. 

LOL, you expect me to answer you while you devoid me of the possibility to use language that is regarded as "spiritual"? grow up.

And yes, because you write that "you are composed of bla bla", your post and suggestions contradicts itself.

10 minutes ago, Batman said:

And yes, because you write that "you are composed of bla bla", your post and suggestions contradicts itself.

If you read the entire thing you will see clearly what I pointed out that your true nature is awareness which is like the sky and the mind =thoughts which cover up our true Nature. 

So there is no contradicting.  You are pure awareness. But that awareness manifests itself as a special specific body-mind . If that's not clear to you then certainly the message is not for you .

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

23 minutes ago, Someone here said:

If you read the entire thing you will see clearly what I pointed out that your true nature is awareness which is like the sky and the mind =thoughts which cover up our true Nature. 

So there is no contradicting.  You are pure awareness. But that awareness manifests itself as a special specific body-mind . If that's not clear to you then certainly the message is not for you .

Look, friend, I know you adopted some way of trying to slam members on the forum by telling them "you are not awake", "it is not clear for you", and so on. There is no way for me to prove to you that I am conscious of my nature and that we are the same consciousness. So stop with this nonsense. 

Now, I only pointed to a phrase in your post which is completely false and misleading. And this is not the first time, you post here a new topic almost every day, spilling your conceptual word salad which usually isn't clear. There are members in this forum who might read your communications and take it upon belief that what you write is correct. That will be a major setback for them. You clearly understand that what you wrote was wrong, but choose to dismiss this by saying that you also write "pure awareness". I won't let you opt out of your miscommunication so easily.

And this is not only directed to you. This forum has become something like "seekers anonymous", where members spill out their conceptual model of reality to get "feel good" replies from other members and affirmation for their alleged insights/awakenings. I sense that this is a negative trend in the forum, which IMO is supposed to help members clear out misconceptions, misunderstandings and to serve as a place for inquiry and refinement of questions and answers that can serve truth. 

5 minutes ago, Batman said:

Look, friend, I know you adopted some way of trying to slam members on the forum by telling them "you are not awake", "it is not clear for you", and so on. There is no way for me to prove to you that I am conscious of my nature and that we are the same consciousness. So stop with this nonsense. 

Where did I tell you that you are not awake or that you don't get "it" ?There is nothing to get .my message in this post is clear. I clearly said that "by your very nature you are already awake ". Why didn't you focus on that sentence rather than the body &mind thing ? You think that by cherrypicking one little sentence that will make for a valid critique of the entire post which you overlooked? And which is the cause of your misunderstanding

8 minutes ago, Batman said:

Now, I only pointed to a phrase in your post which is completely false and misleading. And this is not the first time, you post here a new topic almost every day, spilling your conceptual word salad which usually isn't clear. There are members in this forum who might read your communications and take it upon belief that what you write is correct. That will be a major setback for them. You clearly understand that what you wrote was wrong, but choose to dismiss this by saying that you also write "pure awareness". I won't let you opt out of your miscommunication so easily.

No I clearly understand that what I write is correct.  I asked you to tell me what are you composed of from your own direct experience and you didn't answer me . Clearly you are a body. You can see it. Touch it. Etc. And clearly you have a mind which thinks thoughts and comes up with clever objections to what I'm saying.  So I don't understand what's so "misleading " about the body-mind model .  

11 minutes ago, Batman said:

And this is not only directed to you. This forum has become something like "seekers anonymous", where members spill out their conceptual model of reality to get "feel good" replies from other members and affirmation for their alleged insights/awakenings. I sense that this is a negative trend in the forum, which IMO is supposed to help members clear out misconceptions, misunderstandings and to serve as a place for inquiry and refinement of questions and answers that can serve truth. 

My intention from this thread is to help guide people to simple recognition of their true nature as awareness and free them from their thoughts which clouds their perception of reality. 

What's wrong with some 'feel good' replies if the topic was helpful in clearing up confusion and point to the direction of enlightenment? Then again that's not my intention from posts like these .you are only projecting this idea into me .

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No I clearly understand that what I write is correct.  I asked you to tell me what are you composed of from your own direct experience and you didn't answer me . Clearly you are a body. You can see it. Touch it. Etc. And clearly you have a mind which thinks thoughts and comes up with clever objections to what I'm saying.  So I don't understand what's so "misleading " about the body-mind model .  

You are dead wrong. You obviously lack the nuance and the subtle distinctions that are needed for communication regarding absolutes. You are also lost within your world of concepts and models. There is no point in keeping this communication. I wish you all the best.

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

Simple and short guide to attain  enlightenment or liberation.

You are basically composed of two things..the body and the mind . Taking good care of the body is all that is required in this aspect .

