Matthew85

God state practices

53 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Raptorsin7 Well, the practices involve chanting and very deliberate focus. I can't spend the entire day doing that. 

39 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I think what needs to change is your life needs to replace the practice if you want to live like that more often.

Like what if you had a job that required deliberate focus and yelling/chanting in a similar form.

Have you had any breakthroughs with emotions? I remember on my trips I would feel certain sensations that felt like they were from birth or early childhood, maybe if you can in touch with these kinds of deep emotions you can get some more psychic resolution and your nervous system can be permanently changed. 

13 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

Excellent advice. Part of it has to do with old habitual patterns of thinking that take me out of the state. 

Yeah I get this too, and I'm not sure how to resolve it. 

If you haven't done an extended retreat that could be a good idea. It can be tough to make progress when you are constantly being pulled back into normal functioning. Those thought/emotional patterns can be especially enticing when combined with normal functioning. I think this is why they are there in the first place. We were socialized and taught to be a certain way, and not an enlightened version of ourself. 

16 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

If you haven't done an extended retreat that could be a good idea. It can be tough to make progress when you are constantly being pulled back into normal functioning. Those thought/emotional patterns can be especially enticing when combined with normal functioning. I think this is why they are there in the first place. We were socialized and taught to be a certain way, and not an enlightened version of ourself. 

@Raptorsin7 I have but it's been a long time. So true. Dr Joe Dispenza talks about the importance of completely removing yourself from your current environment and routine for a week. When he began doing week long retreats they really began to see a lot more people making big shifts. Our current environment and routines are so closely linked to our state. It's a lot more challenging to wire in new states when you are in your old environment. It's kinda like when people go home to visit family and they find themselves back in old states of being. The people and environment triggers the old state. 

Excellent advice! I appreciate it!

@Matthew85 No problem, thank you.

One more thing, if you can find videos/music/etc that really moves and inspires you can use it to super charge your practices.

This really hit me when I started watching this Napoleon series on youtube. The intro of this video gives me a rush of energy.

It doesn't last long, but I get this rush of epic energy that comes over me when I listen to it. Finding things like this that can act as triggers for deeper emotions and perceptions, and they can energize us. So maybe if you find some awesome videos you like, you can use those to gain momentum on new practices or sustain your expanded states longer.

Edited by Raptorsin7

Sometimes I use this practice that I found in the site of Jan Esmann

LOVE, Everybody knows love to some degree. Love for one’s wife and children for example. Or love for one’s teacher. Or love of religious icons and art. Feel this love as often and as strongly as possible during the day, then let go of the object of the love and just feel the love in and as itself. Stay with it for as long as possible. Enhance it with your breath (this technique cannot be explained, but you will figure it out with a little experimentation). Merge your conscious awareness with this love and you will feel the love naturally flows towards the Divine, to God.

1 hour ago, Raptorsin7 said:

One more thing, if you can find videos/music/etc that really moves and inspires you can use it to super charge your practices.

@Raptorsin7 Good suggestion. I have some playlists to elevate my mood. I will have to see if I can find some that give me that empowered God state feeling. 

57 minutes ago, Forza-Spirito said:

Sometimes I use this practice that I found in the site of Jan Esmann

LOVE, Everybody knows love to some degree. Love for one’s wife and children for example. Or love for one’s teacher. Or love of religious icons and art. Feel this love as often and as strongly as possible during the day, then let go of the object of the love and just feel the love in and as itself. Stay with it for as long as possible. Enhance it with your breath (this technique cannot be explained, but you will figure it out with a little experimentation). Merge your conscious awareness with this love and you will feel the love naturally flows towards the Divine, to God.

@Forza-Spirito Thank you for sharing this! 

I work with appreciation and cultivating love often. I will have to try letting go, adding the breath and merging that you do. 

54 minutes ago, SourceCodo said:

Hey, what does that feel like? God State?

@SourceCodo Well the God state has a range. At the most expanded levels you wouldn't be able to function as a human anymore. But there are less expanded God states where you still can. For me it feels very empowering. All my fears and worries fall away and I feel tremendous love and appreciation for everything. I feel like anything is possible. Sometimes I will see exquisite beauty in something I have observed for years, it's like I am finally seeing it for the first time. Insights can come as well, like seeing the synchronization of life unfolding. Music is enhanced too. Once a familiar song I was listening to brought me to tears. I was so overcome with the beauty and emotion of it. There is a range of different feelings and experiences depending on the individual and where on the God state spectrum you are. 

My deepest awakenings are from sleep deprivation + self inquiry + transmissions/invocations.

The most significant component being sleep deprivation.

3 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

My deepest awakenings are from sleep deprivation + self inquiry + transmissions/invocations.

The most significant component being sleep deprivation.

@GreenWoods Very interesting. Thank you. 

Transmissions were a big part of my journey several years back. Not sure sleep deprivation is an option for me. I need to feel good and be mentally sharp. 

