Leo Gura

Major Server Crash & Recovery

31 posts in this topic

Yesterday afternoon our server experienced a major crash. It took quite a while to restore it. About one day's worth of data from the forum was lost.

Some of the functionality of the Actualized.org website is still missing and I'm working to restore it. It should all be restored within the next 12hrs. After that, if you still notice problems or broken features, let me know. Until then I am well aware of the problems and working to fix them.

Apologies, and thanks for your patience.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Sorry you had to deal with that. Glad that it is back on!

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Yeah, it's a pain in the butt. We were lucky not to lose more data.

At this point all the functionality of the site and forum have been restored. Let me know if you experience errors or problems anywhere across the site. I checked most features and they seem to work but I might have overlooked something.

Will do! Guessing you had it backed up somewhere so it wasn't more loss. I noticed it was a different error than before so was bit worried there. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Yes, it was an unusual issue which we hadn't encountered in 8 years of running this thing.

The internets are a tricky thing.

Would that explain why sometimes a comment or reply yesterday was not posted after typing and sending?

Focus on the solution, not the problem

6 minutes ago, Kamo said:

Would that explain why sometimes a comment or reply yesterday was not posted after typing and sending?

Maybe

How many crashes have you experienced so far now?

Some other user in the past asked and talked about if you were also using a cloud server to back up files instead of the hard copy. Might be a good idea to check it out.

@Kamo

14 minutes ago, Kamo said:

Happened to me in the past, within roughly 2 hours of posting before and got the typical errror connection code, then the post and message gone.

Seems like it's only on the day and the most recent post that gets affected and posts that were yet to be sent, but any older posts are ok.

9 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura does this impact new member registrations? 

Yes. Anyone who registered in last 36 hours has been lost and must register anew.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Yes. Anyone who registered in last 36 hours has been lost and must register anew.

Why did you remove the profile Pic? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

17 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

How many crashes have you experienced so far now?

Minor crashes are fairly common, but they rarely result in data loss.

17 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Some other user in the past asked and talked about if you were also using a cloud server to back up files instead of the hard copy. Might be a good idea to check it out.

Backups are downloaded off the server daily.

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Why did you remove the profile Pic? 

Your profile pic was lost because is was a recent upload that wasn't backed up.

@Leo Gura *sigh*  I was worried what happened to the forum , blog , booklist ,messages,discussions suddenly vanished out to nowhereland

No problem, thank you for fixing the issue. Anything lost can be reposted no big deal.

Maybe you should actually shut it down for a few days every now and then to give us procrastinators an opportunity to self reflect ?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Just now, Michael569 said:

No problem, thank you for fixing the issue. Anything lost can be reposted no big deal.

Maybe you should actually shut it down for a few days every now and then to give us procrastinators an opportunity to self reflect ?

Haha yea indeed. Even though I was checking the forum a few times yesterday. It was so peaceful and a day where I felt present with myself.

Not a bad idea to take breaks sometimes. Can be quite healthy actually.

And if this resonates with you (the reader) I encourage you to do the same.

This forum is a blessing, but it can turn in to a crutch.

When we separate ourselves consciously from our habits. Then when we come back to them, occasionally, they become so much more meaningful. And we appreciate them so much more.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

Many thanks for your efforts, Leo, I can only imagine what a giant ball-ache this must have been for you. :S

39 minutes ago, Vincent S said:

When we separate ourselves consciously from our habits. Then when we come back to them, occasionally, they become so much more meaningful. And we appreciate them so much more.

All so true, nicely said. I know I found that with my meditation practice, for example, I'd take a break every now and then and I'd have a new appreciation for the practice when I took it back up.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

41 minutes ago, Vincent S said:

Haha yea indeed. Even though I was checking the forum a few times yesterday. It was so peaceful and a day where I felt present with myself.

Not a bad idea to take breaks sometimes. Can be quite healthy actually.

And if this resonates with you (the reader) I encourage you to do the same.

while it was down, I noticed how often I checked, at work, after meditation, after music, when I was bored.

Led me to see how much I tend rely on actualized.org, interesting... ;) 

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

@Leo Gura with all this crash and all taking up a lot of your time, will you still be releasing a vedio this week ?

1 hour ago, Elton said:

@Leo Gura with all this crash and all taking up a lot of your time, will you still be releasing a vedio this week ?

Probably Mon or Tues. I got a cold so I was not able to record. Waiting for it to pass.