ZenAlex

So it looks like Teal Swan is finally being exposed.

448 posts in this topic

Video evidence from unedited footage.

documentary looks pretty dumb now after seeing these clips.  I hope more footage is found. 

Edited by Pavement

@Roy

22 hours ago, Roy said:

This is why I appreciate Leo limiting his engagement with his audience to just recorded videos and forum discussion. Opening things up to real life encounters (especially frequent ones) is like opening up a can of worms to a whole list of potentially messy and dangerous situations. A lot of people that get drawn into spiritual communities are vulnerable, unstable, and frankly (sorry to sound harsh) bat shit crazy. Gathering them all in one place for extended periods of time is a risky approach, and if it's a full blown living situation that's just so irresponsible it's bordering on insane. At least to me.

Meetings, retreats, and events should be limited to a few times a year for short durations that last a few days or a week. They are just so ripe for abuse, drama, and a place for cults to fester and grow. Community is important but it can easily turn into a dependency, and it disposes some level of responsibility. From what I understand being with others too much kind of distracts from the "spirit" of spirituality, which is to seek out insight and develop as an individual.

Just my two pennies. 

I'll take those pennies any day. hard agree, as online forums and websites allows for easier management of cult dynamics.

Of course, online forums are not immune to ideological drama, but much easier to manage.

How is Teal awake if she always talks about "other beings" and extraterrestrials? I know she says were all one but is she aware that others and extraterrestrials are imaginary? She says reality is a cocreation. Is it really if other people are imaginary? She likens a person who is "disconnected" from others as a cancer. She says "the real task is to master relationships". But how? She never talks about solipsism, probably because It'd threaten her career. Also in her documentary she says she's the most woke on the planet. She clearly has a big shadow. 

9 hours ago, Pavement said:

Video evidence from unedited footage.

documentary looks pretty dumb now after seeing these clips.  I hope more footage is found. 

Yeah, this for me makes me question the integrity of the film makers. They definitely edited it to run their own narrative. Editing is a job that needs to be done with the intention of conveying truth. They, tried to spin their own narrative. 

I bet, there’s so many layers to this. She probably does have areas she needs to work on, and it’s likely the documentary went for shock value in order to make more money. 

I have a song lyric that is “There’s a demon in me, who saw a demon in you… so what are we gonna do? What are we gonna do?” 

seems fitting 

devils fighting over who is a devil ahah

ill have to observe this over a longer period of time. Not my main focus.

and, really the integrity of anyone involved with teal or any of her former students should be sniff tested for integrity too. I’m sure many were unstable before and after working with her. They may lie, be bitter or twist things. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

7 minutes ago, Jaccobtw said:

How is Teal awake if she always talks about "other beings" and extraterrestrials? I know she says were all one but is she aware that others and extraterrestrials are imaginary? She says reality is a cocreation. Is it really if other people are imaginary? She likens a person who is "disconnected" from others as a cancer. She says "the real task is to master relationships". But how? She never talks about solipsism, probably because It'd threaten her career. Also in her documentary she says she's the most woke on the planet. She clearly has a big shadow. 

Be careful here. This to me sounds like Leo’s teaching coming through a dogmatic and ignorant lens. 

Spirituality, human behaviour, psychology etc exists on different levels. Not all teachers do the same work. 

Both Leo and her say stuff like “I’m the most woke” or “I am the most intelligent thing on the planet”. Eh, maybe you are. But, your still a chimp to God. I’ll take it with a grain of salt because I assume it’s ego. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 6/19/2022 at 8:54 AM, zurew said:

Those Mormon Podcast episodes are wild and officially turned me off to Teal.

I've watched a lot of her content, but always found her claim about being in a satanic cult difficult to believe. I don't doubt she has suffered from abuse, but the cult details seem far-fetched on top of all the psychic abilities she claims to have. That, the documentary drama that's going on, the fact she proliferates conspiracy theories, has already been married multiple times + all the rest of her interpersonal drama... It's too much. I'm turned off.

Edited by shallotsometimes

I examine the nature of the message and it's influence on the listeners behavior.

Her message is much of the same self help basics with many 'ceremonial exercises' she has just slathered in her personal branding and styled in the new age motif.

Many of the people who consume her content seem to have mostly well intentions for themselves and others. All those new age stories about aliens, channeling and psychic stuff can be a distraction but for someone unstable it can be quite problematic.

She isn't alone in that, there are many of these types of self help personalities that feed egoic attachments often exacerbating the self suffering and inhibiting the healing process. Her brand of self help doesn't seem to foster much more toxicity than any other type.

This doesn't mean her own life isn't a toxic mess but I won't cast aspersions about it. The world is an abusive place and there is a cycle of abuse that ensnares people into without them even aware of it and they will perpetuate it unknowingly. Some knowingly, too.

People in general are pretty culty creatures in their psyche, some more than others and self help groups can have varying degrees of cultiness. I'm not going to judge how much or whatever.

I always am particularly aware of the situation that someone emotionally or psychologically fragile will be exposed to teachers or teaching that are irresponsible with suicidal ideation.

This particular series from what I have seen really seems like it's a hit piece that the producers of it deceived Teal and everyone involved about the nature of their intentions.

Edited by SOUL