ZenAlex

So it looks like Teal Swan is finally being exposed.

448 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Then again, any physical New Age spiritual community built around a charismatic teacher is going to take on cult like dynamics. Which is why I never started one. When you get a bunch of people together into a small space under a common philosophy they will start acting like a herd of retards.

This also happens online in more close-knit communities like those on Discord, which is good why those things are also discouraged on here.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@ZenAlex Yep i didnt need to watch it, i know based on the quality of her teachings that shes 100% the real thing. 

The editing of her video was pure orange twisting propaganda for views. After i watched it. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Then again, any physical New Age spiritual community built around a charismatic teacher is going to take on cult like dynamics. Which is why I never started one. When you get a bunch of people together into a small space under a common philosophy they will start acting like a herd of retards.

Is this not a new age spiritual community built around a charismatic leader?

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

4 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

I highly doubt any of you have even watched her responses or the documentaries in detail, you've all probably just seen that she's responded, and have faith that "well its teal, she must have debunked everything".

Personally speaking, I was talking about you. What I did or did not is not relevant to the issue you brought forth. I gave you some indications if you want to approach this issue more objectively. Up to you.

Also, I was curious about your point of view about her.

7 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

I'm not saying she's not at all being unfairly attacked, as I've said above, at the very least she's either a cult leader that is continuously getting exposed, or she's a fool to have allowed that documentary to happen, or both. 

Or maybe she had faith in the wrong people? As I said, people that bring people's shadows to the light are gonna be attacked, there's nothing new about that.

8 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

It's NOT just the documentaries, it's many ex-members speaking out also. 

I assume they are emotionally unstable, as Leo said. Why the fuck would you go live with a woman whose life and career is based on therapy? Also, there may be some problems and conflicts between people living with her, it's normal, people have conflicts everyday everywhere.

11 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

Are we just going to assume it's all just a collaborative effort to bring her down... just because this world is just not ready for her?

Obviously some people will not be ready for her.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

3 minutes ago, integral said:

@ZenAlex Yep i didnt need to watch it, i know based on the quality of her teachings that shes 100% the real thing. 

The editing of her video was pure orange twisting propaganda for views. 

I see. So if you're not going to take the video evidence then, what about all of the ex-members speaking out against her about what they went through?

Are they all just bitter? The teachings are just too high for them? They're jealous? Misogynistic? 

Is every single person speaking out against her just part of a big conspiracy against her?

If you look at the comments on her videos you'll see comments, one of which I posted, from even people labelling themselves a teal follower, who has massive issues with some of the things she is doing. She my post previously. 

Sorry but too much of the evidence just screams cult, and you're not even bothering to look at the evidence, you're just like "it's probably bullshit propaganda, I can tell".

What are the basic claims made in the doc?

Be-Do-Have

9 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

"it's probably bullshit propaganda, I can tell".

No i varified it is, i watched the documentary now and her last response video, there is no reason not to believe what she says about the video. Your assuming shes lying? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

19 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

Is every single person speaking out against her just part of a big conspiracy against her?

Your stuck in extremes. Is it possible they don't understand her? 

Edited by integral

I have verified the quality of her mind. lmao that's all the evidence I need. 

19 minutes ago, integral said:

Your stuck in extremes. Is it possible they dont understand her? 

"Is it possible they don't understand her?". Sounds like a very desperate way to try and defend her at this point. You could literally say this about anyone. 

It's what many cult followers say about their leaders and their group activities when they're being exposed "they're just too beyond you to understand".

Is it possible that Teal is innocent? Maybe, but the evidence is really piling up.

Having a little congregation/commune set up with a select few of her deepest followers where very specific and extreme practices are happening, many ex-followers speaking out against her, and now this documentary.

In regards to the doc - It either proves further she's a cult leader, or proves how stupid she is for allowing this documentary to be made in the first place. If she and her followers are aware at how "totally not ready the normies are to understand us", why the fuck would she allow a documentary crew in?

