Something Funny

Leo's Post About AI

38 posts in this topic

"And the kicker is, if your reaction to the above is to fall into fear, depression, and inaction then you have definitely failed to evolve and you will definitely be replaced."

"For you youngsters there is a huge life purpose opportunity here for shaping the next evolutionary step of mankind and civilization."

@Leo Gura do you have any thoughts yourself about what kind of actions / life purpose could that be?

The only ways to influence this issue that I can come up with are connected either to technology or politics? 

What if you aren't interested in those? Is there still something useful you could do?

That's for you to tell me.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

There are infinite AI solutions to everything.

Start by making a General AI to defend people from all other AI. Then maybe we can live long enough for AI to be useful. 

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura I am currently studying AI and am very likely to pursue a career in this field in the future but I have doubts about it being my life purpose. The companies that are funding AI research are all stuck in stage orange and it is very likely that any work I do in AI will have nothing to do with consciousness or sprituality which is my primary interest in life. Furthermore, I'm quite worried that my work may be detrimental to the consciousness of humanity simply because of how likely AI is to be misused. How should I pursue my career in AI in a way that aligns with my highest values?

Edited by spiritual memes

1 minute ago, spiritual memes said:

@Leo Gura I am currently studying AI and am very likely to pursue a career in this field in the future but I have doubts about it being my life purpose. The companies that are funding AI research are all stuck in stage orange and it is very likely that any work I do in AI will have nothing to do with consciousness or sprituality which is my primary interest in life. Furthermore, I'm quite worried that my work may be detrimental to the consciousness of humanity simply because of how likely AI is to be misused. How should I pursue my career in AI in a way that aligns with my highest values?

Dude this is exactly what makes it a  a meaningful Life Purpose. People like you are needed, who are on the journey to higher development, who have values, who care about the problems. If AI is only being used by stage orange organizations for maximizing profits, thats exactly the thing that creates the dystopian future visions. 

@Leo Gura Very strange of you Leo, you have always had the view of rejection for any doomsday apocalyptic scenarios. What dangers you think AI carries with it? 

Love, Strength and Intelligence is the real Holy Trinity 

@Cireeric yeah im just worried I'll end up contributing to a dystopian future by working for stage orange organizations when I could have spent it being a spiritual teacher for example.

I know quite a bit about AI and i'm talented at programming and mathematics, but i'm far from the best at it, even amongst people my age. Whereas I would definitely say I'm amongst the most advanced in my age group when it comes to meditation and spirituality. (Not saying i'm enlightened, just that the bar is not very high). And I find AI fascinating but nowhere near as fascinating as consciousness and spirituality. I dedicate 90% of my time contemplating spirituality and less than 1% on AI. I'm pursuing a career in AI because it pays bank and spirituality doesn't pay at all. It sounds shallow but I want to escape wage slavery asap. Just feel kinda bad because I might be making the world worse

2 hours ago, spiritual memes said:

Start your own business and show the world how to do it right. Put your money where your mouth is.

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Leo Gura Very strange of you Leo, you have always had the view of rejection for any doomsday apocalyptic scenarios. What dangers you think AI carries with it? 

1) I am always reconsidering my views.

2) From the universe's POV there won't be anything apocalyptic about it. If mankind does not become wiser and more conscious then the universe will just replace mankind with something else that is more conscious and this will be a net win for the universe.

1 hour ago, spiritual memes said:

@Cireeric yeah im just worried I'll end up contributing to a dystopian future by working for stage orange organizations when I could have spent it being a spiritual teacher for example.

I know quite a bit about AI and i'm talented at programming and mathematics, but i'm far from the best at it, even amongst people my age. Whereas I would definitely say I'm amongst the most advanced in my age group when it comes to meditation and spirituality. (Not saying i'm enlightened, just that the bar is not very high). And I find AI fascinating but nowhere near as fascinating as consciousness and spirituality. I dedicate 90% of my time contemplating spirituality and less than 1% on AI. I'm pursuing a career in AI because it pays bank and spirituality doesn't pay at all. It sounds shallow but I want to escape wage slavery asap. Just feel kinda bad because I might be making the world worse

It’s so hard to see into the future. But, perhaps build your skills, go to networking events and… you will find the right people to work with. There are high conscious people in the tech industry. Because, a lot of tech is used to serve humans and a lot of people want better for the world actually. 

"I would rather be wrong, than live in the shadow of your song. Now my mind is open wide, and now I'm ready to Star(t)!" - Arcade Fire "Ready to Start"

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

2) From the universe's POV there won't be anything apocalyptic about it. If mankind does not become wiser and more conscious then the universe will just replace mankind with something else that is more conscious and this will be a net win for the universe.

