MsNobody

Psychedelics and Breathing

25 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2022 at 8:21 PM, MsNobody said:

In a recent video when asked about weed and psychedelics, Matt Kahn said that those substances only change our perception because they change our breathing.

And yes it makes sense giving that we can experience psychedelic states through breathing exercises.

But I would like to know if you've heard any teachings that you can share or have an opinion on that?

Very curious!

Thank you for reading.

Classic gross reductionism. Of course there are changes in breathing and brain chemistry that correlate with a psychedelic trip but to reduce that whole experience down to some physiological changes is just ignorant.

It's the classic "we will be able to explain the whole universe once we zoom a bit deeper into atoms" scientific blindness.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@OBEler it depends how I'm feeling. I take psilocybin honey almost every day with weed before my daily practice. Like half a tablespoon. Not a big amount but not a microdose either.

I've been doing yogic work for several years now and I've had breakthroughs but when I started adding psilocybin my progress just shot through the roof and I keep improving to this day. It really is amazing. 

@Vinnie oh interesting, what yogic exercises? 

Kriya? 

And do you immediately Start breathing or are you wating one hour to kick in and then Start? 

No tolerante Issue so far? 

Very interesting 

@OBEler more like Qi-Gong but Kriya Yoga would work just as well. Basically you're searching deep inside yourself with your breath. Gut mining is a good way to describe it.

I start as soon as I've had my bong, the psilocybin takes abit to kick in.

There is tolerance but it resets quickly if you take a break.

On 6/15/2022 at 4:19 PM, Carl-Richard said:

Going for a run changes breathing too :D

It changes everything. Breathing is one thing.

Breathing is love!!!:D

Wanted to beat my man Michael Jackson from saying this first!!

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86