ZenAlex

So it looks like Teal Swan is finally being exposed.

448 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, zurew said:

This is a pretty poor understanding of Teal's work and intentions. Not impressed. They are doing a lot of projection.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Not impressed. They are doing a lot of projection.

Yeah i agree.

Its very hard to find a video or information source about Teal Swan that is not full of projection and bias. We only have the documentary, and Teal's response videos to make sense of this situation. Or we can use these videos that are full of noise.

56 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is a pretty poor understanding of Teal's work and intentions. Not impressed. They are doing a lot of projection.

That is why I'm kinda struggling with this one. Because mixed in are some things that are kinda sus. I mean the claims about satanistic cult that sacrifices babies and shit. Or her claiming that some stranger picked her up from school without the teachers asking any questions.

48 minutes ago, zurew said:

Yeah i agree.

Its very hard to find a video or information source about Teal Swan that is not full of projection and bias. We only have the documentary, and Teal's response videos to make sense of this situation. Or we can use these videos that are full of noise.

There seems to be no objective way to determine these issues in a public forum.  There are always points and counter-points.  It’s a war of propaganda.   It took 20 years for lawsuits to drive Lifespring out of business.  They trained more than 400,000 people.  They were the 1970s version of mass marketing of mental health/human potential.  Sometimes these issues can only be resolved by the court system where strict rules of evidence are followed.  The problem is if you invest heavily in the system, that is a big chunk of your life.  In this case, the practical solution may be to just watch the youtube videos and take what you think is useful and don’t get further involved.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifespring

Vincit omnia Veritas.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So... I watched the whole documentary now, all 4 episodes. It looks pretty bad by the end. But then I listened to Teal's responses to the documentary and it's hard to know who to believe. She claims the documentary was very deceptively edited. How truthfully edited was the documentary? Who the fuck knows.

There are definitely plenty of red flags in there if the documentary is to be believed at all.

The biggest problem is that she seems to live way too close with what should be her employees. There needs to be a boundary between employer and employee, such that employees are not your personal servants, pawns, and emotional support system. Employees must be allowed to live their own lives and have their own agenda. It seems that Teal is way too emotionally needy with them, using them as a surrogate family, the family she never had.

Bottom line: don't live in the same house with your employees. And don't get too emotionally close to your employees. The boundaries between personal life and work life exist for good reason. It shouldn't matter who your employees are fucking. The fact that this matters to Teal is a problem.

Teal's whole inner circle setup is very incestuous and will obviously breed problems and endless drama. It comes off as authoritarian, with her expecting everyone around her to bend to her agenda and have none of their own. This isn't sustainable, healthy, or in line with conscious relationships.

Overall, I enjoyed the documentary. It felt raw and real. Even if it isn't true, it has good lessons there for how to not run a spirituality community.

Hmm Good post, can't disagree for the time being. I do think humanity could reach a point where these issues wouldn't exist. But yes at the present level of consciousness humanity is at, these are good rules to follow.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

If someone has the time, here is a 6 part series podcast on spotify, called the Gateway.

https://open.spotify.com/show/6Ez7WIIdyxhPbq5W6dJpiW

The Gateway is a six-part series about Teal Swan, a new brand of spiritual guru, who draws in followers with her hypnotic self-help YouTube videos aimed at people who are struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts. Some followers move to Teal’s healing center, a spiritual startup where they produce content and manage social media accounts. Teal insists her therapy saves lives, but her critics say Teal’s death-focused dogma is dangerous. Gizmodo reporter Jennings Brown traveled to rural Utah and to the forests of Costa Rica, with extensive access to Teal and her inner circle, to understand Teal's teachings and investigate the deaths of some of her followers.

Also, there is an older documentary about her called: OPEN SHADOW: The Story of Teal Swan

Trailer:

58 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

In this case, the practical solution may be to just watch the youtube videos and take what you think is useful and don’t get further involved.  

Yeah, i agree with you, but the biggest problem with this, figuring out who has what hidden agenda. If we watch Teal's videos we can obviously know,that we will get a biased positive view about her, so we can know what to look for, but with these other sources, we can't know from the start, who has what agenda and intentions, so we have to spend a lot of hours filtering the noise out, to get some of the facts.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't disagree with that.

