Matthew85

Levels of imagination

51 posts in this topic

I find the topic of levels of imagination very interesting. It obvious on psychedelics we can access very deep levels of imagination, but still the experiences primarily seem to stay contained within our own mind. They don't affect other people or consensus reality. Why is that? Are we not accessing a deep enough layer of imagination? Is consensus reality a much deeper level than we access with psychedelics? Also, I would very interested to know if any of you have ever experienced a permanent change in something in your reality that you observed during a trip. For example during your trip you saw something morph or change and when the trip was over it was now changed. If this happens, it seems to be very rare. I wonder why this is?

Edited by Matthew85

@Matthew85 On my best trips I can feel knots of tensions that feel like mechanical knots in my head, and when I become conscious of the knots so deeply they dissolve. 

Then I get complete shifts in how I feel and how I perceive the world. Like a total system upgrade.

I still feel those knots sober but I cant reqlly penetrate them unless I'm high and about to go to bed.

@Matthew85 No, right now all I feel is the surface tension but if I really surrender I can feel it start to dissolve. But without psychidelics I can't really go deal enligh to access heightened states of being.

One my best trip ever the next day I felt a strong urge to cry and release, but that didn't last. 

My trips are also very inconsistent. I'd say out of 50 trips only 5 or 6 have led to knot releases and dramatic shifts 

@Raptorsin7 I see. I wonder if anyone has ever experienced a permanent change in their reality? Like the walls being a different color or the shape of windows changing. Something like that. All the trip reports I have read and watched, it only seems to affect the user, not consensus reality. And even then only to a certain extent. For example during your trip you may imagine you could put your hand through a wall, or that the painting on your wall dissolved and disappeared, but if you had a camera recording your trip and you tried to put your hand through the wall it wouldn't go through and you would see the painting still hanging there. I wonder how deep we have to go to affect this level of imagination? 

Edited by Matthew85

Once I saw a box made out of cartoon turn into a house with clouds and it was really vivid, I think the best answer to your question is that you imagined all of this at a higher consciousness and now you play the game with that imagination which you can’t change in your current state or even with psychedelics, but you know it’s all imagination. 

I’m the one who dreams. 

@Maka I feel we can access it though. I have even in my normal state of consciousness using imagination. There is always a delay of time though before it shows up in my reality. We should potentially be able to access that level, change something and instantly see it reflected in our reality. Psychedelics may be very helpful with this. I'm not sure, you would have to experiment. 

3 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Maka I feel we can access it though. I have even in my normal state of consciousness using imagination. There is always a delay of time though before it shows up in my reality. We should potentially be able to access that level, change something and instantly see it reflected in our reality. Psychedelics may be very helpful with this. I'm not sure, you would have to experiment. 

We would be doing it all the time and keep changing the game constantly, you designed it all beforehand to enjoy it as a human, why go back as a human to that state of consciousness and then find it was perfect from beginning and your perception as a human just fooled you?

I’m the one who dreams. 

@Maka I hear your point. But I also think part of the game is figuring out ways to transcend the limitations of the game.

4 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Maka I hear your point. But I also think part of the game is figuring out ways to transcend the limitations of the game.

Limitations of the game or the self while here? 

I’m the one who dreams. 

1 minute ago, Matthew85 said:

@Maka Limitations of the self are part of the game. 

Like do you want to change the game while here to suit your self? That’s what I meant

I’m the one who dreams. 

@Maka It's not so much about changing the game as transcending the self imposed limitations we have created. 

2 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

For example during your trip you saw something morph or change and when the trip was over it was now changed

Yes. My entire life. Changed and morphed in ways that my whole life is not the same again. Never mind a particular object. Particular objects are never seen the same again. Even though they visually look the same. 
As very similar as my life is, it’s so very different at the same time

And just for the record. In a deep awakening experience you can change the whole narrative of your life. Completely. But you find you don’t. Because the realisation of its perfection doesn’t call for any change. 
And, ya know if ya actually did, you wouldn’t even realise you had. Because the new narrative would become the old narrative therefore you never ever realising you made any alterations once your back in ordinary sober state. Deep awakenings are so profound only going through them would enable what I’m saying to make any sense at all

58 minutes ago, Dazgwny said:

Yes. My entire life. Changed and morphed in ways that my whole life is not the same again. Never mind a particular object. Particular objects are never seen the same again. Even though they visually look the same. 
As very similar as my life is, it’s so very different at the same time

@Dazgwny Of course. I'm referring to changing something physical though. This is what I am interested in exploring and experimenting with. 

Edited by Matthew85

10 minutes ago, Dazgwny said:

And just for the record. In a deep awakening experience you can change the whole narrative of your life. Completely. But you find you don’t. Because the realisation of its perfection doesn’t call for any change. 
And, ya know if ya actually did, you wouldn’t even realise you had. Because the new narrative would become the old narrative therefore you never ever realising you made any alterations once your back in ordinary sober state. Deep awakenings are so profound only going through them would enable what I’m saying to make any sense at all

@Dazgwny I somewhat disagree. I have achieved very expanded states of consciousness all the way to becoming God or all that is. I feel for me part of this game is discovering how to transcend the self imposed limitations I have created for myself. 

It's obvious what this is.

Matthew85 is a character in this. How is Matthew85 going to become or alter the whole universe?

The character of Matthew85 will only ever be a character in it. "It" is him. But he can't become it. Only dissolve back into it......... And then Matthew85 ceases to exist completely, such that he appears dead or unconscious.

@RMQualtrough Matthew is evolving and also co creating with the higher mind. That is what my direct experience has shown me.

I don't feel dissolve back into it is the right description. It's more like expand to become it. 

Edited by Matthew85

@Matthew85 When you reach those states, assuming it is like the void, what will be happening is for ex: your body is taken out of you (word order intentional), sense of ego ceases, unity felt. Things like that.

The experienced "expansion" is largely because of the first portion if I know what you refer to. When sober, your mind plays a trick by using sensory clues to anchor your awareness into an apparent location. Example, you feel you are living inside your skin because you can feel the edges of your body.

When your body is removed from you, the mind does not find anywhere it can anchor the sense of awareness to (this sense always being a trick), and so it becomes entirely sizeless. Experienced directly as a sense of expansion, as it expands from beyond feeling to end at the edge of your body when your body is no longer felt.

The becoming of it, unity, that is where many elements of the character ARE dissolved (which is experienced as the mentioned expansion), and so Matthew gets closer to ceasing to have any limit whatsoever (AKA being "pure consciousness" AKA nothing AKA infinity). If all limit of Matthew is removed, Matthew ceases to exist.