ZenAlex

So it looks like Teal Swan is finally being exposed.

462 posts in this topic

Of course being a loner can be dysfunctional, however so can needing others to make you feel complete, loved, and grounded.

A healthy balance must be struck. And when it comes to spiritual work, the most serious work is best done alone. The problem is that other people will distract you from awakening with their human bullshit.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree.

Teal just takes on a very unique approach of saying "having our needs met by others, is having our needs met by ourselves".

 

500_needs.jpg.71be066155172940dae235c0cf42de0b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The core problem with using others to meet your needs is that others are inherently selfish and unreliable, and so you will never be satisfied. There will also tend to be a very strong drive to manipulate others in order to get them to meet your needs in the ways you want. Which is exactly the problem we see in the Teal documentary.

And even deeper core problem is that others are imaginary, so who are you kidding? ;)

Self-reliance is an important value in this work. Don't use others do things you can do for yourself. You shouldn't need others to emotionally ground you because you can do that for yourself.

Telling your employees that they cannot have children or spouses because you need them to emotionally support you -- this is the problem of Teal's approach.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The core problem with using others to meet your needs is that others are inherently selfish and unreliable, and so you will never be satisfied. There will also tend to be a very strong drive to manipulate others in order to get them to meet your needs in the ways you want. Which is exactly the problem we see in the Teal documentary.

And even deeper core problem is that others are imaginary, so who are you kidding? ;)

Self-reliance is an important value in this work. Don't use others do things you can do for yourself. You shouldn't need others to emotionally ground you because you can do that for yourself.

Telling your employees that they cannot have children or spouses because you need them to emotionally support you -- this is the problem of Teal's approach.

I don't completely disagree as I agree you shouldn't rely too much on others, but viewing others as completely selfish and unreliable is a bit pessimistic.

You can gain great pleasure from helping others and some people are genuinely empthatic and reliable for support, but I agree there's limitations to that, and you can only expect so much from people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extroverts NEED other people for their energy, otherwise they will be drained, just like introverts are drained by being with lots of people. Why else do you never see Peter Ralston or sadhguru alone? You won’t.


"Wanting keeps me from the awareness I already have it. I already am it.” — Byron Katie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Extroverts NEED other people for their energy, otherwise they will be drained, just like introverts are drained by being with lots of people. Why else do you never see Peter Ralston or sadhguru alone? You won’t.

This is B.S. Sadhguru often advises spending a considerable amount of time alone.

An introvert can deal with social situations but will simply have less social energy overall.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

This is B.S. Sadhguru often advises spending a considerable amount of time alone.

And when have you seen sadhguru not around others.


"Wanting keeps me from the awareness I already have it. I already am it.” — Byron Katie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Extroverts NEED other people for their energy, otherwise they will be drained, just like introverts are drained by being with lots of people. Why else do you never see Peter Ralston or sadhguru alone? You won’t.

This is so silly.

By definition, when they are alone you never see them.

By your logic Sadhguru never takes a shit because you've never seen him shitting.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is so silly.

By definition, when they are alone you never see them.

By your logic Sadhguru never takes a shit because you've never seen him shitting.

Compare how many times we see them with other people, and how many times we’ve seen you with other people. 

Anybody can be alone for an insignificant amount of time. But on a day to day basis, an extrovert simply can’t live without hanging out with others. 


"Wanting keeps me from the awareness I already have it. I already am it.” — Byron Katie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Compare how many times we see them with other people, and how many times we’ve seen you with other people. 

Anybody can be alone for an insignificant amount of time. But on a day to day basis, an extrovert simply can’t live without hanging out with others. 

1) Where did you get the idea that Ralston is an extrovert? He has spent a lot time alone. You just have no idea. At one point in his life he lived by himself in the jungle in Hawaii. If you think Ralston needs people to be happy, you don't understand Ralston.

Sadhguru runs a gigantic organization. He's busy 24/7. Of course he is with people a lot. But I'd bet he would also have no problem being alone for years on end.

