ZenAlex

So it looks like Teal Swan is finally being exposed.

448 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, billiesimon said:

I agree with the whole "surrogate family" but... How is she supposed to find a new close group? She is not on good terms with her parents. What would you suggest to someone like her about fulfilling that closeness need? 

That's one of the core problems I see with her teachings. Her teachings are all about human connection, but you cannot ever satisfy yourself with human connection because the love humans give you will always be finite and selfish, creating suffering. Teal's whole approach will create enormous attachments to humans and to community which will prevent and pervert the deepest levels of spirituality.

The real question is: Why does Teal need a new close group? What is she lacking that she feels she needs those attachments?

There is good reason why the most awakened people are ascetics and hermits with very loose social bonds. Social attachments create suffering and deepen Maya. Community is not about Truth, it's about survival. And you see how her community is struggling with survival in the documentary. That survival will corrupt any spiritual pursuit.

On a practical level Teal can cultivate a group of friends who she doesn't live with and who aren't her employees, but are her peers. This would be the healthy way to do it. This is what most humans do. You don't need to crawl up inside the asses of your friends. Keep a healthy distance. The problem is that Teal seems to want friends who are more like servants and emotional tampons rather than equals.

At least that's what I get from the documentary footage. How accurate the footage is I cannot say.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

35 minutes ago, Bird Larry said:

Although I'm not completely aware of the situation, if she truly cared for her employees "emotionally", she would have set boundaries, and wouldn't have asked such questions. @Leo Gurawe could also think like this.

Yeah, well, the problem is that she's using them as pawns for her life purpose in a monomaniacal way. Her dedication to her LP will backfire on her.

Having such a desire to become spiritually influential is a big red flag for spiritual teachers. Spirituality is not supposed to be mainstream. To make it mainstream will cause all sorts of evil.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's one of the core problems I see with her teachings. Her teachings are all about human connection, but you cannot ever satisfy yourself with human connection because the love humans give you will always be finite and selfish, creating suffering. Teal's whole approach will create enormous attachments to humans and to community which will prevent and pervert the deepest levels of spirituality.

The real question is: Why does Teal need a new close group? What is she lacking that she feels she needs those attachments?

There is good reason why the most awakened people are ascetics and hermits with very loose social bonds. Social attachments create suffering and deepen Maya. Community is not about Truth, it's about survival. And you see how her community is struggling with survival in the documentary. That survival will corrupt any spiritual pursuit.

On a practical level Teal can cultivate a group of friends who she doesn't live with and who aren't her employees, but are her peers. This would be healthy way to do it. This is what most humans do. You don't need to crawl up inside the asses of your friends.

That's a really interesting point. In fact, it's been two years that i've been struggling between the yogic paradigm and the bonding paradigm (teal is the major influence here). Psychology is a huge promoter of the bonding paradigm too, all therapists are. 

It's not that I want to live a yogic life. I want to find a compatible gf and spiritual/philosophical friends like me. But I've battled for at least two years to reduce my chronic attachment to people ; not because i want to eradicate it, but because it was too much. I want to feel good alone too. And find people at the same time. 

And since I like following Teal.. She messed up my idea of expanding consciousness quite a lot, because she keeps repeating that reducing the attachment to people (citing also yogis and monks) is dysfunctional and toxic spirituality. 

But what about learning not to suffer when alone?!? I deeply crave that, since I don't always like hanging out, but still i suffer when I try to relax on my own. 

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

It's not that I want to live a yogic life. I want to find a compatible gf and spiritual/philosophical friends like me. But I've battled for at least two years to reduce my chronic attachment to people ; not because i want to eradicate it, but because it was too much. I want to feel good alone too. And find people at the same time. 

You can have a gf and friends, just don't cling to them too much. You can see in the documentary how deeply attached Teal is to her inner circle. And that's a huge problem.

You cannot build the foundation of your life on any other human. If you do, you're in for a world of hurt and drama. Because eventually you will lose that human. And even before you lose them, those humans will be selfish and will not give you the infinite love you crave. So they will always disappoint you. The only thing that won't disappoint you is God/Yourself.

