Anirban657

Should I stand by my values even if it doesn’t make me a millionaire?

6 posts in this topic

I am 22 years old from India. I learning copywriting and will copywriting in higher consciousness niches. Consciousness is surely one of my values. But money is also a value for me although Leo said in the Life Purpose Course something about money not being a  healthy value or something like that.

My starting niche is decided in the men’s personal development/coaching niche but I know that I won’t be a millionaire anytime soon with a higher consciousness niche like that.

I want to be a millionaire and invest in real estate and have multi million dollar of passive income but I feel like that would mean sacrificing my values of consciousness, conscious marketing , freedom to do something meaningful in life.

My friend who has 4+ businesses in India and abroad says I have a tendency to choose niches that people don’t want to buy because in my last e-commerce business I screwed up by choosing meaningful niches instead of money-making niches. He has a lot of money and he has good intentions for my future as we were  friends in high school. But his value is money and my value is consciousness. He is telling me to stop copywriting, complete college and get a job as a copywriter to learn from a big experienced company which I won’t do. It goes against my values of freedom.

Also according to Maslow’s hierarchy of needs , I live with my parents, I don’t have any income and I have not completed college, I am pretty much at the 2nd bottom tier.

What do you think? What do you think about values? Do you think I should go for higher consciousness values or lower consciousness money-making values? Do you think I should do copywriting for higher consciousness brands or lower consciousness brands? Should I do copywriting at all or go back to college so so I can get a job and learn from a company to eventually earn more money? Should I sacrifice my values ? Or should I make a million dollar which won’t make me happy at all?

Thanks!

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

@NickH But I am afraid that I will not have the luxurious life that I could have if I were a millionaire and invested in real estate. I will have to give up that fantasy of luxury.

@NickH Thanks Nick! I realized that those desires of luxury are not my own. They are picked up from society. And I don't have many luxury goals that can't be just replaced with a cost effective alternative. I will be focused on my higher consciousness values. 

You know after you wrote about "burning through your karma", I immediately went to write my goals and plan for a 10years journey of burning through karma. But the first 2 goals and the only luxurious goals were "Buy a Gulfstream jet" and "have 100,000 apartments under real estate management" but those don't evoke any inspiring feelings in me at all. The 3rd goal was "Have an understanding girlfriend" which I think is possible without making millions of dollars. The 4th goal was have happy children of my own, which also did not require a million dollars. So I dropped the idea of luxury fully.

I might look back to this day and think that I might not be able to talk to the business friend of mine who chased money all the time but I don't think I will regret not having lived a luxurious life.

My true goals have nothing to do with a million dollars. After all it's not like I won't have income without chasing a million dollars. I will still make decent money writing copy for higher conscious brands. I will focus on my copywriting which writing is my passion and do copywriting in a conscious marketing manner for higher consciousness brands. Thanks again.

10 hours ago, Anirban657 said:

I am 22 years old from India. I learning copywriting and will copywriting in higher consciousness niches. Consciousness is surely one of my values. But money is also a value for me although Leo said in the Life Purpose Course something about money not being a  healthy value or something like that.

My starting niche is decided in the men’s personal development/coaching niche but I know that I won’t be a millionaire anytime soon with a higher consciousness niche like that.

I want to be a millionaire and invest in real estate and have multi million dollar of passive income but I feel like that would mean sacrificing my values of consciousness, conscious marketing , freedom to do something meaningful in life.

My friend who has 4+ businesses in India and abroad says I have a tendency to choose niches that people don’t want to buy because in my last e-commerce business I screwed up by choosing meaningful niches instead of money-making niches. He has a lot of money and he has good intentions for my future as we were  friends in high school. But his value is money and my value is consciousness. He is telling me to stop copywriting, complete college and get a job as a copywriter to learn from a big experienced company which I won’t do. It goes against my values of freedom.

Also according to Maslow’s hierarchy of needs , I live with my parents, I don’t have any income and I have not completed college, I am pretty much at the 2nd bottom tier.

What do you think? What do you think about values? Do you think I should go for higher consciousness values or lower consciousness money-making values? Do you think I should do copywriting for higher consciousness brands or lower consciousness brands? Should I do copywriting at all or go back to college so so I can get a job and learn from a company to eventually earn more money? Should I sacrifice my values ? Or should I make a million dollar which won’t make me happy at all?

Thanks!

Move away from the things I've highlighted in red, and move toward the things I've highlighted in green.

There is obviously a lot of conflict inside of you. Your friends and family and society have told you that money is very important. Maybe you have a sense of scarcity that bad things will happen to you if you don't have enough money. You need to find a way to overcome that.

In the Life Purpose Course like you said, money is considered a toxic value. You didn't quite do the exercise right, because you're supposed to discard all toxic values and replace them with a higher conciousness value.

I would recommend re-doing all the Values Assessment sections of the course. This time, don't allow yourself to answer money or wealth for anything, and see how your outcome changes.

8 hours ago, Anirban657 said:

But the first 2 goals and the only luxurious goals were "Buy a Gulfstream jet" and "have 100,000 apartments under real estate management"

These are totally crazy unattainable goals. Even most multi-millionaires don't own private jets.

Even a used Gulfstream jet will cost you $15 million. Plus paying a pilot salary, all of the maintenance. Where are you going to go on a regular basis that requires private aircraft?

To own 100,000 apartments if they are $50,000 each will cost you 5 BILLION dollars. 100k apartments is like an entire city. It's an absolutely insane goal. You aren't just talking about being a millionaire at that point, you're talking about being like Elon Musk. You will never reach that level through copywriting.

You have to figure out how these crazy ideas got into your head, and acknowledge that they are totally unattainable and impractical. Where did the number 100,000 come from instead of starting with 10 or 100 apartments? 

I had the same problem when I started off, I really wanted to own a Lamborghini. Then the more I researched, the more I realized Lambos are actually pretty shitty unreliable cars, constantly having problems. I could spend $100k on a car and still have it break down in a parking lot just like a $2000 car, why would I want that? Then I have to also worry about the extra stress of someone stealing or damaging it. Plus I don't even drive that much or enjoy driving. It was all just an idea put in my head by society, not what I actually wanted.

2 hours ago, Yarco said:

Move away from the things I've highlighted in red, and move toward the things I've highlighted in green.

Understood. 

2 hours ago, Yarco said:

In the Life Purpose Course like you said, money is considered a toxic value. You didn't quite do the exercise right, because you're supposed to discard all toxic values and replace them with a higher conciousness value.

I would recommend re-doing all the Values Assessment sections of the course. This time, don't allow yourself to answer money or wealth for anything, and see how your outcome changes.

Okay I will.

2 hours ago, Yarco said:

You have to figure out how these crazy ideas got into your head, and acknowledge that they are totally unattainable and impractical. Where did the number 100,000 come from instead of starting with 10 or 100 apartments? 

I was writing about 40 year goals. Actually you are right. They are impractical.

2 hours ago, Yarco said:

I had the same problem when I started off, I really wanted to own a Lamborghini. Then the more I researched, the more I realized Lambos are actually pretty shitty unreliable cars, constantly having problems. I could spend $100k on a car and still have it break down in a parking lot just like a $2000 car, why would I want that? Then I have to also worry about the extra stress of someone stealing or damaging it. Plus I don't even drive that much or enjoy driving. It was all just an idea put in my head by society, not what I actually wanted.

So relatable.

38 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Bro go make a million. 

Why do you say that?