Someone here

How you are God-a simple logical explanation

78 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You have no experience of time when you are sleeping.  Whether you slept for 10 hours or 5 hours makes no difference from your POV while sleeping. Both happen like a blink of an eye.

Not true. It's just experienced differently, in a more subconscious way, like everything in sleep.

16 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Instead of “No Self” we should use No fixed Self. To cut this short (and speak about no-self) is a mistake.

And if you want a deeper understanding of this, then the original concept was not about the “self’.

It is rather about rejecting having a fixed soul (as taught in Hinduism)

Buddhism is based on the Principle of Impermanence. Nothing is fixed forever.

Because the “soul” is something you cannot change to another soul .. then it becomes like a permanent mental prison

Hence, Buddhism teaches the No Fixed Soul.

Now if you observe your perception of your won “Self” - when you were 10 years of age, you’ll agree that it is much different than when your life expanded and perceived your “self” when being 20 or other age. The Self is dynamic.

So No fixed Self is true. But that doesn't mean there is no self at all .that's definitely false and contradicts your direct experience. 

So, if you grasped that the self is a perception that can change, how could it be who you are? 

5 minutes ago, vladorion said:

Not true. It's just experienced differently, in a more subconscious way, like everything in sleep.

What you experience as "passed time" when you wake up from sleep are the changes in your sensations prior to falling asleep. 

15 minutes ago, Batman said:

So, if you grasped that the self is a perception that can change, how could it be who you are?

Because what else am I?  I mean I'm here .here is my body ,my face ,my arms, my legs ,my balls etc ..apparently I do have some kind of existence. Otherwise this entire conversation couldn't happen .

I like to distinguish  between the false ego self and the true Self. The ego self  is a construction of mind. Even the tree you see is a construction of mind so it is not so far fetched that this elaborate mind construction of a self is nothing more than delusion. It is however very necessary and useful . Without a sense of self you wouldn't know who's shoes to put on in the morning, as Alan Watts puts it lol.

24 minutes ago, vladorion said:

Well..you then need to observe it more carefully next time you fall asleep .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Thinking about the subject of the  one... reality is limitless. why? because it is impossible for there to be limits, this is obvious. what would limit? if there are no limits, there is infinity. if you divide infinity into two parts, the result is infinity. two infinities. but since they are infinite, without limits, they encompass everything, so they are not two, it is one, the same infinity. but it has been divided, so in a way, they are also two. if you divide it by 10 to the power of 10 plus a thousand trillion zeroes, the result is still infinity. only infinity divided by infinity results in an unknown. maybe infinities infinities? it's possible. The reality is that mathematics is the language of reality. a thousand quadrillion infinities are the same infinity, you, or me, but at the same time, they are a thousand quadrillion. the multiple is one, and the one is multiple. At the end, there is one, since infinity is equal to infinity. you and me are the same. we are clones. we are one.

Edited by Breakingthewall

27 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Because what else am I?  I mean I'm here .here is my body ,my face ,my arms, my legs ,my balls etc ..apparently I do have some kind of existence. Otherwise this entire conversation couldn't happen .

I like to distinguish  between the false ego self and the true Self. The ego self  is a construction of mind. Even the tree you see is a construction of mind so it is not so far fetched that this elaborate mind construction of a self is nothing more than delusion. It is however very necessary and useful . Without a sense of self you wouldn't know who's shoes to put on in the morning, as Alan Watts puts it lol.

Perceiving body or body parts does not assume the existence of an owner of this perceptions. 

You'd be surprised to the extent which the self is not needed.

6 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Thinking about the subject of the  one... reality is limitless. why? because it is impossible for there to be limits, this is obvious. what would limit? if there are no limits, there is infinity. if you divide infinity into two parts, the result is infinity. two infinities. but since they are infinite, without limits, they encompass everything, so they are not two, it is one, the same infinity. but it has been divided, so in a way, they are also two. if you divide it by 10 to the power of 10 plus a thousand trillion zeroes, the result is still infinity. only infinity divided by infinity results in an unknown. maybe infinities infinities? it's possible. The reality is that mathematics is the language of reality. a thousand quadrillion infinities are the same infinity, you, or me, but at the same time, they are a thousand quadrillion. the multiple is one, and the one is multiple. At the end, there is one, since infinity is equal to infinity. you and me are the same. we are clones. we are one.

Why clones? Infinity would do just fine, you could stop there. 

54 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I agree. And furthermore..when you consider the alternative to existence, which is nothingness. Although we can abstractly conceive of nothingness, it is impossible to have a nothing, it is impossible to create a nothing, and there is no such thing as pure emptiness or nothingness. Nothing does not exist, and it cannot exist, because if it existed then it would not be a nothing anymore it would be a something. In other words, reality exists because the alternative, nothingness, is impossible.

