Matthew85

The trap of thinking the ego mind is the totality of God

100 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, cetus said:

Frank Yang put it well when he said "Reality has become just a blob. This is how a baby must experience reality".

That's some true non-duality there.  The "spectrum" blends into one. -The absence of all partitions.

Imagine the reality for a fetus. or what is the same, imagine that they cut a cable from your brain and disconnect you from your senses, and then they erase your memory. what would you be? according to the ego's point of view, you would be nothing, a vegetable. something without capacity or characteristics. but you really would be everything. unlimited. Out of time or space, infinity. every attribute is a limitation.

1 hour ago, cetus said:

Frank Yang put it well when he said "Reality has become just a blob. This is how a baby must experience reality".

Experiencing reality like a baby is a lower state of seeing than an adult is capable of. Frank Yang has fallen into a trap. God is capable of self-understanding.

41 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

God is capable of self-understanding.

I see. Self realized he is.

7 minutes ago, cetus said:

I see. Self realized he is.

Unfortunataly he isn't.

6 minutes ago, cetus said:

@Michael Jackson Does Love need to know it's Love? Or can it be like a child?

Love can be whatever it wants. Love can be a child, an ant, or a rock.

Love in its highest form completely knows what it is, and understands perfectly that it is Love, heaven perfection.

This is Self-Realization / awakening.

Being like a child is sweet, but it is not awakening.

@Benton I live in Chicago. Can I get the Yantra thing you're talking about where I live? I've no clue what that's supposed to be. 

Edited by lisindel

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Imagine the reality for a fetus. or what is the same, imagine that they cut a cable from your brain and disconnect you from your senses, and then they erase your memory. what would you be? according to the ego's point of view, you would be nothing, a vegetable. something without capacity or characteristics. but you really would be everything. unlimited. Out of time or space, infinity. every attribute is a limitation.

Perfect. 

6 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

Being like a child is sweet, but it is not awakening.

But isn't awakening really about undoing all the B.S. you've gathered over the years.

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@cetus @Michael Jackson How do we decide what awakening is? 

Explain me folks. 

You can't. It is ever unfolding.

Just now, cetus said:

You can't. It is ever unfolding.

Agree. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I know a lot of awakening is masculine biased. The 'guru'. 

Feminine can be like a child. 

???????

2 hours ago, Galyna said:

Sorry I did not mean to devalue your experience. I was trying to explain you what lies behind the I AMness.

@Galyna I appreciate you sharing your perspective and experiences. 

You asked me what I called this True Self...but it does not have any qualities. 

Hmm...not sure how you came to this understanding. Consciousness or God at all levels even the highest has inherent qualities. 

While you are holding on to the context of a certain story, awareness is not capable to become itself.

I agree, but I would say to become it's true authentic self. I don't agree it has no qualities. 

30 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Galyna I appreciate you sharing your perspective and experiences. 

Hmm...not sure how you came to this understanding. Consciousness or God at all levels even the highest has inherent qualities. 

I agree, but I would say to become it's true authentic self. I don't agree it has no qualities. 

I do apologize for my language, I feel it is a bit deceitful to my reader. :$

Awareness cannot become Itself, it is already Self. I meant to say: 

While you are holding on to the context of a certain story, Awareness can not see Itself.

But again, please do not be too hard on this statement. I am trying to point that in order to see your true nature, you need to remove all the concepts and notions. Remove your thinking capacity. Very often, you can notice it after your awakening in the morning; you need this split of a second to remember yourself. Have you  ever noticed it? Tomorrow when you wake up, try to be aware of this process, Matt won't be there immediately, you will need a bit of volition to remember who and where you are. So that blank state is what you are prior to remembering: "Oh, I am me, I am in my bed, in my house!" Notice this. Also, you can notice it on the border line of sleep, just right before loosing consciousness and falling asleep. Usually, you become this screen that registers reality, and thoughts are like running сredits after the movie is over. That space is what it is, you can notice it.  

It is not an understanding. Consciousness contains all possible qualities, but God itself is not any of them.

Okay imagine this: an empty space. Then imagine something in that space. Dot! So, Consciousness is that space that allows a dot to be. If Consciousness would have any quality, it could not contain what it holds. It would become automatically an object/quality. But what is it that allows everything to be? It is like an air. But again, even space and air is a bad analogy. I am just using it to explain Nothingness. User friendly example. 

How have I arrived to this understanding? I do not remember. In all honestly, I do not remember when I became aware of awareness, of this "space" which is not me. It was a very gradual process for me. 

Eventually, you will notice it, do not be too hard on yourself, just keep up with the work and it will unfold naturally. 

The best practice is to put your attention on attention itself. Attention on everything: thought, feeling and perception. After a while, you will notice that space I am talking about it. 

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Benton what psychedelic do you recommend? Sorry I'm new to it. 

Can you provide links for the methods recommended? 

@Preety_India it is a state of being, deciding is a mind! You ain’t gonna miss you, don’t worry. 

would you miss something like a fall from the Eiffel Tower? 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"