Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CuriousityIsKey

Ways to raise baseline Consiousness?

22 posts in this topic

Hello beutiful people

I think it would be beneficial if everybody could share what they know about how to raise ones baseline Consiousness.

• Meditation. 
  • Concentration (Concentrate on a single object for a fucking hours).
  • Self inquiry as taught by Raman Maharshi.
  • Watching Leo's videos .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Try to notice that everything is equally beautiful frequently. Don't have to succeed, just try.  

???????

I think transmissions, self inquiry and psychedelics are one of the most effective techniques to raise baseline.

Here explained in more detail.

I'm really curious as to what anyone thinks raising baseline consciousness would result in. I don't understand what it means.

4 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

I'm really curious as to what anyone thinks raising baseline consciousness would result in. I don't understand what it means.

Looking through the lense of my model, raising baseline includes:

•  Illumination dimension: higher consciousness which means recognizing and becoming conscious of facets of awakening 
  • void dimension: consciousness becomes more formless and spacious 

17 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Raising your baseline level of awareness raises your baseline intuition and can allow you to access any innate spiritual abilities you have a tendency towards. It will also deeper your connection to source. 

You can even reach a state of samadhi. 

https://chopra.com/articles/the-3-levels-of-samadhi

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

10 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

Looking through the lense of my model, raising baseline includes:

•  Illumination dimension: higher consciousness which means recognizing and becoming conscious of facets of awakening 
  • void dimension: consciousness becomes more formless and spacious 

I just saw your thread after my question.

One thing I would recommend then is going to very busy yet quiet places. Train stations are especially good, as there are lots of people walking around or waiting, and background noises etc, but not so much noise it overwhelms your ability to reflect.

When waiting at train platforms I have enjoyed some of my most profound sober moments. You can understand that all there is to the people around you is the sight of their body, the hearing of their voice. You can close your eyes (not on the platform LOL, but like sitting on a bench there) and notice that all of the people are now merely sounds, and then imagine losing hearing. You can imagine the I-ness within each of the characters.

I don't know how long that sticks for, but whenever I have to take a train journey I do this.

14 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

I just saw your thread after my question.

One thing I would recommend then is going to very busy yet quiet places. Train stations are especially good, as there are lots of people walking around or waiting, and background noises etc, but not so much noise it overwhelms your ability to reflect.

When waiting at train platforms I have enjoyed some of my most profound sober moments. You can understand that all there is to the people around you is the sight of their body, the hearing of their voice. You can close your eyes (not on the platform LOL, but like sitting on a bench there) and notice that all of the people are now merely sounds, and then imagine losing hearing. You can imagine the I-ness within each of the characters.

I don't know how long that sticks for, but whenever I have to take a train journey I do this.

Yeah such exercises can work to increase the illumination dimension. 

Work on Maslow's heirarchy. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Yeah, release all self identification: i.e. buddhism orthodoxy

Transcend as much as possible your personal and biological constraints, i.e. a monk

Train your mind to let go of self identification: i.e. Jhana states of meditation

My deadly combo:

1. Education, followed by direct personal inspection.
  2. Observation, followed by taking mental and/or physical notes.

Of course, curiosity, open-mindedness, focus, selflessness, etc. are paramount, but they are not techniques for raising consciousness, rather more like ground rules, a soil, or an environment that make raising consciousness possible to begin with.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

22 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

My deadly combo:

1. Education, followed by direct personal inspection.
  2. Observation, followed by taking mental and/or physical notes.

Of course, curiosity, open-mindedness, focus, selflessness, etc. are paramount, but they are not techniques for raising consciousness, rather more like ground rules, a soil, or an environment that make raising consciousness possible to begin with.

I agree....but I'd argue that selflessness raises your vibration....which allows you to see and experience reality at a higher vibration. This does raise your baseline awareness level.

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

6 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

I agree....but I'd argue that selflessness raises your vibration....which allows you to see and experience reality at a higher vibration. This does raise your baseline awareness level.

Selfishness raises my vibration too, though in a different (unique) way. I don't experience a quantitative difference in consciousness levels in either cases, but yes there is a qualitative difference that I wouldn't describe as higher nor as lower, really just different/unique.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

On 6/7/2022 at 1:57 AM, CuriousityIsKey said:

Hello beutiful people

I think it would be beneficial if everybody could share what they know about how to raise ones baseline Consiousness.

I personally find Tantra yoga and Body-scanning type meditations the most useful at "spiritualizing" my experience by basically slowly deconstructing the sensation of solidity in my body. 

I don't think this will be that effective unless it's integrated in a broader "ecology of practices" though but it's just something that I'm having a lot of success and fun with right now and I feel like more "embodied" practices are a bit underrepresented in this community so I guess it's worth highlighting.

