Matthew85

The trap of thinking the ego mind is the totality of God

100 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Galyna If there is no I, what do you call the always present awareness that is experiencing?

Nothing. LOL.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

3 hours ago, Godishere said:

So if I can't stand to be alone, then why do you say God Realization is the best thing ever? 

It is once you get over all your fear.

What you fear is just yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Enlightenment has nothing to do with no longer seeing physical separate bodies with different belief systems. 

Rather it's the clear recognition that these apparent characters along with their entire culturally conditioned belief systems, still don't equal a real separate individual within that particular body. 

That conditioned reality is what creates the dream story or matrix experience as often heard of.

There isn't a real someone within that body actually experiencing or controlling anything!!

Cultural differences also seem to do an amazing job at perpetuating the experience of there actually being a separate YOU & ME!!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

8 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

So true Leo. It makes getting to the truth challenging.

I am open to this being the truth.

There very well could be nothing outside my life, but I still feel it isn't completely accurate to say my Matthew mind is imagining my entire universe as was discussed at this event. 

I think I have a fear of adopting a deluded belief Leo. 

The truth is not that. The truth isn't something. The truth is to dissolve the limits, the falsehood is the appearance of limitation. To say: there is nothing except you, is another limitation. The truth is: i am. No i am something, or alone, or with others. Everything is the same. You couldn't adopt a deluded belief because all beliefs are delusion 

10 hours ago, Godishere said:

You're either  A. The same God/Self living a life concurrent to my life and somewhere throughout infinity I live your life

Or B. Completely imaginary/projection and my own self teaching me to awaken and not living a life concurrently with me.

You are dreaming Godishere's life right now. In this dream, there is a guy named Leo that is teaching you how to awaken. 

Maybe in another dream you will dream Leo's life, teaching a guy named Godishere about awakening. 

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

6 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Nothing. LOL.

?

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

57 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

You are dreaming Godishere's life right now. In this dream, there is a guy named Leo that is teaching you how to awaken. 

Maybe in another dream you will dream Leo's life, teaching a guy named Godishere about awakening. 

That doesn't seem right...

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because you can't stand to be alone.

But why?

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

30 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

That doesn't seem right...

How so?

There is only one dream of course, the second paragraph is meant more figuratively and not literally.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 minute ago, Aleister Crowleyy said:

Are you going to just ask questions, or are you going to do the work first then ask questions when they arise(to help overcoming an obstacle)?

It wasn't a question 

37 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

How so?

There is only one dream of course, the second paragraph is meant more figuratively and not literally.

That's what I meant actually, The Egg stuff seems off to me.

Leo also seems off to me when he seems to imply "subjective Solipsism". I don't know how such an insight happens. It wasn't something he got from vaping 5-MeO-DMT, which is why he went down this rabbithole at the start ("Leo becomes infinity")... I don't think he ever recaptured that. And I never recaptured the single DMT acid trip that I reacted to similarly.......

10 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

The truth is not that. The truth isn't something. The truth is to dissolve the limits, the falsehood is the appearance of limitation. To say: there is nothing except you, is another limitation. The truth is: i am. No i am something, or alone, or with others. Everything is the same. 

@Breakingthewall Thank you!

10 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

You couldn't adopt a deluded belief because all beliefs are delusion

You don't feel there are some truths that are universal truths. 

14 hours ago, Galyna said:

Just “am”, no I needed. “You” already are! Very simple empirical feeling. 
There is nobody there, absolutely nothing. 

@Galyna It doesn't feel right to me to call it nothing. I appreciate your messages, but many aspects of Neo-Advaita non-duality teachings have never resonated with me. Yes, in a sense consciousness is made of nothing, but that nothing is something.

7 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

You don't feel there are some truths that are universal truths. 

Well, you could say: the truth is the infinity. It's an idea that point the truth, but it's not the truth, because you can't imagine the infinity, you can realize it if you dissolve the limits that the ideas are. 

14 hours ago, Batman said:

When truth is "seen", "other" characters are just you pretending (unconsciously) not to be you. 

But don't take it as a belief, only as a sharing that comes from apparent "other" member in the forum.

@Batman Thank you!

23 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Well, you could say: the truth is the infinity. It's an idea that point the truth, but it's not the truth, because you can't imagine the infinity, you can realize it if you dissolve the limits that the ideas are. 

@Breakingthewall I get what you are saying.

What I mean by not wanting to adopt a deluded belief is some belief's are more true than others in a relative sense to our human experience. 

For example, you could adopt some strange conspiracy beliefs about the world or some religious dogma that has a big impact on your experience of life. But these belief's are based on falsehoods. 

15 hours ago, Batman said:

Lose all beliefs, and don't adopt new ones.

@Batman I don't see how it would be possible to function in this human experience without beliefs. 

16 hours ago, Galyna said:

This is your mind that wants to name objects and things. It’s doing it right now, right now in this message. it wants to name phenomena, any phenomena which is occurring in the spectrum of its so called “vision”. 

Frank Yang put it well when he said "Reality has become just a blob. This is how a baby must experience reality".

That's some true non-duality there.  The "spectrum" blends into one. -The absence of all partitions.

2 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

@Galyna It doesn't feel right to me to call it nothing. I appreciate your messages, but many aspects of Neo-Advaita non-duality teachings have never resonated with me. Yes, in a sense consciousness is made of nothing, but that nothing is something.

Sorry I did not mean to devalue your experience. I was trying to explain you what lies behind the I AMness. You asked me what I called this True Self...but it does not have any qualities. 

This I AM is a psychically objectified living system, we can not deny it.

It recognizes itself through I am.

However, in this I AMness, there is always a need to define itself as  “I am someone”. Immediately creating the history about Itself. This is very important to recognize. This Amness is our true being and it does not hold any qualities, therefore I said it is nothingness, because "something" is a quality.

As soon as we define it, our mind is being hooked. This is a form of a mind game: categorization. 

While you are holding on to the context of a certain story, awareness is not capable to become itself.

It is truly nothingness that allows everything!

That is what I meant.

Again, I am sorry if it sounded nihilistic.

Good quote came into my mind:

"When you are left alone with yourself, look at both"

Edited by Galyna

1 hour ago, cetus said:

Frank Yang put it well when he said "Reality has become just a blob. This is how a baby must experience reality".

That's some true non-duality there.  The "spectrum" blends into one. -The absence of all partitions.

Hard to say what is the proper definition. Everyone's mind has its own associative capacity.