She's either a cult leader, stupid or both. Probably both. 

Edited by ZenAlex

40 minutes ago, Ulax said:

Is this not a new age spiritual community built around a charismatic leader?

I think the emphasis is on being physical. We only talk on this forum, we don't gather around ,we don't have a meeting place , we don't do practices together, we don't do retreats,psychedelics together etc.

@zurew Gotcha

Be-Do-Have

@ZenAlex have you watch any of the content she produces daily? are you familiar with any of her work?

It is extremely disingenuous and distorts what a cult actually is. Go watch some documentaries on Charles Manson first, and a few other cult leaders that fit the mold of a classic cult leader and cult first, and then compare that to Teal Swan, Leo Guru and others.

Charles Manson is the poster child of a true cult leader. Worth studying. Of course, nothing compares to the exploitations , web of lies and manipulations of YOU, the ego mind, could do to cult itself to believe whatever it wants to, but that's a very deep topic.

Just now, Danioover9000 said:

Leo Guru

Good one, this will be his new name xD.

16 minutes ago, integral said:

I have verified the quality of her mind. lmao that's all the evidence I need. 

I see. So some of her teachings worked for you, so it's impossible that's she's a cult leader, it's impossible that all the accusations against her have any merit, because you believe you've "verified the quality of her mind".

Wow. This is LITERALLY what any member of a cult could likely say. 

Maybe she has good insights, but sometimes those who understand higher than most people don't actually have any desire to help others, so will use their teachings to increase their chances of getting away with their schemes.

It's often how cults operate. They often do understand mental health better than most, but use it to THEIR advantage, not anyone elses. But they need to sell it to you, and therefore are willing to prove enough results to get you hooked.

@zurew

1 minute ago, zurew said:

Good one, this will be his new name xD.

Whoops, was thinking of something uwu when typing thatxD

@ZenAlex I think if you want to settle this, you need to make a very compelling argument why she is a cult leader, and not just appeal to people and to the documentary. You can appeal to them ,but obviously it won't be enough to make a convincing argument for people who disagree with you heavily.

Make your compelling case why she is actually a cult leader, and then you guys have a ground to actually argue about.

14 minutes ago, zurew said:

@ZenAlex I think if you want to settle this, you need to make a very compelling argument why she is a cult leader, and not just appeal to people and to the documentary. You can appeal to them ,but obviously it won't be enough to make a convincing argument for people who disagree with you heavily.

Make your compelling case why she is actually a cult leader, and then you guys have a ground to actually argue about.

I never said it was just based on a documentary, did I? Read my posts. 

I cannot prove 100% that she is. But it's the way she organises her community, having little congregations of her most "loyal" followers, appearing very superficial, and also the allegations against her from ex-followers.

But the reality is, in some cases unless you appear to have a 100% understanding of guru/leaders works/books/writings etc, they'll just "then what ground do you have to stand on to judge her behaviour". 

It's typical cult bullshit. They'll create their own bibles of fucked up shit, that they are familiar with more than anyone else, and when you are not familiar with all of it, they'll tell you that "you just don't understand".

So basically these cult leader types will get away with a lot because anyone who sees the fucked up behaviour "just doesn't understand", and will respond to you with made up jibberish from their teachings which will overwhelm you and make you feel uncertain of yourself, and they and their followers will be like "aha, see, you have no clue what you're talking about!!".

Boohoo, our group and our leader are just so misunderstood..

And yet the outcome is often the same. Ex members left in terrible shape, abuse, and obviously cult like behaviour, and when it's questioned, you bet you the followers will be prepared with pre-ordained responses, ready to spew you with their groups crap to overwhelm you and defend their behaviour as "enlightened" behaviour that most people just can't understand.

It;s the same shit, over and over and over and over and over again! It's the exact same fucking tactics!

Edited by ZenAlex