25 posts in this topic

Holy cow. ?

Just yesterday Started to contemplate "what is Love?"

wow does it go deep.

Edited by inFlow

Mahadev

Wait, it's LOVE. Reality is LOVE.

Mahadev

@Benton Yes, pain is love meeting with resistance. This is particularly noticeable in Vipassana.

And yes, resistance in itself is love taking the form of resistance.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

@Benton 

9 minutes ago, Benton said:

What is Love?

Baby, don't hurt me.

Who told you that "others" are real?

@axiom And yes, resistance in itself is love taking the form of resistance

omg

Mahadev

Reality is your Will. Of course it's Love :)

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

I don't really feel this emotion at all...... I'm not sure what it means. What do people mean by it?

I'm not a literal total psychopath. But I barely have any capacity for this feeling. As would happen if a gecko smoked some 5.

@BenG I mean it feels bad to say, but I don't really, no... I care about people etc, like I said I'm not a psycho or actual reptile.

But my ability to feel that is muted.

Here I am, have also contemplated love in the past, putting aside my low EQ for a moment, I swear I ain't no psycho, hun.

Love is like a dove, it's wing beats full of love. Although I saw one shit on one of my spare gloves, and for a tiny moment I was in contempt, tempted to project masculine love, but realized in time I have to stand above that, and understand not over react to that.

Understand I'mma mad hatter that prattles on about what's rad for me and not you, see, cuz reality is your will therefore the world is full of love, already fit to you like a glove peacefully, yourself truly a non-dual mad mage.

Is it in da skies? Is it a bird, no a plane, no a UFO? Or am I high?

On cloud nine, putting aside deep feelings of mine to find these funky new rhyme schemes that fits masterfully like a seamstress seamlessly fitting me massively with LOVE, so much I feel hungry, hungry for hunny and icecream, beaming with divine life from within me as within so without so inside to outside teaming with life how much more I can rhyme?

It's no use resisting as what persists resists so assist me to asist you to see that it's all one seamstress seamlessly in deviliry fashioning your mind schemes to think that resistance is one is a stance to take without asking for assistance. Blistering ignorance.

Why love?! Why you gotta do me this way and that way, like a mirror maze that self amazes me gaze upon me forget it's me to only be me finally finding me at the end of this dream. Its seems to be deceptively cute like a babe until she hurts worse with her burning rejection of love from you.

The burns and hurt do run deep when a cuty rejects your cold approaches and ejects you from your thrown, but remember, don't forget it's not as deep as GOD'S divine love for you, deeper than a chasm of nothing. Who would've thought to think that this hint is dipped with pen inked seamlessly into existence by a divine seamstress, a true soulmate that'll burn and etch in you with sacred flames of 'I love you'? What anymore can you ask for than THIS?! I'mma exist out...for now.

“Reality is made out of Love” can be misunderstood. Absolutely everything is empty of existing inherently as a separate thing — that includes emptiness, reality, and Love itself. But resistance lacks inherent existence as well, and we could say everything is made out of non-resistance, which is what Love essentially is.

“What you resist, persists” is deeper than it may appear. Persistence is illusory — nothing ever persists. If any sensation or emotion or energy formation is not moving or in flux, then you know it’s being resisted.

Edited by The0Self

3 minutes ago, BenG said:

@RMQualtrough have you tried just like opening up more with people and allowing yourself to be more vulnerable and all that hippie shit? I mean, that’s how you get the love. Unless you don’t want it.. 

This too.

Lol. Well why I mention it, is that something that is fundamental to reality, ought to be omnipresent...

If something can appear in absence of sensations of love, then it's not omnipresent. On the other hand, awareness is omnipresent... Brahman "without qualities", I think that's more in line.

Some "qualities" are just the absence of a feeling. Peace is an example, there's no such emotion as peace, it's just the lack of anxiety. There may be more things like that.

4 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Lol. Well why I mention it, is that something that is fundamental to reality, ought to be omnipresent...

If something can appear in absence of sensations of love, then it's not omnipresent. On the other hand, awareness is omnipresent... Brahman "without qualities", I think that's more in line.

Some "qualities" are just the absence of a feeling. Peace is an example, there's no such emotion as peace, it's just the lack of anxiety. There may be more things like that.

Love is fundamental if by Love one means non-resistance or allowance, not relational love.

Just now, The0Self said:

Love is fundamental if by Love one means non-resistance or allowance, not relational love.

That would make sense, as like peace, non-resistance is a default state.

32 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

@BenG I mean it feels bad to say, but I don't really, no... I care about people etc, like I said I'm not a psycho or actual reptile.

But my ability to feel that is muted.

Did you have a particularly traumatic or abusive childhood?

Apparently.

3 minutes ago, axiom said:

Did you have a particularly traumatic or abusive childhood?

Well, my family died when I was 14... But look at the survivor of the Lin family massacres, out living a great life, so it's on me.

It's not really related to the thread though, the meaning of "love" as non-resistance would be in line with what appears to be true metaphysically.

1 minute ago, RMQualtrough said:

Well, my family died when I was 14... But look at the survivor of the Lin family massacres, out living a great life, so it's on me.

It's not really related to the thread though, the meaning of "love" as non-resistance would be in line with what appears to be true metaphysically.

Sounds like that might be related to your incapacity for feeling love.

I was just curious, since most of my life I did not feel love nor understand love either. I realised later in life that there were some massive mental barriers I'd put up as a result of suffering extreme trauma in childhood, i.e. to protect myself from further pain.

Everything changed for me on a 6g mushroom trip. I understood what love really meant for the first time in my life, and it loosened the shackles permanently. Like seeing a new colour for the first time. Once you know what love really is, you start seeing it everywhere.

Apparently.