Vision

How to feel lighter in your body?

25 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rainy Sparkle said:

I have difficulties relaxing my body (& mind) on command. Progressive muscle relaxation helps. 

You can't command relaxation. Commanding is another contraction. Letting go is about finding where you are contracted and letting go of the mind activity that causes the contraction. This usually isn't so simple because most of our contractions (or the source of them) are subconscious. So usually it takes serious inquiry, contemplation or psychotherapy to bring the unconscious to the concious.

This is also why psychedelics can become an escape from real work. Psychedelics affect the sub-conscious mind by reducing its activity and thus releasing the contraction in the body as well. The problem is that it is usually only a temporary release and when you return to baseline consciousness you cannot find the contraction because it is still in the sub-conscious. 

8 minutes ago, Batman said:

You can't command relaxation. Commanding is another contraction. Letting go is about finding where you are contracted and letting go of the mind activity that causes the contraction. This usually isn't so simple because most of our contractions (or the source of them) are subconscious. So usually it takes serious inquiry, contemplation or psychotherapy to bring the unconscious to the concious.

Maybe I made poor wording choice there or something, but I agree with what you're saying. 

@Vision For me, learning and practicing some breathing techniques, especially those that are more related to the parasympathetic nervous system, help me to feel better in my body. I can think of it as feeling lighter. Experiment for yourself, I hope it works for you.

Edited by Mohammad

Remember death.

You won't live for another 7000 weeks.

On 17/06/2022 at 11:53 PM, Mohammad said:

@Vision For me, learning and practicing some breathing techniques, especially those that are more related to the parasympathetic nervous system, help me to feel better in my body. I can think of it as feeling lighter. Experiment for yourself, I hope it works for you.

What are these techniques?

On 19/06/2022 at 5:06 PM, hyruga said:

Remember death.

You won't live for another 7000 weeks.

I don’t see how this is particularly helpful with feeling lighter in my body.