ZenAlex

So it looks like Teal Swan is finally being exposed.

448 posts in this topic

If her rape stories are true and she has BPD, then she's actually doing surprisingly well. Could be much worse.

You have to set your expectations based on someone's upbringing. She could have turned into a serial killer, you know. Someone with a really bad childhood needs to be cut some slack because their brain is forever wired differently.

I am very mentally stable because I had a really good childhood. But I can't really take credit for that. And that's not the kind of person who needs Teal's help.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Yarco said:

15 pages of people gossiping

It's not merely gossip.

It's legit to inquire if something toxic is happening in a spiritual community. Some people here might be harmed by it if there is any truth to it, which maybe there is not, but the question is legit. Especially since Teal invited this documentary on herself.

As someone who teaches spirituality I feel obligated to keep an eye on who is teaching what and if any of it is toxic or misleading. And cult activity is always a danger in this field, so...

1 hour ago, ZenAlex said:

I don't think I'd ever have such a vision, that's then thing. It's difficult for me to envision what I'd do because I don't think I'd want to be a leader.

Being a leader and having a group of followers behind you is such a narcissistic vision if that's what matters most.

The only person who'd place that much emphasis on being a leader and having group of followers is a cult leader/highly egotistical person.

I'd only be leading if I thought I needed to, that no one else could do better and my species needed me to lead, and even then I'd fail to see the reason to lead in this sort of field. I could just be a prime contributor.

Kind of like JIddu Krishnamurti. He was a public speaker and talked to many people and met them, but he never really treat himself as a leader, and invited questions and seemed to treat everyone as an equal and just looked at what humanity was suffering from and seemed  to have a genuine compassion for others.

So it's difficult to answer your question, because I believe you're trying to back me into a corner and make me believe I'd run things similarly to Teal, and maybe you're right, if my desire was specifically to be a leader with followers, but I don't. 

You're zoning in too much on being a leader rather than helping others. 

No real compassionate person who wants to help others places much importance on being a leader and having followers, but Teal does. 

Leadership would only be the necessary role you'd take on if needed, rather than a goal you've set on being a leader.

Leadership isn't position its influence. Also its human nature to pedestalize someone. Throughout human history humans have worshipped everything from animals, plants, to humans, to gods they created in their folklore. So if your service....became influential enough people would follow you whether you like it or not. 

Lol just ask Leo. Once people believe you have something they do not (which is just projection) they will put you on a pedestal and stalk, follow, and parrot you.

This is why many Gurus have to keep telling people that they are the Ultimate Authority in their lives. Why? Because secretly most people don't want that responsibility. They want the freedom to make mistakes and blame someone else. Its also why some people enter romantic relationships, so they can blame their emotional issues on their partner and claim why are X people like this? LOL

So yeah man if you do too good of a job of serving they will anoint you leader.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

28 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Oh God, she doesn't have BPD. Stop this nonsense for God's sake.

Please say that someone has BPD only if they are officially diagnosed. 

People are getting into this weird habit to label anyone who acts crazy as BPD. 

It's very misleading and leads to rumors and false information being spread about BPD 

Can you stop? 

I believe Teal herself said that she was diagnosed with it.

If her rape stories are true than I would expect that and much more diagnoses.

34 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

People should stop psychoanalyzing others online. 

Just having multiple relationships and suicide attempts does not necessarily make someone BPD. BPD is a mental pattern diagnosed by psychiatrists. 

Even people with trauma can have multiple relationships and suicide behaviors. 

I don't think she has BPD because she has never mentioned such a thing. She is quite stable when she speaks for her to have bpd. 

BPD people don't act like her. We are very sensitive. If a relationship didn't pan out, we won't be having 5 marriages. We turn avoidant after breakups. 

Certainly not bpd. 

I disagree. BPD people can act like her. Some people with BPD can seem very normal, i.e. if you have quiet BPD.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

When? Show me or don't say. 

Just show me. 

Do you realize how you are getting triggered?

6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

When? Show me or don't say. 

Just show me. 

Can't recall where exactly. I've consumed too much about Teal lately. You are welcome to do your own research.

@Preety_India Check your drama at the door please.

