Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bird Larry

How to identify, convince, recruit, and Attract Talent?

13 posts in this topic

Any advice on identifying people to work with you, for you, above you? It doesn't matter. If they truly care, that really matters. Talent of course has to be valued too with caring for service.

The problem is identifying them, and then convincing them. With all my reading, I don't think money makes people "care" about helping with a cause. I know that myself. Genghis Khan's subordinates, no matter how cruel their leader was, was loyal to him like a rock, not because of money. The Mongols were the most unloyal bunch in those days. They swore oaths as brothers, not because they are loyal, but because betrayals were too common for the nomads. It probably was the mix of his charisma, showmanship, and lastly his respect for talent, meritocracy above family. He didn't care where you came from, whether you were Christian, it didn't matter to him. LOL. He didn't care if you tried to kill him. If he saw you had an iron heart, even sworn to kill him, he would respect that and help you with your talent. Most leaders I know and respect most didn't really recruit in the conventional sense of the word. 

If you have any experience, please help me. 

Edited by Bird Larry

What you're really talking about is leadership. Study how good leadership works.

A leader is someone who has a strong vision and strong values and then is able to find others whose values align with his and communicates his vision to them.

So you need vision, you need values, you need to get good a communicating that to others, and then you just need to screen people for their values, and screen out people who aren't serous.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@JosephKnecht Leo hasn't put a category with his books for leadership, but he has one book about Akio Morita, head of Sony company. I enjoyed it. Got me to understand the mindsets needed for work.

I don't think any book can teach us directly what leadership is. Leadership isn't something we can cultivate through books. Some leaders haven't read a book in their life. 

One of the most common things I've seen through the best leaders of the century was that they all had one or two heroes in mind of the past. Churchill cared for Napoleon. Napoleon cared for Julius Caesar. Julius Caesar on Alexander the Great.  

@Leo Gura Is it important to tell those people of "All" the ambitions and visions we have so as to get it accomplished. 

I've heard both sides to this story. 

• It's better to hide our ambitions so as to not arouse envy or violence from others. 
  • It's important to communicate our ambitions so as to attract people to the cause

I've found both of these true, although, the latter seems more optimistic, heart warming. It's hard to balance these two to know when to hide or when to show. 

I've struggled balancing these two for a long time. We obviously do not want to show and communicate our ideas to pigs. 

Edited by Bird Larry

I'll do a video on Conscious Leadership soon.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I'll do a video on Conscious Leadership soon.

Talk about Lula pls, he is going to win the elections this year.

@Bird Larry in short the leader who serves ,empowers his/her employees/juniors/followers/lower rank than using them for your own self-interests