-Rowan

Feedback Needed!

13 posts in this topic

What are your reactions to the following life purpose statement? What direction comes to mind when you hear it? I need feedback from a range of people! Thank you :) This is not my life purpose statement per say, but I found this statement recently and want to know what others think.

"To carefully provide insights that can improve unity & the well-being of others with a logical approach"

I want to know what other people visualize when they read that statement.

Thanks!

Rowan

Lol what I think Leo does.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

I would probably phrase it "create unity" instead of "improve unity". In some cases (the most difficult cases), there is no pre-existing unity there to grow and improve upon. You have to create it from scratch.

8 minutes ago, Yarco said:

I would probably phrase it "create unity" instead of "improve unity". In some cases (the most difficult cases), there is no pre-existing unity there to grow and improve upon. You have to create it from scratch.

Its semantics, to improve is to create. When you grow you are creating. What is creation? To add something there that wasn't there initially. What is improvement, change. What is creation? Change. Its semantics.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

3 hours ago, -Rowan said:

with a logical approach

xDxDxD

There's more, I'd say the intuitive approach is superior most of the times.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Use both logical, emotional and intuitive approach. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Its semantics, to improve is to create. When you grow you are creating. What is creation? To add something there that wasn't there initially. What is improvement, change. What is creation? Change. Its semantics.

To me, unity is a binary off/on thing. Literally, joined as one. You're either unified or you aren't, you can't really be partially unified or improve unity partway.

Alternatively it could stay as "improve" instead of "create" but change it to a non-binary word like social cohesion or co-operation.

Of course it's semantics, it's a mission statement. But little changes in wording make a big overall difference. Are you uniting a country behind a single cause, or just making people be more friendly and courteous to their neighbours?

Use both logical, emotional and intuitive approach.

You guys are missing the point, it's a life purpose. Not what's all-around most optimal. If one of someone's core values or strengths is logic, then they don't have to add emotion or intuition into it. 

In this case, logic is almost like a medium. Like if someone's life purpose was storytelling through music, you wouldn't say "actually film is superior for storytelling most of the time because it incorporates a visual approach as well as just audio."

Edited by Yarco

48 minutes ago, Yarco said:

You guys are missing the point, it's a life purpose. Not what's all-around most optimal. If one of someone's core values or strengths is logic, then they don't have to add emotion or intuition into it. 

In this case, logic is almost like a medium. Like if someone's life purpose was storytelling through music, you wouldn't say "actually film is superior for storytelling most of the time because it incorporates a visual approach as well as just audio."

Sure but OP asked for feedback so I gave it. No need to take anything I say of course. You should always make your own decisions.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

3 hours ago, puporing said:

xDxDxD

Yep its the message of the divine!!! 

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Want to know where that line came from?

Some expert in the myerrs briggs typology created a sort of meta-theory for each type, combining the dominant cognitivie functions of each type, and some extra bits of info from different interpretations of Myers Briggs.

Check it out here - https://www.reddit.com/r/UnityHarbor/comments/vbac6r/unity_code_the_16types_theory_synthesized_and/

That line was actually a role description for the INFJ type.

For example, the role description for the INTP type (Which I think Leo is) is the following:

"INTP's want to provide precise problem solving that can improve ideas, possibilities, and direction of others with a knowledgeable approach, once provided it will increase their sense of hope for the future."

Check it out for your type, I beleive it could be a great resource for Life Purpose Course people or just for people who are into myers briggs.

Let me know if you resonate with the role description of your type.

On 15/06/2022 at 2:18 PM, -Rowan said:

"To carefully provide insights that can improve unity & the well-being of others with a logical approach"

I want to know what other people visualize when they read that statement.

As an INTP, this makes me think of a typical undeveloped INTP - who fancies himself the smartest person in the room, but would rather die than get out of his philosophy armchair and get his hands dirty.

Yes, my own shadow side is what I see here :P

My opinion is that a life purpose statement should be the result of experiences providing value and seeing what feels right - distilling a direction from different experiences of giving your gift in various forms in the real world. This is what I always encourage people to do. What Leo also does with his 'small bets' concept.

The statement then helps you focus and narrow your direction.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@-Rowan I especially like this statement. It's original, true and beneficial.

It also provides for an additional way to go after you achieve such and such abilities.

It's like student and master walk hand in hand until they go to their separate ways and when they return (after many years) they complete a sort of a spiral of understandings. 

That's my view, anyway.

Greg

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.