Matthew85

The trap of thinking the ego mind is the totality of God

100 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem is what the ego mind thinks the ego mind is. Ego mind is so twisted that it cannot understand itself and it cannot know what non-ego mind is. The ego has completely co-opted experience to create itself.

So true Leo. It makes getting to the truth challenging.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You actually believe that your experience is something personal as opposed to absolute.

I am open to this being the truth.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You actually believe you have a life and that this life can end while other lives continue. You actually believe there is stuff outside your life.

There very well could be nothing outside my life, but I still feel it isn't completely accurate to say my Matthew mind is imagining my entire universe as was discussed at this event. 

I think I have a fear of adopting a deluded belief Leo. 

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem is what the ego mind thinks the ego mind is. Ego mind is so twisted that it cannot understand itself and it cannot know what non-ego mind is. The ego has completely co-opted experience to create itself. You actually believe that your experience is something personal as opposed to absolute. You actually believe you have a life and that this life can end while other lives continue. You actually believe there is stuff outside your life.

All these are illusions of the ego, and when the ego collapses all of that will get radically recontextualized.

Isn't the "reconceptualization" too alien, dude. The idea of other lives etc doesn't even occur, because other lives means something different at that point.

I begged my friend to answer "are you me?" as I was high on DMT. The existence or nonexistence of an internal experience on his end, for some reason, was entirely irrelevant to this question. I don't know why.

That has always been the case on psychedelic breakthroughs, which have not matched your first 5-MeO-DMT trip, but serious enough to change my entire worldview. In those states, the thoughts about whether people were all essentially NPCs did not exist. It was entirely irrelevant.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When you truly awaken there won't be any other minds.

You are not yet conscious that you are imagining them.

So then why does everyone else claim to have an experience etc. If I was to claim right now that you are all NPCs, I would get shot down and called delusional. So why is everyone talking here if there's no other finite minds? 

You're either  A. The same God/Self living a life concurrent to my life and somewhere throughout infinity I live your life

Or B. Completely imaginary/projection and my own self teaching me to awaken and not living a life concurrently with me. 

Can you please clear up this confusion for me? Also why do so many of the non-dual community claim that the ego is completely nothing. I.e "nothings happening, the entire ego identity is illusory" "that's thought attachment" etc... There's seems to be some conflict with your teachings and the typical non dual stuff.

Thanks Leo

2 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

What do you feel is happening when someone awakens and feels their ego mind is all that exists? Do they need deeper awakening's? My deepest desire is truth, not adopting a deluded belief. Some may say it's unknowable, but I feel it is. 

this is infinity, unfathomable, and everything that seems to be happening is just a dream. the past is a dream, everything is unreal. there is only this and it is imaginary. nothing has any importance. there are no limits and anything divided by infinity=0 . there is only love flowing infinitely. Nothing ever happened, or everything happened. is the same. dreams that disappear

1 hour ago, Matthew85 said:

@Razard86 So true. It's pretty magical how the universe always responds to focused intentions. 

What felt off and incomplete was saying that my finite Matthew mind was imagining my entire universe.

It is...and it isn't. Lol remember no separation. Its all perspective. When you take a psychedelic you just raise in awareness that you are God. So technically that ego....which is part of you is part of the mind that is constructing everything. But is the ego itself doing it? No.

Think of it like this. Imagine if you could give a dog a psychedelic and it is all of a sudden able to realize...its God. Lol all the psychedelic did is bring it into its awareness. It was always God dreaming the entire universe. The psychedelic just revealed it.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Later, as the disciple was going home, he saw an elephant charging towards him.

"Get out of the way, get out of the way," shouted mahout (the elephant-driver). "He has gone mad! But the disciple thought: "God is everywhere. He is in the elephant and he is in me. Would God attack God? No, therefore the elephant will not attack me.""

He stood where he was. The elephant picked him up in his trunk and flung him aside. Fortunately, he landed in a haystack and was not too badly hurt. But he was terribly shaken and confused.

When the Guru and the other disciples came to help him and take him home, he said, "You said God is in everything, but see what the elephant did to me!"

"It is true that God is in everything," said his Guru. "He is in the elephant, but he is also in the mahout who kept telling you to get out of the way. Why didn't you listen to him?"

God exists in ALL things.

1 hour ago, Godishere said:

So then why does everyone else claim to have an experience etc. If I was to claim right now that you are all NPCs, I would get shot down and called delusional. So why is everyone talking here if there's no other finite minds?

You are creating them saying that because you must in order to maintain your sense of self and other.

You constructed this illusion to fool yourself that there are others. Because you can't stand to be alone. People in your dream are telling you exactly what you want to hear because you imagine them for your own benefit.

If you asked your mom, "Are you real?" and she said, "No", you could no longer have a mother. So what it means to "have a mother" is for her to insist that she is real and for you to believe it. You must deny that you created her, otherwise she could not have given birth to you.

You're one tricky bastard, eh? ;) 

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are creating them saying that because you must in order to maintain your sense of self and other.

You constructed this illusion to fool yourself that there are others. Because you can't stand to be alone. People in your dream are telling you exactly what you want to hear because you imagine them for your own benefit.

If you asked your mom, "Are you real?" and she said, "No", you could no longer have a mother. So what it means to "have a mother" is for her to insist that she is real and for you to believe it. You must deny that you created her, otherwise she could not have given birth to you.

