MsNobody

Psychedelics and Breathing

25 posts in this topic

In a recent video when asked about weed and psychedelics, Matt Kahn said that those substances only change our perception because they change our breathing.

And yes it makes sense giving that we can experience psychedelic states through breathing exercises.

But I would like to know if you've heard any teachings that you can share or have an opinion on that?

Very curious!

Thank you for reading.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

@MsNobody Are you sure he said it's ONLY because of breathing?

I've definitely noticed that my breathing changes when I do psychidelics, and usually when I'm able to make progress on the trip it's when I get some control over the breathing.

Sounds to me like Matt Kahn has the typical spiritual teacher aversion to psychidelics because he has a cult following of seekers who make 0 progress, so anything that actually has the potential to work is kryptonite to a guy like Matt Khan

Agreed on cult following@Raptorsin7 yet I don't understand what metric you used to say that they have made 0 growth.

Agreed on psyychedelics too.

4 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

Raptorsin7 yet I don't understand what metric you used to say that they have made 0 growth

Okay, yeah I take that back. I don't know if it's zero growth.

But think about it. If Matt Khan was an effective teacher, he would not have that kind of cult following. People would come, get what they need and go on live their lives.

You wouldn't want to be a cult follower if you are genuinely happy, but these guys can't really offer that.

Edited by Raptorsin7

@Raptorsin7 whatever shakes their boat.

if you meet Buddha on the path kill him.

2 hours ago, MsNobody said:

In a recent video when asked about weed and psychedelics, Matt Kahn said that those substances only change our perception because they change our breathing.

?

@Raptorsin7  it's not a cult. Matt Kahn has a very heart centered approach, even though I don't agree with everything he says, I see a lot of value in his work.

Are you familiar with his teachings? maybe you are more on your mind, that is why you can't grasp what he says.

3 minutes ago, MsNobody said:

@Raptorsin7  it's not a cult. Matt Kahn has a very heart centered approach, even though I don't agree with everything he says, I see a lot of value in his work.

Yeah I'm sure he helps some people, and the cult comment may be to aggresssive.

But I lost respect for him when I heard him comment about his nasal congestion. He has sleep apnea and uses a machine to deal with it, and he laughed at the idea that it was related to emotional repression or some other issue.

I have similar nasal issues, and I know it's possible to completely decongest the nose and that's its directly related to repressions of tensions and emotions in the body.

So I know he speaks about things that he clearly doesn't understand. He could have said idk, but instead he spouted off like he knew.

And his comment about psychidelics is almost certainly nonsense.

@MsNobody You have to own your spiritual work/development.Nobody will do it for you.

Being follower is getting rid of your own authority and avoiding of true development.

You have on this site many people who just parrot Leo too.

@Zeroguy @Zeroguy and you think laughing at my comment makes you an independent mind thinker?

I never said I follow Leo or Matt Kahn, I investigate things and that is the reason why I open up the space to know more about the topic, if I did believe him I would not be here open to discussions. On the other side, I didn't see any comment about the connection of psychedelics and breathing coming from you. 

You actually "parroted" the above comment and said: Agreed on this, agreed on that. Who is the one following what others say? 

I see lots of projection..

that's an interesting idea, from my experience taking psychedelics I get a lot of pleasure from each breath. Breathing feels like ecstasy when high, and I could sit there and focus on the breath all day without any interest to do anything else, it's just that good.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

That is complete horseshit. Please refer to the video.

Yes, psychedelics cause change in regulation of breath because our breathing is affected by our mind and psychedelics dramatically alter the mind. But that doesn't mean that the change in breathing (which does not have to be so dramatic at regular doses) is what leading to the psychedelic experience.

I am not going to supply some science story about how this works. It is to trip once to see that the drastic change in experience is caused due to the direct effect psychedelics has on the structure or architecture of the mind, and not the indirect affect it has on breathing regulation.

16 hours ago, MsNobody said:

@Zeroguy @Zeroguy and you think laughing at my comment makes you an independent mind thinker?

I never said I follow Leo or Matt Kahn, I investigate things and that is the reason why I open up the space to know more about the topic, if I did believe him I would not be here open to discussions. On the other side, I didn't see any comment about the connection of psychedelics and breathing coming from you. 

You actually "parroted" the above comment and said: Agreed on this, agreed on that. Who is the one following what others say? 

I see lots of projection..

I agree you are right.Sorry.

6 hours ago, Zeroguy said:

I agree you are right.Sorry.

Yeah I'm sorry too. 

I could have gave a better and less divisive answer.

On 6/13/2022 at 10:54 PM, Raptorsin7 said:

Okay, yeah I take that back. I don't know if it's zero growth.

But think about it. If Matt Khan was an effective teacher, he would not have that kind of cult following. People would come, get what they need and go on live their lives.

You wouldn't want to be a cult follower if you are genuinely happy, but these guys can't really offer that.

Maybe he fulfills the belonging needs humans have.

maslow-pyramid.jpg

@Zeroguy Agreed. 

I think hes helping and providing value in some way, but my point is that he's no buddha and his insight is limited

@MsNobody If you're looking for psychedelic like states via breathing, then holotropic breathing might work out for you. However, I don't think it will be of the same depth.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Going for a run changes breathing too :D

It changes everything. Breathing is one thing.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Psychedelic (+weed) breathwork has changed my life like you wouldn't believe. I really recommend it ? 

@Vinnie what breathing Did you Do, Did you full time during Trip or just at peak or come up

To thread topic: total nonesense. Psychedelics influence receptors in your Brain. It Alters your Brain chemistry and because of this you experience consciousness change. Not because of breathing.lol.

But breathing can also influence Brain chemistry, Yeah... But you dont get these visuals because of this