Barna

I miss the time when spirituality was synonymous with open-mindedness

73 posts in this topic

Consciousness appears like waves on the unknowable sea of the Absolute.

2 hours ago, Mannyb said:

What else could be besides consciousness? I agree the best we can say while being open minded is I don’t know or simply to remain silent.

From the perspective of consciousness, there's no besides / outside of consciousness. Because everything we're conscious of is inside consciousness.

Exactly, the only thing I wanted to trigger is the sense of I don't know.

2 hours ago, cetus said:

Consciousness appears like waves on the unknowable sea of the Absolute.

Does a wave have a beginning and an end?

I don't know.

6 hours ago, Fernanda said:

It takes an open mind to see a "block" as an act of love.

You need the block only if your love is not unconditional. 

I love Reality unconditionally, even if I am temporal in it.

3 hours ago, Aleister Crowleyy said:

You simply want Leo's recognition. Please find a more constructive way to obtain admiration from the administration.

Every ego wants admiration, mine is not an exception. But this wasn't my main motivation.

Although, you sensed it correctly, I do have an ulterior motive: I want a revolution against spiritual beliefs because I think this is the only way to face the fears that they try to cover. 

1 hour ago, Rokazulu said:

Standing atop a hundred foot pole.
Not moving; it falters.
Make a single move,
And it locks.

---

This is what is known as "forever".

Sorry, I don't understand it. Can you explain it? Or it's not cool to ask for an explanation of a poem? :D

Don't get me wrong, I know that the consciousness that I am is invulnerable to any experience. Content cannot touch the context.

But I cannot see any proof in the now for consciousness being eternal. 

32 minutes ago, Barna said:

Don't get me wrong, I know that the consciousness that I am is invulnerable to any experience. Content cannot touch the context.

But I cannot see any proof in the now for consciousness being eternal. 

Isn't the now eternal?

59 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Isn't the now eternal?

I meant eternal in a temporal sense (if that makes any sense). 

I don't remember always existing, so I can't be sure that I'll always exist. 

The now is ever-present, but from my perspective, it started when this body was born (I don't remember the now "existing" before that), so it might end when this body dies.

19 minutes ago, Barna said:

I meant eternal in a temporal sense (if that makes any sense). 

I don't remember always existing, so I can't be sure that I'll always exist. 

The now is ever-present, but from my perspective, it started when this body was born (I don't remember the now "existing" before that), so it might end when this body dies.

Yeah, memory is "attached" to the body in the form of thought so memory can't be it.

Can you find any separation between the now and consciousness? To me it seems like they are the same thing.

At the same time there is a connection to the body in day to day life but in certain states the body disappears and there is only consciousness present.

26 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Yeah, memory is "attached" to the body in the form of thought so memory can't be it.

Can you find any separation between the now and consciousness? To me it seems like they are the same thing.

Yeah, I agree with this. The now and consciousness is the same thing because I can't find any difference between the two. 

28 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

At the same time there is a connection to the body in day to day life but in certain states the body disappears and there is only consciousness present.

I don't see it that way. The body (the brain) never really disappears, it's never dead. Sometimes consciousness is not conscious of the body, but that doesn't mean that the body completely disappears. The body disappears only from consciousness, not from the persistent level of physicality. You can easily prove it by filming yourself while sleeping. While sleeping, the body disappears from consciousness, but the camera footage proves that the body was there the whole time on the physical level. 

If you could show me a case where someone showed consciousness while having a dead body, that would be proof that consciousness continues after physical death. 

Yep, the biggest problem for the "sense of self" is death!

The last thing it wants to hear is that death is coming for it.

It's no wonder religion and or spirituality are so appealing.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi