mmKay

Let's Play : Recontextualization - THE GAME

8 posts in this topic

Few years have passed since this one but it's still one of my favorite ones. 

Re-watch the episode and hit us with your recontextualization arsenal. Ideally quote a phrase from  another member and recontextualize it as much as you want. 

If your recontextualization makes people giggle on the inside, you get bonus points. 

Be extra aware of the mental imagine you first create when you read the phrase, and then once again extra aware of how this image morhphs as you recontextualize it with a few words. 

This works specially good on a phone as you can slowly scroll down without spoiling all the phrases at once. 

Make sure to add spaces. 

Let's go :

A full hospital. 

A full hospital in YOUR town. 

A hospital full of Zombies in YOUR town. 

A hospital full of Blind Zombies in YOUR town. 

A hospital full of Olympic Zombies in YOUR town. 

A hospital full of zombies in YOUR town in 1941.

Your turn ?

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

10 hours ago, mmKay said:

A hospital full of drunk zombies wearing party hats in my town in 1941

On 6/3/2022 at 10:34 PM, something_else said:

A hospital full of drunk zombies wearing party hats in my town in 1941

A hospital full of drunk zombies wearing party hats and enthusiastically doing karaoke to “Livin’ on a Prayer” in my town in 1941.

"It's all in your head"

@mmKay

On 6/3/2022 at 10:35 AM, mmKay said:

Few years have passed since this one but it's still one of my favorite ones. 

Re-watch the episode and hit us with your recontextualization arsenal. Ideally quote a phrase from  another member and recontextualize it as much as you want. 

If your recontextualization makes people giggle on the inside, you get bonus points. 

Be extra aware of the mental imagine you first create when you read the phrase, and then once again extra aware of how this image morhphs as you recontextualize it with a few words. 

This works specially good on a phone as you can slowly scroll down without spoiling all the phrases at once. 

Make sure to add spaces. 

Let's go :

A full hospital. 

A full hospital in YOUR town. 

A hospital full of Zombies in YOUR town. 

A hospital full of Blind Zombies in YOUR town. 

A hospital full of Olympic Zombies in YOUR town. 

Your turn ?

Once upon a time, I took a stroll down town.

Like an owl, my gaze set on some things foul.

A crowd of corpses, corporeal and loud.

pouring out like wasps, out the hospital.

Auspiciously, my phone slips out of my hand, clang-clang.

Blind as bats, built as ox's, I sprinted-

Away like Ima spirited away-that the colours in my eyes and skin all

Drained Away, fleeing from these monstrous mobs.

Lobbing grenades at them made of lemonade.

The astringent balls melted their carcasses

As a mad hatter, I resumed my stroll.

Into the hospital I go down, spiraling-

Like the mad spiral wizard that I AM. TIME.

You can now play this game with chatgpt if you want to. Give it a prompt like this: 

I want to play a recontextualization game, where I give you a start, and I want you to recontextualize that by giving it more context and by that a totally different meaning (but you can only give one more context to it at a time). For example: 1) A man is sitting 2) A man is sitting on a horse 3) A man is sitting on a horse in the picture. Here is the start: "a man is walking".

This is how it went down for me

1)"A man is walking" -> 

2)"A man is walking on a tightrope."->

3)"A man is walking on a tightrope to rescue a cat stuck in a tree."-> 

4)"A man is walking on a tightrope to rescue a cat stuck in a tree while a group of circus performers cheer him on."-> 

5)"A man is walking on a tightrope to rescue a cat stuck in a tree while a group of circus performers cheer him on, but little do they know, the cat is actually a skilled tightrope walker in disguise."->

6)  "A man is walking on a tightrope to rescue a cat stuck in a tree while a group of circus performers cheer him on, but little do they know, the cat is actually a skilled tightrope walker in disguise and they are all part of a secret feline circus society."

A hospice full of spicy women with icy hearts all in a corpse party, very anime.

Darkness falls whilst I be playing darts, I saw what caused the zombie apocalypse, hat's off.

Offline dat time lapse of fine wives tales of haunted closets sets the tone of the seesaw laying up and down gyrating high and low...I've lost my marbles.

Then, all of a sudden, in this big hen these chicken heads line up in this long train to wreck me, Armageddon judgement day. Today I pay the price for being such a nice guy, buying into the corpse party.

Now I must part ways with the shelves, be dusted off to be tuned right on, and be the music every corpse desires, when on I light the zombie fires!

At the end of the day...I am a big Lich lord....overseer of the dear lookin zombies in this corpse party...   

At the end of the day...I am a big Lich lord....overseer of the dear lookin zombies in this corpse party...