The notion that reality was somehow created out of nothing is an inherently human idea. The fact that reality exists indicates that it has always existed and it must always exist in one form or another, stretching or collapsing infinitely through time in all directions. If something exists, that something must have always existed, because it is impossible to turn a something into a nothing; where would you put your something when you created your nothing?

-Osho

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

. Even if I'm going to reincarnate as every living organism that ever existed or will ever exist.. It's stil basically gonna be viewed from the same first person pov.

Not necessarily. 

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

. That subject looking through everyone's eyes out into the world forever. 

If there can be one subject, one consciousness, then why can't there be multiple subjects, multiple consciousnesses?

Your experience could be my consciousness in the past or future. Or it could be a completely different consciousness. That means, I have never experienced you and never will. Maybe I did experience a life that was identical to yours, down to every atom. But it wasn't necessarily exactly you.

But maybe it was, and my past is literally your present.

I think it can't be known either way, at least not in our current form.

How would that be possible?

Maybe Oneness includes manyness. And Non-duality includes duality. Why would Absolute Infinity be limited to strict Oneness and Non-duality?

What would limit it?

I think there are no limits whatsoever. 

24 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

If there can be one subject, one consciousness, then why can't there be multiple subjects, multiple consciousnesses?

You overlook the Unity of Consciousness. And it is not 1 and not 2 Consciousnesses. Consciousness is the source of ones and twos and transcends these relative notions.

5 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

You overlook the Unity of Consciousness. And it is not 1 and not 2 Consciousnesses. Consciousness is the source of ones and twos and transcends these relative notions.

Well I think Absolute Infinity is unlimited enough to include both scenarios of unity of consciousness as well as seperation and multitude of consciousness. 

1 hour ago, GreenWoods said:

Not necessarily. 

Your experience could be my consciousness in the past or future. Or it could be a completely different consciousness. That means, I have never experienced you and never will. Maybe I did experience a life that was identical to yours, down to every atom. But it wasn't necessarily exactly you.

Maybe Oneness includes manyness. And Non-duality includes duality. Why would Absolute Infinity be limited to strict Oneness and Non-duality?

What would limit it?

Manyness can only appear through limitation. There can never be two nothings. There can be many limited forms though. When a form loses limit it becomes nothing. Which is everything.

@Someone here You’re just question begging. You can come up with millions of explanations of everything that makes sense, but it doesn’t mean one or the other is right. Leo telling you guys you’re rare for stuff millions of people have practice has created a horrible dunning Krueger effect, you just say whatever nonsense you think up and assume you’re always right from misconstruing philosophy. 

8 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

Well I think Absolute Infinity is unlimited enough to include both scenarios of unity of consciousness as well as seperation and multitude of consciousness. 

No. Absolutely speaking Unity is the Truth. However, seperation is possible as an illusion.

15 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

What would limit it?

All of that is imaginary. Notice this.

anything you are NOT directly experiencing right now is something you are imagining. 

There is only the what's in front of you right this very moment and nothing else

-Osho

On 2022-06-06 at 6:02 PM, GreenWoods said:

The main assumption this explanation is based on is that there isn't anything outside you.

But you can't be sure of that.

You actually can be sure of that if you really wanna be logical. Just ask yourself the question if you have ever experienced anything outside of you? Everything you've ever experienced or interacted with has been "through" you and consciousness. You are it. The separation happens through learning "this is you and that is not you".

It's just like a video game, the character seems separate from all the other characters but is actually just made up of pixels like the other characters, i.e they're the same.

This is pretty basic stuff on an intellectual level, which is also pointless af. unless it's used for motivation of actually pursuing the realization itself.  

4 minutes ago, QandC said:

Yes, the world is just a mash of pixel-juice! :D

Unlike Mario we have only 1 life.

Some of them choose to be solipsists.?

Mario didn't he is all about saving princess not mentaly masturbating who am I and what Reality is?

Love juice.

2 hours ago, Zeroguy said:

Mario didn't he is all about saving princess not mentaly masturbating who am I and what Reality is?

Love juice.

@Zeroguy what happened to you?

3 hours ago, Zeroguy said:

Love juice.

One life each time but how many lives in the total?

Mario knows well he’s in a video game ever noticed the way he looks at you directly from the screen when he dies? He’s just like you he gets another turn every time he dies over and over again

are you aware you’re dreaming?

I’m the one who dreams. 

Everyone knows the truth very well . 

The only question is do you have the balls to handle it? 

Most people don't. 

-Osho