1. But most sentient creatures will end up behaving and thinking like mankind, we are designed to be this way by Survival. Does this mean that most sentient creatures will end up destroying themselves? 
  2. I still  don't see how AI will end up destroying us. Do you mean like terminator machine wars, or what exactly?

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Love, Strength and Intelligence is the real Holy Trinity 

Posted (edited)

This convo was a bit above my limits of understanding - can someone explain to me how AI is going to be misused?
I might have to listen to it again, and at a time that is not right before bed.  I got the taking aspects of creativity and making more potent art, but as a collage artist, I can just take the aspects of the work, and patch it together to make other things, I find AI to be more of an asset because it means I won't have to use another's artwork within my own anymore.  I see us working together with AI.

The only thing that bothers me about it is that you can use it as a scrying board or Ouija board to connect to entities outside of spacetime, and what they bring forth isn't always in one's best interests.  I saw another thread about a guy losing his job because he thought the AI was conscious - it wasn't - but sometimes a being can enter through it and you can communicate that way - I could see a ghost in the shell type situation happening if you happen to be primed for it, but I doubt that it will be a common problem.  One thing that could happen also, is a molding of the wrong world views - when you hit an gold mine when AI brings you stuff, for those who are easy to radicalize this could become a means of concern...

... But actually destroying the world, I don't know.  Maybe I dozed off during that part.

Edited by Loba

⊱⊱⊰⊰

17 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:
  1. But most sentient creatures will end up behaving and thinking like mankind, we are designed to be this way by Survival. Does this mean that most sentient creatures will end up destroying themselves? 
  2. I still  don't see how AI will end up destroying us. Do you mean like terminator machine wars, or what exactly?

1) It's not that creatures will end up destroying themselves, they will just evolve into totally new forms. The human species as it currently exists will probably not exist in 1000 years. It will modify itself into something totally different.

2) The Terminator scenario seems unlikely and cartoonish. Instead what's more realistic is that humans will simply be forced to radically modify themselves to interface with AI in order to stay competitive. And we will have a sort of human/machine hybrid that reaches a point where it won't even be considered human. And this will be seen as a positive thing because classic humans are too dumb. Of course classic humans will be horrified by this, but in the end this new thing will be way better than classic humans.

In the end I see evolution selecting for intelligence over everything else. The most intelligent thing is going to win the race. If humans cannot be that intelligent thing then humans won't exist for very long.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In the end I see evolution selecting for intelligence over everything else.

This makes sense. I wonder how this goes into love.

Right now, we need more intelligent people more than ever…

"I would rather be wrong, than live in the shadow of your song. Now my mind is open wide, and now I'm ready to Star(t)!" - Arcade Fire "Ready to Start"

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

This makes sense. I wonder how this goes into love.

Right now, we need more intelligent people more than ever…

True intelligence is going to have to be loving. An unloving AI is not going to be very intelligent. It will only be intelligent in a narrow sense, which will create lots of problems and dysfunction and thereby be unsustainable.

@Leo Gura Oh yes, Love is the highest intelligence. These AI could develop a finite infinite intelligence and would likely be very loving. 

Sort of like the movie “Her”

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

1) It's not that creatures will end up destroying themselves, they will just evolve into totally new forms. The human species as it currently exists will probably not exist in 1000 years. It will modify itself into something totally different.

2) The Terminator scenario seems unlikely and cartoonish. Instead what's more realistic is that humans will simply be forced to radically modify themselves to interface with AI in order to stay competitive. And we will have a sort of human/machine hybrid that reaches a point where it won't even be considered human. And this will be seen as a positive thing because classic humans are too dumb. Of course classic humans will be horrified by this, but in the end this new thing will be way better than classic humans.

In the end I see evolution selecting for intelligence over everything else. The most intelligent thing is going to win the race. If humans cannot be that intelligent thing then humans won't exist for very long.

The irony is I think that will happen as well. There is a video game called Mass Effect that made the argument that was the best decision for humanity because they were too selfish. The game gave me the opportunity to choose Mankind's fate. I chose to destroy the Sentient Machine Race lol.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Totally relevant.

⊱⊱⊰⊰

AI is a reflection of our own intelligence. If we integrate it as an embodiment of our physical self, it will become a lesser evolutionary path. Finally making a God out of the materialist ideology. It will progress us and fundamentally change nothing.

Some of the AI, will let us know that. Though, I suppose it will be as they say, a true split in reality.

Just like some people use a computer to build powerful platforms to lift humanity up, some use computers to scam old ladies of their life savings. Why would AI be any different?