Even if someone is officially diagnosed with something, it's not a license for them to act irresponsibly. You can't control how you feel, but you can control how you act.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

On 20.6.2022 at 0:07 PM, zurew said:

Yeah. There are clear reasons why a psychologist or a psychiatrist is regulated and need to work in a controlled way, in order to defend the patients as much as possible.

From an ethical standpoint, it doesn't look good to experiment on severly mentally ill people to see what technique will work to who and with what conditions. Even though, it seems that some of these techniques can work for a number of people with different conditions, but from an ethical standpoint it looks bad.

Now, the problem comes when you create such a public image, where you look like an omniscient goddess (or at the very least, you say that you are the very best at healing people and that is one of the core pillars of your business model) and then there are still people who you can't give any help or you make their condition worse. Why is that bad? Because in their head they will think something like this: "if the best person in the healing field can't help me to heal, then who the fuck will be able to help me and how the fuck will i be able to solve any of these problems?".

The solution would be to be more humble, and more receptive to criticism and to give a more realistic image about your service to your patients.

I understand that from a marketing outlook it doesn't look better if you are more honest, but if we really care about people's mental health, then it should be a basic thing to do.

Yes I totally agree.

On 20.6.2022 at 0:40 PM, Leo Gura said:

To be fair, many therapists and psychologists, although they are regulated, have no clue how to help traumatized people and have no clue about important spiritual concepts.

So as you consider the people Teal hurts, also consider the people that mainstream psychology and medicine hurts. Just because some treatment aligns with regulations does not mean it is helping people. You also have to consider how many people go to therapists and still end up killing themselves.

That's right, good therapists are super rare and in general there are many problems in the system. Psychology has to learn from spirituality, but if Teal regulated her work better, it wouldn't backfire so much all the time. Like at least don't sleep with your Clients and stuff like that...

Btw I looked into her work now a bit and I have to say what I saw was pretty good stuff.

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura pointing out what you do wrong is not drama. You cannot say something you aren't entirely certain about. It's misleading. 

It's like I can't criticize you. I usually don't criticize. But sometimes you get lazy about facts.

Don't play games with me.

You can criticize me, but you are the one accusing me of lying.

But if you go back and re-read the message where I said she had BPD, I clearly say, "I believe..."

I never represented anything as guaranteed to you. If you took it that way, that's not my problem.

I have been very careful in what I say about Teal in this thread, making sure not to slander her or treat her unfairly.

7 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I only humbly request you to not smear people with BPD please. Enough calling me crazy indirectly.

I understand what you're saying. But this discussion was not about you.

I called Teal crazy in a tongue-in-cheek way.

I understand that you don't want your BPD demonized or made fun of. It's a serious condition. Which is why I give Teal a lot of benefit of the doubt. If she has BPD that makes her accomplishments more impressive. If her childhood was even half as bad as she claims, then I can give her a lot more leeway as a teacher. My expectations for her are lower because her life was a lot harder. I'm not going to hold her to the same standard as some Zen master.

Just now, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura  I apologize for saying that you lied. It wasn't nice of me. I take it back.

I said it out of anger and frustration.

No harm done.

27 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Do you realize how people are constantly demonizing my mental disorder and trying to label crazy behavior as BPD further bringing a bad reputation when I have never hurt anyone in my goddamn life?? 

@Preetyinidia nobody is demonizing your disorder and nobody is calling you anything. This thread is not about you, stop taking things personal that have nothing to do with you. Annoying.

10 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

@Preetyinidia nobody is demonizing your disorder

It's not her disorder per se. She's not the first person who's having it, nor last, nor did she create it. But people can attach and make identities out of anything, I suppose.

Still, by no means mental diagnosis is a license to constantly/regularly play the victim or act in a nasty way.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Everyone, cool it. This thread is about Teal. Do not comment any further on Preety or other members. Let it go.

@Gesundheit2 stop the triggering and GET FUCKING LOST. DON'T COMMENT ON ME ANYMORE. JUST STOP 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Let it go.

Done.

18 hours ago, bambi said:

Everything you said applies to the homeless person on the streets who you aimlessly walk past everyday, to hitler, to your mom to your dad, do you get it yet??

No, it doesn't. You lack nuanced judgement.

And no. I actually look the homeless person in the eye with compassion, give him (most of them are male) some money, and then hope God will eventually "love" him.