Kamo

Looking for recipes based on the Healthy Food Video.

15 posts in this topic

Going off Leos "How to shop for Healthy Food" video, What kinds of meals are you guys making? Im trying to make a list of recipes, with such limited options its certainly challenging to just come up with stuff. Online helps a little but it isn't based off that video, so I wanted to ask here in the forum to see "whats cookin in ya'lls kitchen" lol. Thanks in advance!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All kinds of fresh meat + all kinds of fruits & veggies + healthy oils = endless meal options.

Pick one from each category and mix and match. Find which ones taste best to you.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

All kinds of fresh meat + all kinds of fruits & veggies + healthy oils = endless meal options.

Pick one from each category and mix and match. Find which ones taste best to you.

I would be careful with the fruits. The sugar in it causes an insulin spike in your body.


"Wanting keeps me from the awareness I already have it. I already am it.” — Byron Katie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

I would be careful with the fruits. The sugar in it causes an insulin spike in your body.

Which is not a bad thing per se. 

The rule of thumb is to limit insulin spikes to 3-4 per day. Snacking is a big factor in unnecessary insulin spikes. Because even a half banana will spike your insulin like a big meal would. Also look "what" spikes the insulin. If it's long chained carbohydrates, mixed with a lot of fibre, that's ideal. Beans, nuts, vegetables and high protein plants will give you the best insulin behavior and gut micro biome.

So much more to say... 

One easy rule for me is to simulate how our ancestors would eat:

High fibre, long fasting periods between meals, no sugar, no processed junk food. Drinking Non-caloric liquids. 

That works super well for me. 

 

Edited by Vynce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was asking the same thing too, but no one answered me no matter how many threads I created.

I recently bought a cook book, A Taste of Wellbeing, by Sadghuru, and I think I was scammed. The ingredients are so obscure with these Indian vegetables, none of my grocery stores sell these ingredients.

 


أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

*This account is no longer active as the user has decided to leave the forum*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

The sugar in it causes an insulin spike in your body.

why is that a problem? 

As long as your pancreas is working, you can handle insulin spikes. The problem is when either pancreas starts melt functioning (type 1) or if cells stop responding (type 2 diabetes) .

 Fruits are actually inversely associated with diabetes and diabetes is a condition of chronic blood sugar management problems. The more fruit diabetics eat, the better they get, the better their A1C, the better their HOMA-IR, the better their fasting glucose over long term as well as all sorts of other markers of insulin resistance like triglycerides. So the fear of fruit disrupting blood sugar metabolism is not based on any human outcome data...it is justa  fearmongering propagated by low carb and carnivore communities who don't understand the human biology , dont know how to interpret study findings and make stuff up on the go based on speculations and in-vitro studies while completely ignoring the largest human studies in existence that show the opposite. 

Fruit is your friend, don't be afraid of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, How to be wise said:

I would be careful with the fruits. The sugar in it causes an insulin spike in your body.

Lets stop demonizing food groups...its nonsense! 

Take 3 fruits: Watermelon, Blueberries & apples
-> One will spike your blood sugar (watermelon)
-> The other will stabilize (apples)
-> Blueberries can even lower the glycaemic impact of other foods

In general:
 

Quote

Fruit is your friend, don't be afraid of it. 

especially if you dont suffer from insulin-intolerance..


MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"If your non-dual teaching has no place for duality than you really just have a dualistic teaching.”
- A.H Almaas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura Ok for sure, Thanks, yeah that makes sense to me, throw me some combo ideas, personal favorites or unique combos you recommend I may not think to try. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, How to be wise said:

I would be careful with the fruits. The sugar in it causes an insulin spike in your body.

@How to be wise I workout almost daily so my body deals with sugars quite well, as I burn it all off rather fast.( HIIT training, Cardio, and Weight Vest along side resistance training.) But thank you for the reminder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vynce said:

Which is not a bad thing per se. 

The rule of thumb is to limit insulin spikes to 3-4 per day. Snacking is a big factor in unnecessary insulin spikes. Because even a half banana will spike your insulin like a big meal would. Also look "what" spikes the insulin. If it's long chained carbohydrates, mixed with a lot of fibre, that's ideal. Beans, nuts, vegetables and high protein plants will give you the best insulin behavior and gut micro biome.

So much more to say... 

One easy rule for me is to simulate how our ancestors would eat:

High fibre, long fasting periods between meals, no sugar, no processed junk food. Drinking Non-caloric liquids. 

That works super well for me. 

 

@Vynce Good advice for general health and info about insulin. appreciate your input, What kind of recipes would you recommend for a few different meal options?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I was asking the same thing too, but no one answered me no matter how many threads I created.

I recently bought a cook book, A Taste of Wellbeing, by Sadghuru, and I think I was scammed. The ingredients are so obscure with these Indian vegetables, none of my grocery stores sell these ingredients.

 

@Husseinisdoingfine Awee thats beat dude..ok what im thinking is you could find similar ingredients of like the same family of plants that are used? Or look for an Indian store? By me there are Nepali stores that have stuff like that. (Pennsylvania) But yeah so far my thread has also successfully managed to avoid the actual question, which is recipes, meal ideas, combos. lol. Ill give it a few more days lol. In fact Ill just take charge of this one, and Ill come back and post my combination plans. I was trying to not answer my own question since I already have ideas, i was looking here in order to add to my own mental "cookbook" but I see other people like yourself are wondering the same question so ill see what I can come up with. So far i just make "Buddha bowls. Very combo friendly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, undeather said:

Lets stop demonizing food groups...its nonsense! 

Take 3 fruits: Watermelon, Blueberries & apples
-> One will spike your blood sugar (watermelon)
-> The other will stabilize (apples)
-> Blueberries can even lower the glycaemic impact of other foods

In general:
 

especially if you dont suffer from insulin-intolerance..

I juice all my fruits. I have like 2 thick ass juicing books with multiple combos of various fruits you send through your juicer. If you don't own a juicer I HIGHLY recommend it! 2 Oranges, 2 Green apple, and half a lemon will energize your fuckin soul! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2022 at 11:59 AM, Leo Gura said:

All kinds of fresh meat + all kinds of fruits & veggies + healthy oils = endless meal options.

What about carbs like rice or potatos? I understand why you are against wheat due to health reasons but is there anything wrong with rice or potatos? Yes, they might be mostly sugar empty calories but why is it a bad thing to consume them? If i eat 1500 calories a day with meat and veggies and oil versus 2200 calories a day with meat veggies and oil PLUS some empty sugar calories, what is wrong with the second option? I need to eat like 2500 calories a day just to maintain my weight (i have fast metabolism) so i cannot just eat meat and veggies, it is a nightmare. So any particular reasons why rice or potateos would be bad? Same question for lentils and beans (so anything not wheat).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

so basically just olive oil? ?

Clarified butter (Ghee) is also super healthy and has a distinct flavor, which I absolutely like. Plus, you don't need to refrigerate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now