And since I like following Teal.. She messed up my idea of expanding consciousness quite a lot, because she keeps repeating that reducing the attachment to people (citing also yogis and monks) is dysfunctional and toxic spirituality.

Well, she's wrong about that, as evidenced by how much suffering her human attachments are creating for her. But of course you don't want to take detachment to an extreme where you cannot have healthy human relationships. Just don't build your life on top of other humans. Keep your human relationships somewhat loose. Be fully happy without needing anyone, yet still be social.

But what about learning not to suffer when alone?!? I deeply crave that, since I don't always like hanging out, but still i suffer when I try to relax on my own. 

That's what awakening is for. The more you awaken the more happy you will be on your own.

At high spiritual levels you can be in bliss all on your own.

You should not need an inner circle of pawns to be happy or to support you emotionally.

Fundamentally what Teal seems to be missing is that she's dreaming up all others. She's lost in that dream, endlessly chasing other, endlessly dissatisfied. No other can ever satisfy you because all other is imaginary.

14 minutes ago, billiesimon said:

It's maybe something you want to pursue for awhile and fill your cup so to speak, and fully see its limitations (and the good) while you're at it, which dissolves much of the neediness about it. Going meta as much as you can helps too (like having more awakenings). 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can have a gf and friends, just don't cling to them too much. You can see in the documentary how deeply attached Teal is to her inner circle. And that's a huge problem.

You cannot build the foundation of your life on any other human. If you do, you're in for a world of hurt and drama. Because eventually you will lose that human. And even before you lose them, those humans will be selfish and will not give you the infinite love you crave. So they will always disappoint you. The only thing that won't disappoint you is God/Yourself.

Well, she's wrong about that, as evidenced by how much suffering her human attachments are creating for her. But of course you don't want to take detachment to an extreme where you cannot have healthy human relationships. Just don't build your life on top of other humans. Keep your human relationships somewhat loose. Be fully happy without needing anyone, yet still be social.

That's what awakening is for. The more you awaken the more happy you will be on your own.

At high spiritual levels you can be in bliss all on your own.

You should not need an inner circle of pawns to be happy or to support you emotionally.

Fundamentally what Teal seems to be missing is that she's dreaming up all others. She's lost in that dream, endlessly chasing other, endlessly dissatisfied. No other can ever satisfy you because all other is imaginary.

Thanks, really helpful :) yes, I want to live a good human life but find my truest nature at the same time. I'm decently conscious of impermanence at this point and I realize how unstable human happiness is. And I want to avoid that. 

Teal has the problem of confusing awakening for global connection and global evolution. She never talks about techniques or practices. She keeps taking about what I define as "advanced psychotherapy". Amazing stuff, but it's not awakening :/

Inquire in the now.

19 minutes ago, puporing said:

It's maybe something you want to pursue for awhile and fill your cup so to speak, and fully see its limitations (and the good) while you're at it, which dissolves much of the neediness about it. Going meta as much as you can helps too (like having more awakenings). 

Yes, I agree with both paths :) the middle way. 

Inquire in the now.

5 minutes ago, billiesimon said:

Thanks, really helpful :) yes, I want to live a good human life but find my truest nature at the same time. I'm decently conscious of impermanence at this point and I realize how unstable human happiness is. And I want to avoid that.

Teal has the problem of confusing awakening for global connection and global evolution. She never talks about techniques or practices. She keeps taking about what I define as "advanced psychotherapy". Amazing stuff, but it's not awakening :/

She is good at dealing with trauma and suffering.

But God-realization has nothing to do with trauma or suffering. In fact, to become God-realized you will have to realize that all your trauma is just a story you invented to keep yourself asleep. Imagine telling that to Teal and her audience? They would rip you to pieces like a pack of dogs, haha.

