Berk

Time To Ask For Help

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

So, here is my story

I'm a 29-year-old person trying to make himself a sage. I see the most important step in achieving this long-term goal in making money from my life purpose at this stage.

With the help of the ULP course, I got my life pretty straight on track. But since I am not in a position to support myself, I have to consider what my parents want for me. And they want me to go back to my university. (I just got out of a 7-year search for my life purpose. And during that time I did not do much but sit at home and think.)

It seems like it will take me 2-3 years to transform my life purpose into a career that can finance myself. During this time, while I’m mastering my field (pedagogy) I planned to return to my university, which I left 7 years ago. (industrial engineering) At this point, I kind of identify myself with Leo. Namely; I remember he said that he tried to train himself as a video game designer while he was studying philosophy. I am grateful that this idea was planted in my mind in one way or another..

Here's the situation: My father says he may not be able to support me. So, I may need to earn money so I can go to my university.

Or maybe you can say: don't go to college at all, work part time and educate yourself...

I'm open to any form of radicalism. :)

So my question is: With the least amount of time (so that I can do my life purpose work) how can i support myself?

P.S. I stopped following Leo's materials as hardcore 7 years ago.(except with the course) So I may have missed a piece of advice he gave on this subject.

Warm Regards,

Berk

7 years sitting at home? jesus christ, dude. get out there and do something and earn a living.

becoming a sage? you dont even have maslow's need met 

i think this content is harming at least as much people as it is helping

wtf guys

I would say, if you need to support yourself then do the basics of running the numbers financially, matching that with a job you can do while you are in school. Focus on getting a education because... if you spent 7 years sitting and thinking you may be the kind of person who benefits from structured learning. There is not shame in that many of us do. I know I do. Focus on your education, building some experience and supporting yourself through it. 

If you continue to sit and do nothing your life will pass you by. Go to school. Meet people. Get experience. Take small bets with creative ideas.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I'd get out and get a job you probably dislike the idea of.

I.e. go become a full-time barista for 2 months.

That'll ground you, and it sounds to me like you need grounding - if you've just been sitting and thinking about things.

-------------

Then move out.

Also, I'd start doing IFS therapy

Edit: Also, fair play for making this post, I understand it might take quite a bit of courage to do so

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

As a 29 year old you should not have any trouble supporting yourself. Either commit 100% to your LP or get a job and do it on the side, both could work.

Do you really want to change is the question.

@universe Yet, may people struggle to support themselves

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@universe Yet, may people struggle to support themselves

What do you mean with struggle? You either support yourself or you don't.

I expect a certain drive to work on and better yourself from people on this forum so that automatically puts you out of the group of "many others".

Yes. Some people may struggle with looking for jobs, going to interviews and then later to go to their job for 8-9h/day.

Then they might struggle with not spending all their money on unnecessary things.

But these are all basics that are easy to learn and have a very small learning curve. Compared to being a sage.

@universe Yeah, I get his position. I am just saying. The statement "You shouldn't have any financial struggles at 29" unfortunately isn't a reality even for people with stable jobs.

Also, everyone journey is different. Let him figure out his stuff.

When rent, foot, electricity, consume all your income. It's a struggle. This is normal for most people in my city aged 25-35 as it's the most expensive place to live in my country. Not related but an example.

Yes, becoming a sage isn't likely his main focus right now. Get the basic down. But don't age guilt yourself or let anyone else. Start where you are.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

20 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

When rent, foot, electricity, consume all your income. It's a struggle. This is normal for most people in my city aged 25-35 as it's the most expensive place to live in my country. Not related but an example.

I doubt that.

My motive isn't to guilt, it is to empower. But I see how it could be interpreted the other way.

@universe Thats fine. https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/young-halifax-residents-say-they-are-being-priced-out-of-the-city-they-love-1.5917501

Maybe you are rich. But, us with average jobs struggle with the ever increasing rent, food and gas prices, and electricity.

Obviously roommates and being extremely stingy makes it livable. Renovictions.

Regardless this is not related to thread.

I am not really sure I appreciate your responses by the way in this regard. Doubting what I know FROM WHERE I LIVE.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

How is your life as a sage going to look different compared to how it is now?  What is it going to be used for?

Maybe as a therapist?

@Thought Art Well he didn't say he has a student loan. And I don't know who wrote that article but the study they are quoting puts Halifax at #17 of most expensive rents in Canada. In fact it was one the few places that saw rents go down a bit.

Of course living expenses are getting high right now. But being debt free, no kids, willing to move and willing to share your appartment you are good. Just going on what information we have in this thread.

@universe It's all good. I wasn't saying its the most expensive in Canada or that this year is the most expensive. Just that, a lot of young people find it difficult. It's not just My city but a lot of young people in Canada in general. Rent isn't the only factor.  https://globalnews.ca/news/8898654/canadian-cities-unaffordable-young-residents/

The fact that young people have an average deficit, regardless of province is problematic. Which was my point. Which, seems almost unrealistic to me.

This is why education and getting a good paying job, planning long term is crucial. But if you haven't done that. You can still figure it out. You just will have to make sacrifices. 

It's hard too. Like, are that stats correct and up to date? Quotes aren't great info.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

On 16/06/2022 at 2:24 AM, Berk said:

I just got out of a 7-year search for my life purpose. And during that time I did not do much but sit at home and think.

Then you did it all wrong, sorry to say.

The life purpose is not some ultimate idea you find by thinking about it.

It's something you find by doing, providing value, giving your gift in ever deeper ways.

It's like Deida says, an onion that you keep peeling layers off, each layer revealing a deeper life purpose.

But you can only find those layers by doing.

If you've only sat there with your thoughts for 7 years, you're not telling us the whole story.

Because unless you've done something productive in that time, like write a book, it means you haven't been mentally healthy.

A mentally healthy person has an innate desire to be productive, to do something meaningful, to be useful to others in some way.

To create.

Perhaps you have an underlying anxiety, holding you back from your natural drive to do stuff, which you might want to explore.

I suggest two things:

1. Therapy
  2. Finding a way to monetize your life purpose work now. No excuses. Be creative and try things.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/