There is a big difference between what Ralston and Sadhguru are doing and the way Teal uses her inner circle for emotional support. There is a difference between being around people and not needing them for your happiness vs keeping people around to support you emotionally, and if they leave you want to kill yourself. The issue is one of attachment vs detachment. You can be around people in a detached way and it's no problem. Or you can get very attached to people to the point where it destroys you when they leave. This is a problem.

2) Introverts like to be around people too. It's not like an introvert will be satisfied all alone. Introverts socialize, they just do it on a difference scale.

3) My work is primary online. I don't run a spiritual retreat center.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol maybe Teal should start an online forum instead ;)...


"We're all born naked and the rest is drag." - RuPaul ❣ Nothing but love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

1) Where did you get the idea that Ralston is an extrovert? He has spent a lot time alone. You just have no idea. At one point in his life he lived by himself in the jungle in Hawaii. If you think Ralston needs people to be happy, you don't understand Ralston.

Ralston is definitely an extrovert. And you don’t know that he spent a lot of time alone. Even if he was in a solo retreat, he could still go to restaurants and cafes and socialise there. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

But I'd bet he would also have no problem being alone for years on end.

You bet wrong. Extroverts will be drained if they aren’t talking to others. People are their battery.

 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

My work is primary online. I don't run a spiritual retreat center.

Because you’re an introvert. Other people will drain your batteries. For extroverts, lack of people will drain their batteries. Which is why they can’t live like you. 


"Wanting keeps me from the awareness I already have it. I already am it.” — Byron Katie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

if they leave you want to kill yourself

How on earth does a spiritual and a self help guru like Teal Swan who teaches self help, healing traumas and detachment from things, still depend heavily on an inner circle and still manipulate and abuse people emotionally. I cannot get it. A guru needs to be fake to do such things but her content is solid tho.


This is my new account for a new beginning for me, My old account was @Eren Eeager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puporing said:

Lol maybe Teal should start an online forum instead ;)...

She does have one and it is an exact  replica of this forum.


This is my new account for a new beginning for me, My old account was @Eren Eeager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is so silly.

By definition, when they are alone you never see them.

By your logic Sadhguru never takes a shit because you've never seen him shitting.

@Leo Gura You have talked a lot about our perceptual field being all that exists and there being nothing outside of it. But your above comment seems to suggest people and things do exist when we don't see or perceive them. Can you clarify?

Thank you!

Edited by Matthew85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Ralston is definitely an extrovert. And you don’t know that he spent a lot of time alone. Even if he was in a solo retreat, he could still go to restaurants and cafes and socialise there. 

It wasn't a solo retreat. He was living in the middle of a jungle in a tent.

Cafes, Lol.

38 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Leo Gura You have talked a lot about our perceptual field being all that exists and there being nothing outside of it. But your above comment seems to suggest people and things do exist when we don't see or perceive them. Can you clarify?

I was speaking relatively.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LSD-Rumi She used the same web template...


Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1165661

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Superfluo said:

@LSD-Rumi She used the same web template...

Aka she stole Leo's website idea. If you cannot be genuine enough to use a unique template for your website then maybe there is something not pure with this teacher.


This is my new account for a new beginning for me, My old account was @Eren Eeager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2022 at 9:35 PM, Leo Gura said:

And even deeper core problem is that others are imaginary, so who are you kidding? ;)

 

Only thing I disagree with is this.....because we are imaginary too. 

But everything else I agree with.


The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2022 at 5:37 PM, Leo Gura said:

Of course being a loner can be dysfunctional, however so can needing others to make you feel complete, loved, and grounded.

A healthy balance must be struck. And when it comes to spiritual work, the most serious work is best done alone. The problem is that other people will distract you from awakening with their human bullshit.

This is bias and I disagree. The deepest spiritual work is actually done through others because others constantly reveal your imbalance by triggering emotions within you which reveal those biases and judgments. 

Its why dealing with people is so tough, because it forces you to get rid of the biases/and judgments.

For example what Sadhguru does all the time is ridiculously impressive. He deals with a ridiculous amount of Spiritual Seekers on a daily basis interacting with so many people from so many different backgrounds and is able to remain cool and collected.

We are all capable of doing this when we balance ourselves. Meditation and solitude is the work, people are the test. The test reveals how balanced or imbalanced you are.


The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now