Healing trauma is great stuff. But it will not awaken you by itself. Nor will any amount of human connection and human love.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Imagine telling that to Teal and her audience? They would rip you to pieces like a pack of dogs, haha.

xD

I have to say that psychotherapy (classic psychodynamic therapist) has skyrocketed my consciousness. My head is a lot clearer now that my abandonment trauma is reduced. I get incredible loving vibes from objects just from 12 ug of LSD, or microdose of Salvia. And breathwork makes me quite conscious for around 30 mins after. 

This was unimaginable before psychotherapy. I have to say that healing the ego opens it up for awakening quite a lot. I my opinion therapy is necessary for an ego to walk the pathless path, or the drama will keep stuck in Mind. 

Inquire in the now.

7 minutes ago, billiesimon said:

xD

I have to say that psychotherapy (classic psychodynamic therapist) has skyrocketed my consciousness. My head is a lot clearer now that my abandonment trauma is reduced. I get incredible loving vibes from objects just from 12 ug of LSD, or microdose of Salvia. And breathwork makes me quite conscious for around 30 mins after. 

This was unimaginable before psychotherapy. I have to say that healing the ego opens it up for awakening quite a lot. I my opinion therapy is necessary for an ego to walk the pathless path, or the drama will keep stuck in Mind. 

I don't disagree with that.

As I said, healing trauma is important if you got it.

Just don't make your whole life about that.

And also, psychedelics can be used to unearth and confront trauma.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In fact, to become God-realized you will have to realize that all your trauma is just a story you invented to keep yourself asleep.

LOL that was one of the realizations on my first psychedelic trip, after I've exhausted psychotherapy/self-healing.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

I don't disagree with that.

As I said, healing trauma is important if you got it.

Just don't make your whole life about that.

And also, psychedelics can be used to unearth and confront trauma.

Yasss :)

Inquire in the now.

She is sexy, who wouldn't want to live with her? ^_^

Edited by Hello from Russia

@Razard86 You're so lost in confusion. It's hard to even say how because the system you've written down is so elaborated . You've cut the Absolute into half: the Unmanifest Infinity and the Manifest Infinity (finitude). You claim one is "more true" than the other, yet they are completely identical and exactly the same Absolute. If we say the Formlessness is the Absolute and that the Form is only something that arises from the Absolute, this is a linguistic obfuscation. They are both equivalently the Absolute. You might hear that the world of manifested Form and finites is "a dream" or "an illusion" while misinterpreting what this means. This only means that it is not externally based (not like in the materialistic paradigm where there is some abstraction of a disincarnate physical world that is not our consciousness); it does not mean that they are not real. They are real. They exist. If you admit they exist "as illusions," you have conceded their existence. They are not more or less real depending on how connected to God you are; they exist Absolutely, and that is the only qualifier for realness, truth.

On 2022. 06. 17. at 1:01 PM, Razard86 said:

If I want to understand a child I need to understand the parent. You need to study the absolute to understand the relative. The focus should be on the absolute.

Focus should be on both. You can study the absolute and the relative (and i think you should). If you want to survive you have to study how survival works and you have to study the functionality of things. When you talk about the Absolute, i assume you talk about studying the nature of being/beingness. Thats cool, and thats important, but from a survival pov, it doesn't really matter if you understand things on an existence level or not. 

For instance, if you want to learn how to drive a car, your knowledge that a car is God won't help you to learn driving. But, if you actually study how a car works, and what you need to do in order to drive it, then after a while, through experience and also some conceptual knowledge, you will be able to drive and handle that car.

So, you can understand the functionality of things, without the need to understand the Absolute.

Ontological understanding is just one way of understanding (an important one, but not the only one).

On 15/06/2022 at 3:10 PM, Leo Gura said:

If she has a bunch of her most loyal followers living under one roof I can pretty much guarantee that will be a shitshow. They will be too immature to manage that. I expect many of Teal's followers to be mentally unstable and emotionally reactive. Getting such people together under one roof in a small community is gonna be dangerous.

You need to listen to the podcasts I posted and get more info on this topic.

55 minutes ago, TurquoiseAngel said:

You need to listen to the podcasts I posted and get more info on this topic.

Those links don't play for me.

Teal did say she was married 5 fucking times. Makes you wonder...

Those links don't play for me.