Generally the more you diversify your practices the more whole and balanced your life will be + as a beginner you don't even know what you enjoy and what works for you so the best thing you can do is try as much different approaches as possible :)

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

14 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Selfishness raises my vibration too, though in a different (unique) way. I don't experience a quantitative difference in consciousness levels in either cases, but yes there is a qualitative difference that I wouldn't describe as higher nor as lower, really just different/unique.

Well yes it definitely can when you are giving yourself the same love you give to others. I'm sorry you don't experience a higher quality of consciousness. I can only speak for myself but when I raise my vibration and remain open....let's just say things get interesting.

Take the events that drag you down into animal behavior the most and eliminate them from your life, or reform them to be more mindful/conscious. That'll eliminate the lowest points of your day. The densest and most unsubtle where you are aware of very little. Work on integrating the pieces of your emotions/psyche that are hurting, or in pain. Spend time in the emotions that hurt the most, so you are not pushing them away and welcome those parts of you back to yourself.

To stretch the higher states:

Find teachers that are in higher conscious states and listen to them. This might be enough on its own. Visit them if you can. These are the ones I am currently watching: Acharya Prashant, Mooji, Mantak Chia, Innerstanding (Sevan), Leo, Teal Swan. If you are more mathematically orientated, Daniel Winter was a nice man. If you want a very loving shaman, Almine. Understand they are not perfect interpretations of your reality bubble, none of them, be aware of their flaws in the wider context of your life, but listen now and again because they all have wisdom to share.

Have a want to see more than one side of something, and understand everything is you (so there are no sides). Realise that you perceive, interpret and assign meaning to everything in life. Once you've got that understand that you are always reacting to the meaning you've assigned to that thing. So you are reacting to yourself, always. Find out what will neutralise something not just add to it, develop that as a skill.

Love. Value existence. Love all you can whenever you can. Show gratitude, Joy. Learn to put your hands together and generate gratitude, joy, and love. Tell people you love and are grateful for them. This raises you out of the base states of consciousness by itself. Because you are loving yourself and experiencing the benefits of that love/joy or gratitude.

Work with the body's energy. It's universal, anyone can do it. For me that's kundalini yoga and Taoist energy practices. This will raise your awareness of yourself.

Detox. Remove all the dense metals and toxins interfering with your body/mind. Do this often, and understand that each organ passes on the waste to the next one in the body. There are some detox's that take this into account, or just do it yourself, taking a week for each organ with herbs and supplements for it.

This sounds more dramatic than it is. Remove death from your life. Ask yourself if what you are doing is life or if its death. You can do this with almost anything, even mundane things like your daily routine or working. Are you feeling like it's draining you or others around you of life, or enriching and giving it?

Eat more raw foods that are whole and uncut. You are energy if you want more awareness you need more energy. Its spent all its life growing into that perfect form for a reason. The second you cut, or cook it, you miss the energy release, and it starts to bleed out or diminish. The longer something is cooked the less it is. You could also go for supplements like etherium black, etherium gold, or alpha brain. I don't recommend relying on these, but using them for short periods to achieve something like dream recall worked wonders for me. 

Dream recall, practice listening to your subconscious. There is the waking state and the dream one, they are sometimes in chaos trying to communicate with each other sometimes. Try to bridge any gap that exists before things have to hit you head on in the real world to see them. People have a gut feeling, and instinct, sometimes a nagging thought about act. This is the same thing.

Don't take dreams at face value, look for meanings and patterns. Do this in everyday life start to look for subtle rather than the obvious. Start to realise how things interconnect or relate. Realise that its all being shown to you for a reason and there are clues in every experience as to larger patterns and messages you are sending yourself subconsciously.

Remove all electrical appliances from your bedroom and where you meditate. Keep the space as clear energetically as you can, burn some white sage now and again, or use a tibetan bell. We are all frequency, and we influence ourselves by influencing that frequency, sound healing is incredibly powerful to stabilize our body's fields, get rid of music that has no harmony to it, try solfeggio music, or music retruned at 528hz. 

Clear your spaces, and organize your rooms. Make the out like you want the in to be. Everything is based on the body so what you are outside comes from what you are inside. This is why we and everything around us lives in cycles of the same thing over and over, because we don't fundamentally change who we are. I used to think this was only mind or emotion but no it's body too, because body/mind/emotion are all the same thing.

Love and Gratitude to you all. 
Hope it helps!

Edited by BlueOak

What has been most effective for me is a combination of Pranayama, Kriya Yoga, Meditation focused on the prana body, intermittend fasting, not eating meat and very important of course psychedelics.

Edited by Christoph Werner

Shadow work is great. It's the least pleasant aspect of spirituality but you can eliminate all your traumas and beliefs that prevent you from feeling good and seeing the world the way is is.