Spiral Wizard

Only eating fruit?

8 posts in this topic

Pro: 

Sadhguru basically says that a spiritually more advanced person can run on different fuel. 

Con: 

These doctors say that it’s complete nonsense because fruits are full of sugar (no big difference between industrial & fruit sugar). This results in a fatty liver & many other issues. 

Vegetables are what you want to eat because they have more nutrients & MUCH less sugar. 

Detiled video (30 min): 

Short video (1-2 min) summary:

What do you think? Any experiences? 

My 2 cents:

I personally ate the carnivore diet for more than 3 months and it was really helpful in healing my chronic gut disease. Now I’m back to an evenly balanced diet because I have a subtle aversion towards meat. A mainly vegetarian diet with occasional meat consumption seems most healthy to me (IF you are healthy). 

Two important point to consider are that

1. there are different types and what your ancenstors are certainly plays a big role. 

2. foods are NOT JUST nutrients & macros but also contain prana / life force energy. 

I think that some people are healthy frutarians or even breatharians but 99% of people will develop serious deficiencies doing that. I also think that this would be something you are naturally transition to instead of the ego deciding that it’s the new best diet. 

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

Erm, anyone who thinks there's no different between getting sugar from fruit and processed crap sugar from candy bars should be immediately distrusted.

There's a huge difference as one will spike your blood sugar and usually provide no nutritional value along side it.

The former will usually provide a lot of nutritional value and not spike your blood sugar.

I don't condone the fruit only or frugivore diet BS, but the idea that Fruit sugar is bad for your in the same way the chocolate bars are is BS. 

We've been eating fruit for millions of years ffs.

Edited by ZenAlex

22 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

There's a huge difference as one will spike your blood sugar

In the video he explains that even though this is true the total sugar load is the same. 

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

If you're going to judge this subjectively then try eating just fruits and see how you feel.

I personally think eating only fruits is unsustainable and restrictive. I like to eat meat, variety of veggies, eggs, beans, potatoes, and fruits, etc. I could do without dairy, but a little bit of pizza is okay for me. I am much more concerned with plastic and junk food.

Objectively speaking though prana / life energy is pseudoscience from the new age. The nutrients in food and water is the cause of the energy you have to sustain your bodily functions. If you're getting 'prana' from fruits its because you are getting a sugar high. Look at nutritional studies and the habits of long living people - like blue zone. They eat a variety of foods. That's what would make the most rationale sense to follow if health is your goal.

Edited by SgtPepper

Sadghurus food advice is strange to me. I think that a person who eats a lot of processed and fried foods and cheeseburgers and drinks soda every meal would benefit from eating only fruit.

But do I think someone who eats chicken salad with a rich variety of veggies and wild rice or potatoes would benefit from eating only fruit? No.. maybe eating only fruit for a month would make you feel different, lighter, and could help with spiritual work. But there's not much protein in fruit, you would drop a lot of weight if you did it for a long time. Not only in fat but you would lose a lot of muscle as well.

Also, Sadghuru had another video recently where he talks about how fruit is ruined because of poor quality soil which makes fruit nutrient deficient. Which one is it?

Fruit as a part of your diet is another matter, not comparable at all to eating candy. As mentioned by others here fruits have fiber and will not spike blood sugar like candy. And some fruit like strawberries don't have that much sugar anyways. And it's a good source of vitamin C and fiber.

Fruit juice is a different matter, might spike blood sugar more than sugar water.

I once only ate bananas for two weeks and felt great. I had more energy than normal and was also in a better mood. Although I heard that eating only fruits can be dangerous but don't quote me on that.

I would not do it for very long. Those out-of-context time-lapse video compilations of vegans who look like walking death, with the ominous music in the background, are probably mostly of fruitarians.

@Spiral Wizard  Dont fall for the demonization of sugar. Its the same as the demonization of fat in the 1970s 

Nono

1)Fructose acts different in the body than Glucose ("common" sugar).
2) Fructose in fruit comes with their food matrix, which is different than processed mono-sacharride glucose (white table sugar)
3) Fructose does not cause fatty liver, these studies have been done with extreme amounts of fructose (100g a day for a 500g rat) + with the lack of choline. With choline, your liver exports the fat into cholesterol for healthy steroid hormone synthesis etc. 

So yea, welcome to real health where sugar is quite ok, chronic fasting is bs, and most "modern" health advice once again, is hype money making.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?