alyra

Mediocre Life

11 posts in this topic

is it ok to just want to be mediocre? I feel so incompetent. maybe I'm just impatient for change. but a big life with success and meaning seems so intimidating. do I even want it? I want to lay in a bed cuddling with friends and not caring about anything else. maybe watching some shitty show, not because it's good but because it distracts from the concerns of the busy-obsessed world. I suppose mindfulness would allow me to enjoy that without need for further distraction beyond the social nature of the interaction. but I just don't care for, nor feel capable, of a lot of consistent work. I just wanna get by till it's time for the dark embrace of death. and this isn't depression this is just, the beauty of life. tho maybe my idea that I'm not capable might be depression who knows. I just, I go out there for months trying to make changes and yet here I am with no real changes made. I feel satisfied more often, and don't need music to escape anxiety anymore. but I just keep putting off the "important" things. and all these "great things" that can be done with self actualization... they sound nice and if I got them it'd be nice. but why are they so great? it is great just being. I don't feel driven for anything beyond, just being. I'm satisfied with existence no matter what happens, and the world's obsession with change and improvement and success and problem solving--- that is fun sure, but I really don't care to obsess about it as if I'm not worth it if I don't achieve great things. what a nightmare that is! feeling depressed because you've done nothing in life. I feel happy when I do nothing in life!

36 minutes ago, aryberry said:

is it ok to just want to be mediocre? I feel so incompetent. maybe I'm just impatient for change. but a big life with success and meaning seems so intimidating. do I even want it? I want to lay in a bed cuddling with friends and not caring about anything else. maybe watching some shitty show, not because it's good but because it distracts from the concerns of the busy-obsessed world. I suppose mindfulness would allow me to enjoy that without need for further distraction beyond the social nature of the interaction. but I just don't care for, nor feel capable, of a lot of consistent work. I just wanna get by till it's time for the dark embrace of death. and this isn't depression this is just, the beauty of life. tho maybe my idea that I'm not capable might be depression who knows. I just, I go out there for months trying to make changes and yet here I am with no real changes made. I feel satisfied more often, and don't need music to escape anxiety anymore. but I just keep putting off the "important" things. and all these "great things" that can be done with self actualization... they sound nice and if I got them it'd be nice. but why are they so great? it is great just being. I don't feel driven for anything beyond, just being. I'm satisfied with existence no matter what happens, and the world's obsession with change and improvement and success and problem solving--- that is fun sure, but I really don't care to obsess about it as if I'm not worth it if I don't achieve great things. what a nightmare that is! feeling depressed because you've done nothing in life. I feel happy when I do nothing in life!

There is no such thing as a mediocre life since everything is neutral and has the exact same value and meaning. Success is relative based on the culture you live in or the rules, expectations and should statements you made as a child. 

The truth is you just exist and so does everyone else and you have the ultimate freedom to do what you want with your time.

Do what you want but remember every action does have a reaction as long as you are living in this "physical" planet we call earth as a separate body. 

If you want to live simply you can create that type of Lifestyle over time with the right planning and commitment towards it. Some people live off the grid (self sustainable living) or go to a third world country where life is simpler or go become monks or nuns.

Many other ways of course and the beauty of life is there are multiple ways to go at it and live so you should just do with what works for you.

Listen to your intuition and don't let anybody try dictate what you should be doing with your time.

I wish you the best :)

Edited by Live Life Liam

@aryberry Did you know that Buddhist monks and hippies are the happiest people on earth according to an extensive research with brain scans? They also found that the more ambition one has, the more their happiness levels drop. Achievement, success, doing don't equal peace and happiness. The secret is indeed in Being, acceptance and contentment with the present moment as is. More you accept and live it, more space you create in your own life to actually want to focus on your the inner, creativity, growth, utilizing your talents, etc. Those don't have to be huge. Just being that presence in someone else's life who is struggling/ suffering, can be enough of contribution. Always live your peace.

@aryberry yes, it's ok. i feel good when there's nothing to do, but i don't care about what people think/say about me.

i am completely mediocre. my life is slow. i have a simply life. my body is healthy and my mind is steady. i just need a job to buy food and pay for a place to live.

unborn Truth

@aryberry I think the subject at hand is knowing one's self. Which leads to knowing one's Self. There's a deep discovery of self honesty that I think you are going through. Like "what do I want, really?" And "How much do I want to work for things or opportunities for purchasing or traveling or whatever?" "How much time do I want to spend working for something vs just living and chilling?". 

My two cents is keep going deeper but make a conscious change to approach everything with ease and positive emotion. Use meditation as a reset anytime you feel less than awesome. There is no rush. You have forever. You are perfect where you are. It is perfect to question anything. Everything will always work out. You are as worthy watching a rerun of Friends as you are in solving world hunger. YOU are worthy,  not your actions. You are expanding the experience of the universe no matter what you are doing. If you sit and stare at the wall, you are adding an exceptional experience to the universe. You are the only you that has ever existed. No one has ever experienced being you staring at a wall before.  It is all appreciated. You ARE worthy of everything. 

Perhaps, you have categorized and assigned emotions to things. Like "work" is not fun for example. Like doing your favorite leisure activity is more enjoyable than running an errand. Maybe you want to consider a different line of work. Maybe you want to find the bliss that lies in doing any type of work. But what is for sure, is that this is your reality. This whole thing is you. When you say it is all ok, then it is all ok. Allowance. Creation. Acceptance. Let go of resistance. Allow. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Everyone has something they love to do. Turing that into "work" and actually get paid for that will not seem like work anymore. You could call this whatever you want. People call this by different names - entrepreneurship, living with mindfulness, living with abundance, "work" is the biggest prayer in life, etc.

How do you turn something you love to do into living this with passion and abundance? There are books written about it. If you want my recommendation, here it is:

Guide to Investing by Robert Kiyosaki.

(I also recommend taking Kiyosaki's B-I triangle and starting at stage orange of Spiral Dynamics, go up in consciousness to stage turquoise. Pair those two diagrams together and see what happens. :))

Edited by Key Elements

3 hours ago, aryberry said:

I just, I go out there for months trying to make changes and yet here I am with no real changes made. I feel satisfied more often, and don't need music to escape anxiety anymore.

I just want to say that these are really good achievements in my eyes. I don't know if you need ambition or not (I seem to just have some), but what you already did is really good direction.