Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husseinisdoingfine

Tangibly, how to pray?

6 posts in this topic

Like, what movements do I have to make, mantras I have to chant, to pray?

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

awareness is potent prayer, can you hang out there for a minute in god's masterpiece thankful to know the hotline to heaven in your silence

Prayer is a, mindset. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

It is not about the technique or ritual, that is not prayer.

I personally enjoy the mature way of hindu prayer. Which is rooted in the cognition SOHAMASMI. Which means, even when I pray to you we are one and the same or you are that which you worship. From that space, prayers are answered and you never feel cheated by God, rather your prayer will be purified to a oneness practice. To talk with God is to pray. To transition your thoughts with yourself to a constant God talking mind is a legit path to realization and a potent purification method.

So to sum up, SOHAMASI and to talk with God is to pray. It's all about the quality of the oneness and the quality of the talk which determine how good the prayer is.

It's mostly about sincerity and focus.

The little things like eyes open or closed, hands folded or not don't matter. 

Just give God your full undivided attention and respect, don't lie. Don't try to multitask and pray while eating or listening to music or thinking of something else, give it 100%. Just lay yourself bare, admit your faults and limitations and ask for help and divine guidance. 

It's an all-powerful all-knowing being, you don't have to worry about speaking the right language or doing the right movements to connect. It's like a 24/7 hotline always just waiting and listening for you to start talking in whatever way works for you.

Edited by Yarco