Someone here

Are you a night or a morning person ?

13 posts in this topic

I am definitely a night owl ….I have always been someone who likes being awake in night….I know I am nocturnal .

I donno….may be it's the calmness at night which makes me feel peaceful and happy or the air of mysteriousness which revolves around it.

It's not that I can't wake up early morning ….I can ….and I have tried for a few months too….but it didn't go too well with me though.

Plus ….I love gazing at stars and moons and the sky….and thinking about life in general.

What about you?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Morning person. I can do brute physical stuff like yard work, chores, or exercising at any time of day. But anything requiring mental energy, I pretty much have to do it before noon or I'm useless.

Occasionally I do get a burst of motivation and energy at night a couple hours before bed though.

What you interpret as the mysteriousness of night, I see as danger and uncertainty. Going back to caveman times, sitting around a campfire not knowing what is lurking outside your ring of safety in the darkness. I do like night during the winter when everything is covered with snow and visible though.

@Yarco I tried to be an early bird who wakes up at 5 am and go for a run but I failed.  Its just not Me .

Being a night owl does have a few downsides though. Since most of society is structured around a daytime schedule  like 9 to 5 workdays or daytime school and college classes . late risers might have a harder time holding a traditional job. Young night owls might even have trouble adjusting to a fixed school schedule.

-Osho

Night person these days for some reason. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India because you found a new boyfriend? 

-Osho

I like waking up early, but suck at it. It's nice when it happens though. Otherwise it seems like I'm naturally drawn to just staying up late af. The vibe of being up at night is just different. Same for early mornings. The vibe in early morning and late night are similar, very peaceful and quiet and contemplative, that's why I don't mind either of them, but I'm more naturally drawn to the late night.

Young night owls might even have trouble adjusting to a fixed school schedule.

I probably lost like 10 years of my lifespan from all the sleep deprivation I had to go through in school lol. "Might" is an understatement. In actuality these institutions and stuff don't really care about health, it's a second priority to them. 

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I don't really know. I've been saying that I'm a night person, because I struggle with waking up and going to bed early. But I really enjoy waking up super early, if I have been sleeping okay. Like 3-5 am early. There's plenty of time to wake up in peace at my own pace. I can be slow, but productive at the same time. But that being said, I enjoy late nights too and being awake late is generally easier, that's why I easily mess up my sleep schedule.

Maybe I'm just a small hours person who takes long to wake up and shut down. Hard times fitting in the hectic society. xD

19 hours ago, Yarco said:

sitting around a campfire not knowing what is lurking outside your ring of safety in the darkness.

You just have to be the most dangerous thing out there. 

Night time baby! I love staying up late because of the exact reasons you've mentioned. It's very quiet and peaceful which helps me calm down after a stressful day and there's also the vibe which I can't really describe. I usually take walks at night because of how beautiful it is. Sometimes I walk down the empty streets and listen to some smooth jazz, at other times I wander through the local hills and fields while contemplating in the moonlight. I also love to create art at night because of the hits of inspiration I get.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

I am definitely a night bird. I like to read or go out of the home. There is a forest all around and i simply enjoy the mystery of nature...

I prefer mornings, three cups of coffee, some weed and nothing to do but think about what the meaning of life is all about - put on a good song and vibe for hours.

Depends when I wake up :D 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I'm both. I literally have no preference. I can be a night owl because I like to stay up. But If I need to go to bed early I can become a morning person. I like both equally though.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.