On 6/8/2022 at 1:22 PM, Galyna said:

To be honest, it is still a mind, ofc we understand that there is no human being that controls mind’s expressions. 

This was an interesting thing to mention. You said "Minds expressions" can you elaborate on that? I have my own interpretation of what that means but im curious to hear yours?

Focus on the solution, not the problem

14 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

I focus on the fact that right now, at this very moment , this is infinity seeming finite. that all this reality that seems obvious and solid is tenuous, and that everything I think I am attached to is absolutely nothing, a dream about to fade that could dissapear in this exactly moment. It doesn't matter whether i do something or not, whether i think or not, just feel the moment

@Breakingthewall Thank you! 

9 hours ago, Kamo said:

This was an interesting thing to mention. You said "Minds expressions" can you elaborate on that? I have my own interpretation of what that means but im curious to hear yours?

We have a lot of regulative systems in our body, including immune, endocrine systems, CNS (central nervous system). Mind is encapsuling this synergy, including your psyche. Your psyche creates the game which we call “I”, appearance of the independent “doer”. The mind’s nature is to engage and explain, from moment to moment. This is how it expresses itself. When you have a dominant motive, let’s say a desire for something/someone, mind captures it and starts developing a story around it, however, subconsciously you can not recognize/see it. A lot of people can’t. Because they are in the sleeping state. I hope a lot of people here can.

When mind catches any idea from the subconscious, it starts to explain/engage itself, very densely. But “you” can de-program these processes. That is what we are doing here with practices. You will still have basic needs to take care, and mind will still create thoughts and reactions, however, by integrating this: seeing the mind’s expression, you can smartly use its functional feature, instead of emotional one.

But let’s remember that this mind is a product of consciousness.

I was trying to explain it more from the scientific than spiritual point of view, so do not judge me too hard.

You can still sense, perceive and feel and be in a relaxing state. Do not engage with your mind, do not allow it to create another story. Just observe and smile at it.

Thank you.

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

See when illusory view was active, after the fact, and close that gap until there's no gap; delay; separation.

Whatever is being experienced, immediately recognize: "This is thought. You're indulging in it. You're holding onto it. And you can let it go." But really to actually let it go is concurrent with the realization that this is already completely let go.

To manifest an almost psychedelic state, you could get creative; maybe imagine your mind saying that whole phrase (primarily feeling its implication) for every frame of reality (one full phrase-insight with regard to every frame or object), or individual discernible object of experience, that arises and passes. Frames per second varies (and is fabricated anyway) but could be, just for instance, 40 per second.

8 hours ago, The0Self said:

See when illusory view was active, after the fact, and close that gap until there's no gap; delay; separation.

@The0Self Thanks!. This was helpful.

Whatever is being experienced, immediately recognize: "This is thought. You're indulging in it. You're holding onto it. And you can let it go." But really to actually let it go is concurrent with the realization that this is already completely let go.

The part of this I have trouble with is there are levels of mind that are creating my experience of reality I have no awareness of as Matthew. How do I let go of something I have no conscious awareness of?

To manifest an almost psychedelic state, you could get creative; maybe imagine your mind saying that whole phrase (primarily feeling its implication) for every frame of reality (one full phrase-insight with regard to every frame or object), or individual discernible object of experience, that arises and passes. Frames per second varies (and is fabricated anyway) but could be, just for instance, 40 per second.

Not sure what you are suggesting here. Can you clarify?

On 6/8/2022 at 7:16 PM, Matthew85 said:

@VioletFlame This is excellent advice!

I'm sure it does. That is wonderful. I agree, music is a very powerful tool to help shift our state. It's pretty magical. Music is very effective for raising my vibration. It doesn't really give me the empowered feelings of the God state though, but perhaps I haven't found the right music yet. 

@Matthew85 Thank you! I hope it was helpful in some way. ?❤️

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

I was able to reach a profound God state today by combining chanting with a flotation tank. This was the first time I experimented with this. I chanted for about 90 minutes and spent another 30 minutes or so just contemplating and receiving insights. At a certain point my chanting became out of synch with the movements of my mouth and I realized that the chanting was just something I was imagining. I never actually talk or chant, it's all happening in my mind. I received a few other insights as well. So, if any of you have access to a flotation tank, you may want to experiment and see what happens for you. 

I find Yoga with intense breathing exercises to be much more powerful for reaching an infinite, God-consciousness state than meditation, which is better for reaching No-mind, void and the ever present spacious stillness. They’re really 2 sides of the same coin, but by combining them all you see these different aspects, leading to a more full and wholistic understanding. Yoga is also quite grounding in certain forms (vinyasa especially) which is necessary when going really deep; greatly enhances a more integrated, embodied spiritual way of being. 
Totally underrated on the forum I think. You gotta get the body involved! 

@Ry4n Thank you for sharing your experience.

What style of yoga has been most effective for you in reaching the God state?