Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MsNobody

Burning Man 2022 - Waking Dreams

5 posts in this topic

Anyone going to Burning Man this year?

I dream of an actualized.org Camp xD

This is going to be my first year, I'm camping with a Brazilian camp called AmaZone, so so sooo excited!! 

What your experience has been so far? any stories and tips are greatly appreciated.

Currently thinking how my distribution of psychedelics will be throughout the week :ph34r: but also beyond curious to see all the artwork. 

I initially wanted to skydive there but I don't have the required 150 jumps so maybe next year 

burning-man_0_4.jpg

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

One of my dreams is to go to Burning Man. I hope you will enjoy it.

Would be so fun, but sadly I can't go this year. Maybe next year! And I think an actualized camp would be epic :D.

Hope you have a fun time!

@Tudo its my dream too!! I had mentally given up already, but then I posted on the facebook group offering help to the community and was received with lost of love, then in the end I could even choose which camp I would join. 

Your time will come! :D

@Asayake I know right?? Leo never mentioned the in person events anymore, I met one of my best friends here in the forum, it would be so awesome an actualized camp!! 

I will report back. Thank you!!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

I've been 14 years since 2003 which was my first. It was truly life changing. Like literally changed my life. It's not a festival, it's something unexplainable.

My advice:

Don't stay in your camp. Go out and explore as much as possible. BM is overwhelming. The environment is harsh. You'll want to stay where it's comfortable. Resist that urge. You will run into the most magical things out there, but you have to venture out to collide with them at that exact point in time and space. Try to go out every night till dawn if you can.

Always bring a backpack with you at all times, even if you think you will just be gone for a moment, trust me you will get lost for hours. In the pack: Shaded goggles for day, clear goggles for night, sunblock, protein bars, snacks, full water bottle, cup, hydration tabs, mask for dust storms, gifts for others, headlamp with red light (doesn't blind others and yourself at night), toilet paper (the portapotties run out at night), and whatever you need to keep you going such as caffeine, adderall, coke or whatever. 

During the day, people can succumb to heat exhaustion in less than an hour. The hospital tents are always full of people from severe dehydration and heat exhaustion. Take care of yourself, and keep hydrated.

Drugs will effect you differently there, as the environment is so different, so take it slow. 

Have a good bike. Electric is preferable. You'll have alot of ground to cover every day. Always use your bike lock. people will most definitely take your bike.

Take care of your feet. It's 9 sq miles, and you'll be doing alot of walking. Every night before going to sleep, give yourself (or have some else do it) a foot bath in diluted vinegar. Then rub your feet in your favorite moisturizing cream /shea butter. Then put some socks on. You'll feet will be right as rain in the morning, and ready for the day.

Go full out, with your heart fully open. This is a chance of a lifetime. Love as fully as you can, and you'll get back that love in ways you can't even imagine till you're there experiencing it. 

Have a wonderful time!

Edited by Sempiternity