As I said, healing trauma is important if you got it.

Just don't make your whole life about that.

And also, psychedelics can be used to unearth and confront trauma.

Talking of healing trauma and psychotherapy.

Any thoughts on internal family systems therapy @Leo Gura?

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

On 6/15/2022 at 0:41 PM, mrPixel said:

Teal Swan is full of shit.

She uses her looks to influence her followers. She's good looking, but I don't think she's beautiful/gorgeous. It's all in the eyes of a beholder, ofc, though. 

Teal is just an average next door looking gal, who had gone through some life's trials... And yes, she has made a name for herself. A female version of Mooji Baba. Yes,, some life/street smart knowledge, a way with words to convince her followers to follow, and pleasant to look at. That's about it.

Teal Swan in a nutshell. I'd rather go with a real deal, Leo.

7 hours ago, Ulax said:

Talking of healing trauma and psychotherapy.

Any thoughts on internal family systems therapy @Leo Gura?

Not my area of focus.

9 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Teal is just an average next door looking gal, who had gone through some life's trials.

Teal is not your average gal.

Teal Swan in a nutshell. I'd rather go with a real deal, Leo.

We have very different focuses. My focus is on understanding reality, her focus is on helping seriously traumatized and suffering people. Her work is very needed. You should not expect my work to offer you that kind of healing. My work assumes you are relatively trauma-free.

Plenty of you guys here with lots of emotional baggage, depression, disorders, etc could use her work.

Actualized.org is not going to teach you everything you need. I have a certain bias and focus. You should round out my teachings with experts in other areas. Dealing with traumatized people is not my wheelhouse.

It's important you guys understand this and don't expect everything from me.

Regardless of any culty stuff, I admire and respect Teal's core work. She is helping way more people than she is hurting. And nobody else is gonna help them.

"My work assumes you are relatively trauma-free"- Leo.

Yes. I've been doing some work on childhood trauma and shadows. Teal can't teach me anything new. 

The problem with listening to others talk about Teal is that many of them were very damaged people before they met her and so their take on Teal could be very distorted by their own minds and failure to understand. Of course their perspective should be considered, but it cannot just be trusted as the unvarnished truth. And you must balance that out against the thousands of people who say she saved their lives.

3 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Teal can't teach me anything new. 

Really??

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Really??

Ok, maybe some. 

Teal swan has 'great posture', masculine Integrated.  I think her level of integration and sexual expression and intimacy gets her into trouble.  A woman is either Mary or Magdalena. People love to demonise her for being very open in her expression. She gets thought of as a manipulative and a snake because she has incredible integration.  It's a compliment.  

Women have to deal with a lot. 

???????

@Leo Gura you have helped me a lot with my trauma healing. You give me logical insights when my brain isn't logical most of the time. 

You have literally been my pillar of strength for close to 4 years now. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I have not seen the documentary so I don’t know what has or hasn’t been exposed. But from what I’ve seen from Teal’s videos, her work is deeply insightful and nuanced. She clearly has a high degree of consciousness.

If she is indeed exploiting her followers / inner circle, that’s shitty and should be exposed. But it sounds like the documentary has blown things out of proportion.

Trying to get the average person to understand Teal and her teaching’s is almost an impossible task.

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura you have helped me a lot with my trauma healing. You give me logical insights when my brain isn't logical most of the time. 

I agree. @Leo Gura Your teachings and this forum has been exceptional for healing and unlocking gifts. You create the right environment.

???????

I am a guy and she still taught me a lot of great psyuchological techniques/frames, not to even say she is extremely hot and pleasant to watch

It's like a Victorian model girl turned spiritual teaching you about enlightenment

Spirituality can be sexy too after all ? (hence infinity) 

Edited by Hello from Russia

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

2 hours ago, Proserpina said:

I agree. @Leo Gura Your teachings and this forum has been exceptional for healing and unlocking gifts. You create the right environment.

That's good to hear but that's not really by design.

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's good to hear but that's not really by design.

Any kind of set up like journalling and the intent for the forum to be used for self development combined with openmindedness is most potent for healing trauma and exploring gifts.  

You are doing people a service. 

Edited by Proserpina

???????