Vision

How to feel lighter in your body?

25 posts in this topic

How can I feel lighter in my body? I am always feeling tension and I haven't been able to "let loose" for years. 

Be more gentle and loving with yourself, would be one way:-)

1 hour ago, Vision said:

How can I feel lighter in my body? I am always feeling tension and I haven't been able to "let loose" for years. 

If psychedelics are an option for you, they can definitely facilitate significant bodily releases. 5-MeO is the only substance that kinda brute forces contractions out of the body ime, but your experience may differ. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

16 minutes ago, Waken said:

Be more gentle and loving with yourself

@Waken This by itself is vague. How do you be more gentle and loving with yourself? 

4 minutes ago, Space said:

If psychedelics are an option for you, they can definitely facilitate significant bodily releases. 5-MeO is the only substance that kinda brute forces contractions out of the body ime, but you're experience may differ. 

Might not be an option for me for now. I don't know where to get them. 

Any other options? 

You can search the Wujizhuang (not boxing) in martial arts, and Thanissaro Bhikkhu‘s Samadhi materials. This is an art aimed at relaxation until you feel that your spine has been ripped open layer by layer, something on your head hangs your whole body. Until you can't feel your body. And there is NO SOUND when you walk or pick up/put things down. 

You can search the materials of the Wujizhuang or Samadhi. This is the best relaxing wisdom you can find. ??

15 minutes ago, Vision said:

Might not be an option for me for now. I don't know where to get them. 

Any other options? 

Strangely, day-game or nightgame approaching can really loosen you up. Putting yourself into lots of high tension social situations can force you to really let loose. I've had experiences were I felt very light and open after 5 or 6 cold approaches. But its not always guarenteed, not permanent, and might not be for you.

Heavy sweating and exercise could be an option.

Cannabis is also an excellent way to relax and let go of a lot of shit. But again, not permanent or long lasting.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

2 minutes ago, Space said:

Strangely, day-game or nightgame approaching can really loosen you up. Putting yourself into lots of high tension social situations can force you to really let loose. I've had experiences were I felt very light and open after 5 or 6 cold approaches. But its not always guarenteed, not permanent, and might not be for you.

I think for game to work I would need to genuinely be attracted in the girls I'm approaching. My health issues fucked up my libido. I am not interested in dating or relationships, nor am I attracted to girls the same way I used to be.

But I assume that's not your main point. You mentioned high tension social situations — I think this would work if I only felt tense during social situations but my tension is chronic. I'm feeling it 24/7. 

13 minutes ago, Space said:

Heavy sweating and exercise could be an option.

The more I push myself during exercise the worse the tension gets. I just do what I can. 

15 minutes ago, Space said:

Cannabis is also an excellent way to relax and let go of a lot of shit. But again, not permanent or long lasting.

I don't think I will ever have weed or cannabis in my life. The cons outweigh the benefits (the only benefit seems to be short-term pleasure) and knowing myself, I'd likely get addicted to it. 

@ZGROPIUS Haha are you being sarcastic? What was the point of posting that suggestion then?

@Vision

The only times I feel lighter in my body and with complete absence of tension is at the times I am completely unhooked from easy dopamine sources.

-No social media (all apps deleted)
-Limited and deliberate PC time. No mindless usage.
-0 gaming.
-Limited stimulants in food and drinks. Less or no coffee, nicotine.
-No heavy foods, or very limited. If so, combined with pre or post fasting.
-Work out.
-Exposure to nature.

There are probably few more things I could add to the list. But I think the digital exposure was the biggest for me.
If I cut just that, all of a sudden in a day or two my mind gets very clear and I start feeling lighter in my body.

If I start engaging into the "no" stuff I just listed. Tension and brain fog starts building up again very quickly.

Fasting is the best way to loosen attachment to the body. But if you are talking learning how to loosen tension psychedelics can be an option. Your tension in your body is caused by repressed emotions, which is just stored energy. Facing fears, traumas, heals you and releases that energy. Fasting and meditation is a more mild approach than the brute force option of the psychedelic.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Just some basic yoga done regularly and with dedication will loosen you up tremendously.

You could literally go to a local yoga class and just do what your teachers tells you to. With sufficient mindfulness and dedication you will feel a lot better soon and you will probably very quickly "outperform" all the people in your class xD

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

On 14/06/2022 at 10:09 PM, Yog said:

No heavy foods, or very limited. If so, combined with pre or post fasting.

@Yog @Rokazulu @Razard86 

Can you elaborate more on this? What foods are "heavy"? And what is pre/post fasting? I have been intermittent fasting, mostly 16:8 but sometimes 18:6. 

On 16/06/2022 at 3:21 AM, Nilsi said:

Just some basic yoga done regularly and with dedication will loosen you up tremendously.

You could literally go to a local yoga class and just do what your teachers tells you to. With sufficient mindfulness and dedication you will feel a lot better soon and you will probably very quickly "outperform" all the people in your class xD

Aren't most of these "yoga classes" Hatha yoga? 

11 hours ago, origin said:

Thanks. I'll have a look.

You MUST do Magic Mushrooms, they literally do that, and then you can try to map that experience with your lucid state

7 hours ago, Vision said:

@Yog @Rokazulu @Razard86

Aren't most of these "yoga classes" Hatha yoga?

Yes, that's right. Don't underestimate the power of some deep mindful stretches and movements. This shit alone can change your life if you're committed enough.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Yoga, Meditation, Enlightenment. The contraction or heaviness of the body is in the mind, so if you want a relaxed and light body you need to release the contractions the the mind. 

I have difficulties relaxing my body (& mind) on command. Progressive muscle relaxation helps.