The mind is the real Trickster .The mind gives you thoughts all the time . Good thoughts,bad thoughts, happy thoughts, sad thoughts etc.
All you gotta do is to recognise that you are not your thoughts. They are like passing clouds in the sky .you are the sky. The ever-present awareness. And by your very nature you are already awake .but thoughts cover the sky and make it seem like you are in a low state of consciousness or state of ignorance.
Your job is to be . Not be this or that. Just be . Being alone is enough.
Silence also is a core pillar. The more you spend time in solitude drowning in silence the more what I said will makes sense to you .
Your true nature is like the state of deep sleep .pure empty formless consciousness. The waking state and the dream state are superimposed on that original state . 
All you gotta do is relax .relax  your mind .by simply focusing on the space between thoughts. That space between thoughts is crucial. If you can expand that space and remain thoughtless as long as possible the more you will start experiencing unconditional peace. Serenity and pure joy .

P.S listen to this video as you meditate or fall asleep . Wonderful pointers from nisargadatta maharaj

Peace &love ✌ 

@Someone here

That was great. Thank you for sharing the meditation. :)

Don't worry about the haters and keep supporting each other. ;) 

@wayneleekw thanks brother . Glad you found it helpful :)

-Osho

Let's turn it down a couple of notches, or what guys? ☺

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

The mind gives you thoughts all the time . Good thoughts,bad thoughts, happy thoughts, sad thoughts etc.
All you gotta do is to recognise that you are not your thoughts. They are like passing clouds in the sky .you are the sky

You , as an ego, are your thoughts. Without thoughts there is not you. The you that you said that has to recognize is the thoughts. That's why it's so difficult. Your mind give you thoughts because your ego needs the incessant talk to take a form. Detaching yourself from the incessant chatter is not something you can do at will. without the talk you are limitless, but the ego needs limits and it will stick to the talk. what you have to do is stop needing limits, as if you say to a drug addict: you have to stop needing the drug. this need is very deep, it has a reason 

the ego is a form made to fit among other forms, in the puzzle that is the collective ego. your limitations , your need of form, created from childhood ,are real, solid energy patterns. They came from thousands generations.  what the ego has to do is understand as deeply as possible, and then apply mechanical means to break through its limitations. they can be softened with a lot meditation and psychedelics. ideas only pave the way to start the real work

Edited by Breakingthewall

6 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

You , as an ego, are your thoughts. Without thoughts there is not you. The you that you said that has to recognize is the thoughts. That's why it's so difficult. Your mind give you thoughts because your ego needs the incessant talk to take a form. Detaching yourself from the incessant chatter is not something you can do at will. without the talk you are limitless, but the ego needs limits and it will stick to the talk. what you have to do is stop needing limits, as if you say to a drug addict: you have to stop needing the drug. this need is very deep, it has a reason 

the ego is a form made to fit among other forms, in the puzzle that is the collective ego. your limitations , your need of form, created from childhood ,are real, solid energy patterns. They came from thousands generations.  what the ego has to do is understand as deeply as possible, and then apply mechanical means to break through its limitations. they can be softened with a lot meditation and psychedelics. ideas only pave the way to start the real work

On the surface, everything you do is ordered by your mind. Your thoughts about yourself feed into your actions and provide for a sense of agency. This remains true even when enlightened. The self is still present, thoughts still happen, and they still feed into agency.

For most, this is as far as one gets. I’ve seen many people that feel like they are constrained by their imperfect minds. And so this is true, so long as you’re identifying simply as a mind.

The process of awakening involves a lot of study and learning. The study and learning happen in the mind. But it slowly alerts you to a different way of conceiving self. The next step outside of mind is pure awareness. Meditation is needed to access this. The study and learning teach you how.

When one meditates, one starts to escape the hell of mind-identification. 

-Osho

In a sense, the contracted energy is doing one thing: attempting to take nirvana as object; but nirvana is not an object — that’s the whole predicament. The end of this doesn’t (only) come in a flash, it takes relentless inquiry into what is not true, until only what is true remains. Timeless nirvana-Now is perfect and it’s not happening to anyone. You’ll subtly assume you’ll inquire yourself all the way to enlightenment. But of course you can’t do the last part, because you won’t be around as the doer on the other side — the end of heading toward anywhere as a separate being experiencing movement through time.

Edited by The0Self

5 hours ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

Can you teach us how to levitate next?? Pretty pleaaase

You move your arms and legs with your mind all the time. Moving things is one of the things our mind does.

-Osho

7 hours ago, Someone here said:

You move your arms and legs with your mind all the time. Moving things is one of the things our mind does.

So we are all levitating already? What about flying, do we flapp our arms to fly?

1 hour ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

So we are all levitating already? What about flying, do we flapp our arms to fly?

We can fly as well.we use airplanes to fly .

-Osho