You're one tricky bastard, eh? ;) 

So if I can't stand to be alone, then why do you say God Realization is the best thing ever? 

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because you can't stand to be alone

4 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

Who can't stand to be alone? God? But he is. And he is not he, it's the infinity. The infinity is not alone. There is something wrong in that idea

Edited by Breakingthewall

13 minutes ago, Godishere said:

So if I can't stand to be alone, then why do you say God Realization is the best thing ever? 

It's called "being a crazy person". I'm already totally isolated. I'd gladly be all alone and just end this, then make a new fantasy living in the Bob's Burgers cartoon........ This world is boring me.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura Where I didn't agree with the speaker was they believed their finite mind was creating all "others"

To me the Matthew persona is also a creation in my dream. 

Leo, an updated video on ego/self from your current level of awareness would be helpful and clear up some confusion about no self. 

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

But is the ego itself doing it? No.

@Razard86 Well, since separation is an illusion, you could argue that it did. Haha

It certainly seems to be involved in what shows up. I have had too many mind blowing very specific desires show up in my experience to be coincidence. Whether I as Matthew created them or impressed my higher mind and it did it, I'm not sure, but I know I was part of the process. 

10 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

To me the Matthew persona is also a creation in my dream. 

There is only one dream and it has no beholder. When we say: “my” dream immediately separation occurs. 
can it be anything rather then “yours”within the present awareness or current pov?  
confusion happens because there is so called I vs Others. 

what if is there is no I? Who is the owner of the dream in this case? 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

16 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Razard86 Well, since separation is an illusion, you could argue that it did. Haha

It certainly seems to be involved in what shows up. I have had too many mind blowing very specific desires show up in my experience to be coincidence. Whether I as Matthew created them or impressed my higher mind and it did it, I'm not sure, but I know I was part of the process. 

YOU GET IT!! All logic falls apart when talking about the infinite, you only attempt to talk about it a certain way so people can understand. But the truth is...the way it is discussed is not how it actually is because infinity is NOT linear. Logic is linear, logic is finite, so you cannot use logic to explain infinity. So any logical statement that attempts to explain infinity just explains a perspective.

Its like trying to cut a piece of an infinite pie that keeps generating. Then explain the piece...but the piece you removed...is replaced by another piece which is different in expression. So the moment you try to explain an aspect of infinity you are trying to freeze it in time...which cannot be done because it is impermanent. So you can only use generalizations to explain it. The moment you start getting very specific....you are now just talking perspective.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

this is infinity, unfathomable, and everything that seems to be happening is just a dream. the past is a dream, everything is unreal. there is only this and it is imaginary. nothing has any importance. there are no limits and anything divided by infinity=0 . there is only love flowing infinitely. Nothing ever happened, or everything happened. is the same. dreams that disappear

Your account name goes perfectly with this quote lol.

20 minutes ago, Willie said:

ego ≠ existence

1 hour ago, Godishere said:

Because if you don't realize you are God....you will take life too seriously. When you realize you are God two things happen. 

1. You realize it is all you so you gain an appreciation for everything.

2. You will investigate what it means to be God Realized within the dream. The clue is...when you connect with your infinite consciousness you can enter a state called Samadhi within the dream which can change the experience you have here and help you reach your true potential as God in the dream.

Bonus: You also realize...you don't have to do anything, so you can live completely free of all dogma, judgment, duty, etc.. 

1 hour ago, Galyna said:

what if is there is no I? Who is the owner of the dream in this case? 

@Galyna If there is no I, what do you call the always present awareness that is experiencing?

47 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Galyna If there is no I, what do you call the always present awareness that is experiencing?

This is your mind that wants to name objects and things. It’s doing it right now, right now in this message. it wants to name phenomena, any phenomena which is occurring in the spectrum of its so called “vision”. 

Do you need any “I” to be, right here, right now? Do you need to name objects. Notice the never ending rambling in your mind and recognize it as mind. It is not who you are!

Notice what you call “I” was given to you by so called “others”. 

existence doesn’t need to be defined. 

Reality recognizes itself through your being, through this presence, right here and right now! 

Just “am”, no I needed. “You” already are! Very simple empirical feeling. 
There is nobody there, absolutely nothing. 

if you will be putting your attenuation on Iamness all the time,  you will eventually recognize  that the longer and clearer your attention, “I” disappears. What you will be left with is just being. It doesn’t scream about itself, it doesn’t claim, nor express itself but rather give the opportunity for this “I” to arise. 

even the gender notion you carry about yourself is also mind! 

what helped me to discern this first is to notice perceptions. Notice how what you think you are, appears as perceptions, various one. Emergence happens and your so called “I” arises out of various perceptions. There are multiple levels of this phenomenon, some are densed , other are not, very subtle…but the immediate way you form yourself is not even your body, is your thought! First and for most! 

Breath breathes itself! 

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

4 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

So true Leo. It makes getting to the truth challenging.

I am open to this being the truth.

There very well could be nothing outside my life, but I still feel it isn't completely accurate to say my Matthew mind is imagining my entire universe as was discussed at this event. 

I think I have a fear of adopting a deluded belief Leo. 

Lose all beliefs, and don't adopt new ones.

When truth is "seen", "other" characters are just you pretending (unconsciously) not to be you. 

But don't take it as a belief, only as a sharing that comes from apparent "other" member in the forum.