ZenAlex

So it looks like Teal Swan is finally being exposed.

448 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, integral said:

What she said: "recognize the potential of someone having more awareness then me, i have never met them"

This is authenticity. she is saying her truth and what she directly experiences. Alternative interpretation, she's a narcissist and shes defending herself! 

It's one of the things that concerns me about her though.

She's doing work with traumatized and severely mentally ill humans. Mental health professionals that take care of people like this are governed by authority, and their methods and behaviour are kept in check. Therapy and meds handed out are tested and approved.

Teal doesn't believe she needs any governing body of people to approve her work, because she believes she has a level of awareness above all people she's ever met...

Is this not a reason to be concerned?

The documentary may involve sneaky editing, but some of the things she said... she said. There's realities about her situation that are concerning.

Again - No conspiracy theories here. I'm not spreading crap.

I'm looking at the evidence and seeing reason to be concerned. It's perfectly reasonable.

40 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

It's one of the things that concerns me about her though.

She's doing work with traumatized and severely mentally ill humans. Mental health professionals that take care of people like this are governed by authority, and their methods and behaviour are kept in check. Therapy and meds handed out are tested and approved.

Western health care is in the dark ages. The most dangerous thing you can do for half of all issues especially psychological is listen to a doctor. They will destroy you. 

Teal doesn't believe she needs any governing body of people to approve her work, because she believes she has a level of awareness above all people she's ever met...

Of course not, they are blinding repeating what ever they where thought in school and by culture with out questioning any of it. She is a genius highly intuitive innovator. There is no comparison. 

Is this not a reason to be concerned?

its not with a understanding of how the world works.

The documentary may involve sneaky editing, but some of the things she said... she said. There's realities about her situation that are concerning.

Again - No conspiracy theories here. I'm not spreading crap.

You don't know what you don't know. 

I'm looking at the evidence and seeing reason to be concerned. It's perfectly reasonable.

I assume this will be taken like im insane. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

20 minutes ago, integral said:

What she said: "recognize the potential of someone having more awareness then me, i have never met them"

This is authenticity. she is saying her truth and what she directly experiences. Alternative interpretation, she's a narcissist.

@integral you're putting her on a pedestal.

So if a raging narcissist like Trump says something with absolute conviction you just praise them for autheNticiTy ???

In his mind, that's his truth... He's better than everyone else...

The guise of spirituality does not change the underlying dynamic.

@PenguinPablo Trump has no integrity or authenticity, he is manipulating for his public image. 

She is stating what she is experiencing everyday authentically. In her field of expertise she is the most aware as she sees it.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@PenguinPablo My point is that the 'documentary' (if you want to call it that) is an editing-job. It's not 'exposing' anything. It's only exposing themselves. 

This thread going strong even for a month. Keep it going guys and galsB|

19 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

@Leo Gura What's your forum-policy, by the way? What do you do with people spreading conspiracy-theories? Out of curiosity. 

There is no conspiracy theory here. People have various interpreations of the documentary, that's all. It's not clear who to believe in this case.

If anything the conspiracy theory here is that the documentary people set Teal up. Maybe they did, I don't know.

Calm down and discuss your perspectives without drama.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just because you are God and the most awakened person you know does not mean you cannot have blindspots which those who are less conscious than you cannot point out to you. Teal is wrong on that point. Tiger Woods is the world's best golfer, but he still has coaches who point out his blindspots and his coaches are not better golfers than him. But they do have extra perspective which he cannot supply himself.

Even if the documentary was deceptively edited, some of the clips of what Teals says and does are problematic beyond anything they could have edited. Like her claim that she cannot learn from people who are less awake than her. Her world's greatest runner analogy is just wrong. The world's greatest runners have coaches. The notion that Teal is so awake that others cannot point out her bullshit is laughably naive. She ain't nearly as awake as she thinks. And her emotional neediness is not some deepfake. It's there to see.

I am more awake than most you guys here, but you can still point out my blindspots.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If anything the conspiracy theory here is that the documentary people set Teal up. Maybe they did, I don't know.

She has clear-cut proof of that. And I've been to her event. I hard-vouch for her. 

