ZenAlex

So it looks like Teal Swan is finally being exposed.

448 posts in this topic

Do not turn this into a thread about Sadhguru. If you want to discuss Sadhguru, start a new thread.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 hours ago, Razard86 said:

This is bias and I disagree. The deepest spiritual work is actually done through others because others constantly reveal your imbalance by triggering emotions within you which reveal those biases and judgments. 

Its why dealing with people is so tough, because it forces you to get rid of the biases/and judgments.

Dealing with people is tough and takes experience, skill, and mastery. However, it really has little to do with awakening.

The deepest spiritual work is not about dealing with people. It's about waking up. And dealing with people is a distraction from that, even though dealing with people can certainly grow you. It will not awaken you.

This is the whole problem with all spiritual communities. The people there are not awake because they are wasting all their time dealing with endless human bullshit. The most awake people are those who spend a lot of time alone.

For example what Sadhguru does all the time is ridiculously impressive. He deals with a ridiculous amount of Spiritual Seekers on a daily basis interacting with so many people from so many different backgrounds and is able to remain cool and collected.

I agree, it is impressive, however, it has nothing to do with awakening per se.

You can find CEOs who are really impressive with dealing with people. So what?

Most essential spiritual question: How nice are you? 

???????

Don't not confuse niceness with consciousness.

The most essential spiritual question is: How conscious are you?

Don't muddle it up with human bullshit.

"Kensho achieved sitting on a za-zen cushion is weak in action"

I find my non dual states are easily wiped away when dealing with people. But this only provides opportunities to see the truth of human interaction, in economics, business, social games, family, dealing with your past, emotional problems, etc. I find one's initial awakening probably needs plenty of alone time. But to develop the awakening, to achieve more awakenings more often, one needs to constantly confront the truth that lies in the outside world. The truth that lies in people and in your discomfort around them.

11 minutes ago, TheOneReborn said:

"Kensho achieved sitting on a za-zen cushion is weak in action"

Yes, but at least it's kensho.

When I go to these spiritual communities people there have no idea what awakening is or that they should even be pursuing it.

In practice all the human stuff is a huge distraction.

If you really wanted kensho you wouldn't be around people to get it. The desire to be around people is a dream. Enjoy it, but don't fool yourself that you're waking up.

'Leaning back'/detaching is not necessarily nice but it's what the feminine needs to rebalance and/or awaken. 

???????

But engaging with that which distracts you only provides opportunity to further train your nondual awareness. When you have a really solid awakening, like a kundalini awakening that totally blows open your crown Chakra, engaging with people is so fun and magical. You see in everyone's eyes their utter fear of death and rejection of God ever present before them. You see how they act like puppets literally moved by strings. It's amazing. It's when you get lost in social games that you fall back into your ego. One needs to constantly train themselves to be mindful even around others, in fact more so around them. One must learn not only to feel truth in their hearts but express truth in their words, actions, movement, and eyes. That can only be done while around others. 

The Dalai Lama was a politician, the leader of a country, and a spiritual leader.  For years, he maintained a rigorous spiritual practice while carrying out his duties as head of state.  There are numerous examples of highly evolved spiritual people becoming involved in the business and politics of the world.  In the Zen Ox story, after awakening you return to the marketplace.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Jodistrict It's a dilemma.. sometimes you just go with the flow and what the infinite intelligence "tells you" to do (which is you).. whether that's sharing or not sharing, in an online format or in-person format... whatever feels right, assess, re-assess. I'm kind of struggling with this myself right now... It's very challenging when the gap is large, but there's still a desire to share so find what works for you. :)

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

On 6/28/2022 at 7:05 AM, Leo Gura said:

You shouldn't need others to emotionally ground you because you can do that for yourself.

I have a theory for this one. Masculine individuals can do this but feminine individuals can't. They need someone to ground them. Long-term. 

In practice, all humans have masculine and feminine in them. So, if a woman (who is a biological manifestation of femininity) decides to invoke her masculinity and ground herself, she can. However, it'll be very hard for her to keep doing that long-term. And it doesn't come naturally to a woman who is inclined towards femininity. 

And, a lot of feminine power comes from connecting with others and healing oneself and others. Whereas masculine power comes from grounding and leading oneself and others. Both have their significance but they need the right context to shine. A fish can't fly and a bird can't swim underwater. 

I think you're being biased here because you're a masculine man and you're unconsciously projecting that onto everyone, including women. 

Edited by mr_engineer

@LSD-Rumi *Triple facepalm*

Aka she stole Leo's website idea. If you cannot be genuine enough to use a unique template for your website then maybe there is something not pure with this teacher.

Edited by Superfluo

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@Epikur what he calls hypocrisy is called nuanced thinking. 
i don't see contraddiction in the clips. Only someone with fault logic would.
You got to understand that Sadhguru talk to regular poeple like you would communicate to your dog, so he adjust his speech accordingly.

4 hours ago, _Archangel_ said:

@Epikur what he calls hypocrisy is called nuanced thinking. 
i don't see contraddiction in the clips. Only someone with fault logic would.
You got to understand that Sadhguru talk to regular poeple like you would communicate to your dog, so he adjust his speech accordingly.

So he talks to people like they are dogs that makes it much better.

He is a good politician and sales guy. Surprising that he does not sell crypto.

weird stuff. this is all a shit show. Take this as you will. That's life right? have a healthy level of skepticism and know what to take that works for you and what to discard that does not help you. If this is true, i know how it feels for people to be "fake" and to be betrayed. That is hurtful.

Lot of therapists are similar I found out (through my own observation and observations from others), they rely on their clients to give them emotional (and financial) support and thus do not encourage ending the therapy relationship. Most will try to perpetuate this "gold standard" of seeing them once a week.. And I've heard that many will know they're dying but won't tell their clients because they're not ready to face it and wrap things up with these clients, and they have to find out from someone else that the therapist died lol. Just something to be aware of if you're pursuing this healing modality and its potential trap.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

12 minutes ago, Thurlian said:

weird stuff. this is all a shit show. Take this as you will. That's life right? have a healthy level of skepticism and know what to take that works for you and what to discard that does not help you. If this is true, i know how it feels for people to be "fake" and to be betrayed. That is hurtful.

Interesting development. That definitely is shady that she seemed so close with the crew.

You could argue they must have had a falling out, but that seems unlikely to me. They clearly were already pretty deep into filming and must have known who Teal is and what she is about. Hard to believe they suddenly had a change of heart because of something they saw.

There certainly is also a possible financial incentive to slam Teal. I’m sure that film was expensive, and “dangerous cult leader” sells pretty well. Especially when you consider that Teal’s online message actually asks people to confront their own shit.

The documentary may have exposed some shitty things in her business, like poor boundaries between her and employees, but it’s looking to me like the documentary was pretty hyperbolic at least. It will be interesting to see if new information continues to come out.

I'm surprised she didn't see that the crew lacked integrity.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?