Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ya know

Is it necessary to become an asshole to succeed?

12 posts in this topic

What is the definition of asshole to you?

I’m the one who dreams. 

@Maka Someone who uses the dark side to succeed

anger, hate, rage

I have had times in life when i'm super fit, dressing well, having sex, socially dominating and yet it feels worthless

for a while it's awesome, then I get karmic payback or it just ends up not working anymore

yet when I let go things seems to move slowly and I don't get the same results

I get positive social feedback for being a dick. The world rewards me for being a devil, yet when I actually try to do the right thing and be conscious my rewards are measly.

What am I missing?

Is it really the best way to live to be a conscious person? 

If I was unconscious as fuck and sought only my own happiness, purely selfish motives and desires, it seems like my life would be better.

Especially in the realm of dating and attraction

It's stupid how well being an angry alpha guy works to have sex

yet that behavior is shunned in spiritual circles

but it works

My current gripe is that the majority of spiritual advice I receive completely contradicts the results I get in the physical world, and the methods I use to acquire things.

At the moment, being a dick as worked so well for me in so many ways that I don't see the reason for consciousness anymore.

How can love be a real thing? How is god love?

There is so much misery in the world. We do so many bad things as a species. Life is essentially survival of the fittest.

Our world is structured in a way to hide these unpleasant truths as much as possible.

But the truth is, if I am a powerful selfish person I will get what I want.

If I am weak others will walk over me. Without boundaries it's innate within people to take what they want.

Kobe aim to win. He did not cheat people's feelings or steal people's heart. Kobe was still a good person.

Edited by hyruga

You have to sometimes be a narcissist and a psychopath 

It's ingrained. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

If you haven't figured out yet...this world is an ego game. So why wouldn't being the biggest ego get you all the world desires? All the religions have already talked about your current question. Its why Jesus said its easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. The pursuit of acquisition conflicts with Spirituality. Spirituality is about learning to release the desire for control, Materialism is all about the desire to gain control.

If you want to be a Devil go be a Devil. There are pros and cons. You will find out the cons after you do it. You can't die, you are an infinite being so if you want to experience what it is like then do it. If you try to fake being a loving spiritual person you will just be a devil anyway, just not a very effective devil. If you want to be a devil to get results, then do it all the way.

Its your life. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Depends on what you define as 'Success'. If your definition is connection to spirit then no. I find being an asshole purposefully is usually a failure on the consciousness path. Unless you are polarized. 

Edited by Proserpina

???????

14 hours ago, Ya know said:

I have had times in life when i'm super fit, dressing well, having sex, socially dominating and yet it feels worthless

for a while it's awesome, then I get karmic payback or it just ends up not working anymore

yet when I let go things seems to move slowly and I don't get the same results

If you are confident and assertive and make shit happen, life should go pretty well for you. If it stops working just go back to the drawing board and readjust the things that are not working. What is the alternative? Being weak and impotent? That certainly won't make you happy. 

You have to live and breath this shit to make it real and for it to be authentic and stable. To the degree that you're just putting on a front or not believing in it yourself, things will become shaky. It's literally "Will to power" that you have to cultivate.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus