Vynce

Psychedelics and mind muscle connection

10 posts in this topic

If you are into strength training and, or trying to build muscle I highly recommend training during a solid LSD trip comedown. 

Of course be aware of your capability to enter a gym at such states of consciousness. So maybe train at home.

Its really fascinating.

Sometimes I noticed that I could feel every tiny muscle fibre and could feel deep into the tissue. 

My strength and form were just on another level. 

I remember that the way I train legs changed forever since I did it on LSD. 

Yeah I am playing table tennis on a semi professional level and I noticed this as well. After an LSD trip my abilities go up to a super human level and I can do things that I normally never could do.

Yea well, all psychedelics put you into the senses.

IMO, working out when tripping is a waste of precious tripping time.

@Vynce That's an interesting topic, thank you for posting!

In the last 5 years I've used psychedelic in a meditative state and recently I've started introducing microdoses (well a little more on the higher side) to my practices.

I've noticed I can sync with my body more easily, which I believe happens because psychedelics break the boundaries of the body and also the blockages (traumas) we've accumulated throughout our lives.  

I've tried with poi spinning balls, slackline, weight lifting, running, I haven't had the courage to introduce it into skydiving lol but my friend uses weed (I know its not psychedelic but can bring some good insights) inside wind tunnels (indoor skydiving) I will ask about his experience. But overall what I find is that our body has an internal wisdom, the more we let go of control and surrender to the body, the more it will do its thing in a most precise and optimal way. 

Getting in the zone is another thing, one day I learned so many new tricks on the slackline because of an LSD microdose. I felt like a child, I kept failing but instead of giving up (which is what the adult solid and inflexible mind does) the LSD brought me to that child like mind which is keep trying and have fun, don't be embarrassed to fail, and wow. It's just crazy. I wish more research was done into this field. 

This quote from Osho came to my mind, about our connection with our body.

The first thing is the body. The body is your base, it is your ground, it is where you are grounded. To make you antagonistic towards the body is to destroy you, is to make you schizophrenic, is to make you miserable, is to create hell. You are the body. Of course, you are more than the body, but that 'more' will follow later on. First you are the body. The body is your basic truth, so never be against the body. Whenever you are against the body, you are going against God. Whenever you are disrespectful to your body, you are losing contact with reality, because your body is your contact. Your body is your bridge. Your body is your temple. Tantra teaches reverence for the body, love, respect for the body, gratitude for the body. The body is marvelous. It is the greatest of mysteries.

But you have been taught to be against the body. So sometimes you are over-mystified by the tree by the green tree -- sometimes mystified by the moon and the sun, sometimes mystified by a flower, but never mystified by your own body. And your body is the most complex phenomenon in existence. No flower, no tree has such a beautiful body as you have. No moon, no sun, no star has such an evolved mechanism as you have.

But you have been taught to appreciate the flower, which is a simple thing. You have been taught to appreciate a tree, which is a simple thing. You have even been taught to appreciate stones, rocks, mountains, rivers, but you have never been taught to respect your own body, never to be mystified by it. Yes, it is very close, so it is very easy to forget about it. It is very obvious, so it is easy to neglect it. But this is the most beautiful phenomenon.

If you look at a flower, people will say 'How aesthetic!' And if you look at a woman's beautiful face or a man's beautiful face, people will say 'This is lust.' If you go to the tree, and stand there, and look in a dazed state at the flower -- your eyes wide open, your senses wide open to allow the beauty of the flower to enter you -- people will think you are a poet or a painter or a mystic. But if you go to a woman or a man and just stand there with great reverence and respect, and look at the woman with your eyes wide open and your senses drinking the beauty of the woman, the police will catch hold of you. Nobody will say that you are a mystic, a poet, nobody will appreciate what you are doing. Something has gone wrong.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

Tantra teaches you to reclaim respect for the body, love for the body. Tantra teaches you to look at the body as the greatest creation of God. Tantra is the religion of the body. Of course it goes higher, but it never leaves the body; it is grounded there. It is the only religion which is really grounded in the earth: it has roots. Other religions are uprooted trees -- dead, dull, dying; the juice does not flow in them.

I love Osho just because he was the only sage that spoke about the body, all the other spiritual teachers deny or repress this big part of our lives, our vehicle to be here. We ONLY have our body, why not take care of it, right? 

26 minutes ago, MsNobody said:

If you look at a flower, people will say 'How aesthetic!' And if you look at a woman's beautiful face or a man's beautiful face, people will say 'This is lust.' If you go to the tree, and stand there, and look in a dazed state at the flower -- your eyes wide open, your senses wide open to allow the beauty of the flower to enter you -- people will think you are a poet or a painter or a mystic. But if you go to a woman or a man and just stand there with great reverence and respect, and look at the woman with your eyes wide open and your senses drinking the beauty of the woman, the police will catch hold of you. Nobody will say that you are a mystic, a poet, nobody will appreciate what you are doing. Something has gone wrong

WOW!

This phenomenon is lingering in my mind for months now. I'm so into appreciating beauty in humans, but it always gets misunderstood as sexual desire. For example I absolutely love the male body. Nearly as much as I love the females. The way how muscles move and contract... The way there are built and coordinated in perfect proportion. Its really a shame, that men let this precious gift of a healthy, trained body down. 

I'm even open for homosexual love at this point, just to appreciate the male body even more :D But its a different attraction, than what I'm used to with women. 

Thank you for this quote :$

52 minutes ago, Vynce said:

WOW!

This phenomenon is lingering in my mind for months now. I'm so into appreciating beauty in humans, but it always gets misunderstood as sexual desire. For example I absolutely love the male body. Nearly as much as I love the females. The way how muscles move and contract... The way there are built and coordinated in perfect proportion. Its really a shame, that men let this precious gift of a healthy, trained body down. 

I'm even open for homosexual love at this point, just to appreciate the male body even more :D But its a different attraction, than what I'm used to with women. 

Thank you for this quote :$

Yasss!!! There is more here if you want to look into it.

http://www.tantra-essence.com/2013/05/in-profile-osho-body/

1 hour ago, MsNobody said:

I love Osho just because he was the only sage that spoke about the body, all the other spiritual teachers deny or repress this big part of our lives, our vehicle to be here. We ONLY have our body, why not take care of it, right? 

Many other teachers throughout history have taught the value of the body! Tantra itself is a lineage going back at least a millennia. How else could all the bodily forms of yoga have emerged?

However, even the texts of Tantra say that the body has to be emphasised today because people have lost contact with their divine nature and become overly identified with the body. In a way, the spiritual escapism and hatred of the body that is prevalent in spiritual circles is actually a product of people today being overly identified with the body. This identification is a hindrance which could divert the spiritual path; then again, repressing bodily impulses could also do this!

OSHO cited as his favourite book Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche. Zarathustra speaks very persuasively about remaining true to the earth and not believing those who talk to you of super-earthly hopes and about loving the body as opposed to the “afterworldsmen” and the “preachers of death”. OSHO’s books on Tantra also deal mostly with the texts of Saraha, a Tantric adept of the 8th century who taught the path of using the body to transcend the body.

The body is not all you have. If all you have is the body you should be freaking out! The body is going to die soon…

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

I've been to the gym on a microdose of LSD, and I felt weaker and more easily fatigued. Might be related to 5HT2A activity elevating cortisol and lowering testosterone.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

23 hours ago, flyingwhalee said:

I bet this could be dangerous and you could easily injure yourself though

Yeah. Self-Love eliminates this problem for me during trip times. You even see how irresponsible you might have trained in the past.