They're baselessly calling her a cult. That's them spreading conspiracy-theories about her. 

Let's say I broadcast to the entire world that you're a cult. What would you call me in that case? A conspiracy-theorist, right? 

6 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

She has clear-cut proof of that. And I've been to her event. I hard-vouch for her. 

They're baselessly calling her a cult. That's them spreading conspiracy-theories about her. 

Let's say I broadcast to the entire world that you're a cult. What would you call me in that case? A conspiracy-theorist, right? 

A) People call me and her cults all the time. Nothing new there.

B) Calling a spiritual community a cult is not a conspiracy theory. Basically every spiritual community faces this accusation. Sometimes deserved, other times not.

C) Based off the documentary it does looks cult-like. Maybe that's untrue, but then that's just bad journalism and here we are questioning it. It's not like we take the documenary at face value. We are open to Teal's rebuttals.

@Leo Gura Alright. Let's say, I say on camera 'Murder is wrong. Justice is a fundamental human right.' 

And, they record it and they cut out a part of that, and they say 'Murder is wrong. Justice is a fundamental human right.' 

Is that 'bad journalism'?! 

Watch her video exposing their editing-tricks. That's what she's proving that they did. 

This is outright slander and defamation. 

3 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

@Leo Gura Alright. Let's say, I say on camera 'Murder is wrong. Justice is a fundamental human right.' 

And, they record it and they cut out a part of that, and they say 'Murder is wrong. Justice is a fundamental human right.' 

Is that 'bad journalism'?!

That would be very problematic. If that's the case then she has a right to be upset.

However I don't think the issue is that black and white here.

@Leo Gura

Do you think somebody needs to be saved from her? Out of curiosity? 

When you're gonna accuse someone of being a cult, there needs to be a victim involved. 

5 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

@Leo Gura

Do you think somebody needs to be saved from her? Out of curiosity? 

When you're gonna accuse someone of being a cult, there needs to be a victim involved. 

Her inner circle seems like they are in too deep with her.

Did she or did she not tell her inner circle that they cannot have children or spouses unless she approves?

Did she or did she not lay out a list of cult-like rules for her inner circle to obey?

Would you have us believe all that was just edited in there?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Her inner circle seems like they are in too deep with her.

Did she or did she not tell her inner circle that they cannot have children or spouses unless she approves?

She says that's an editing-job. That what she actually said, was that she didn't want someone living with her to have children or spouses. However, her employees don't live with her and they can live their own lives. 

I only have her word and strong reason to not trust the documentary because she's successfully managed to discredit them. I can't prove her right. 

There are lots of people who want to live with her. And she says that the non-negotiables list was to manage this situation. It wasn't even her idea. Quoting her in her response to the fourth episode. 

Edited by mr_engineer

If you notice very closely, there are too many shots of people listening to her talk. And very few shots of her directly talking on camera. And, of course, lots of jump-cuts. 

The story is a very good example of reductionism. Where you focus on the details you want and you present the narrative you want. 

I'm pretty sure that if they #releasethefootage, we'll know what they did. 

There is a equal number of positive reviews about her, many people have come out stating that they did not get the impression about her that "the deep end" depicts. The negative media hype is more dopamine slamming. 

Edited by integral

This is why I appreciate Leo limiting his engagement with his audience to just recorded videos and forum discussion. Opening things up to real life encounters (especially frequent ones) is like opening up a can of worms to a whole list of potentially messy and dangerous situations. A lot of people that get drawn into spiritual communities are vulnerable, unstable, and frankly (sorry to sound harsh) bat shit crazy. Gathering them all in one place for extended periods of time is a risky approach, and if it's a full blown living situation that's just so irresponsible it's bordering on insane. At least to me.

Meetings, retreats, and events should be limited to a few times a year for short durations that last a few days or a week. They are just so ripe for abuse, drama, and a place for cults to fester and grow. Community is important but it can easily turn into a dependency, and it disposes some level of responsibility. From what I understand being with others too much kind of distracts from the "spirit" of spirituality, which is to seek out insight and develop as an individual.

Just my two pennies. 

hrhrhtewgfegege