Leo Gura

Putin Terminal

52 posts in this topic

@BlueOak

1 hour ago, BlueOak said:

One way for Russia to exit from the war or hostile stance, and end-all of this, is for Putin to step down from ill-health.

Poison, Illness, true or not I really don't care. People could negotiate much easier with a Russian that wasn't Putin.

It is one way that we all go back to some kind of normality after this. 

Let's hope whoever replaces Putin is open to negotiations.

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@BlueOak

Let's hope whoever replaces Putin is open to negotiations.

Yes i've no illusions they will be anyone pleasant to deal with, but just a different name and face will mean it's possible for people to more easily begin to cease hostilities and mend the rifts. I get the feeling countries like Germany are really holding out hope for this possibility. 

As long as its nobody with dreams of a new USSR or Russian Empire that will be enough to mean we won't have a repeat of this again.

Kyle Kulinski citing the Daily Mail. This could only get more credible if the Daily Mail was ultimately referring to me.

I think there should be a law somewhere that says a sudden diagnosis of terminal illness should make a president unfit for office. We gotta update how government works along with modern, context-aware scientific frameworks like the biopsychosocial model.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I think there should be a law somewhere that says a sudden diagnosis of terminal illness should make a president unfit for office. We gotta update how government works along with modern, context-aware scientific frameworks like the biopsychosocial model.

People above the age of 70 should not be able to run for office. They must retire completely.

Their cognitive functioning is in ruins. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

People above the age of 70 should not be able to run for office. They must retire completely.

An unexpected terminal illness diagnosis is much more emotionally destabilizing than the stable progression towards old age.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

13 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

What's the point of a senator then, as someone who has attained wisdom through a lot of experience through life as an office-holder, able to better recognize, recognize and act on patterns that he has already lived through and seen before, and not being caught off guard inexperienced as someone early in the game, and also as someone who also acts as a transfer and conduit of attained wisdom through experience to the next generation of public servants. 

"The idea of a senate as a legislative assembly goes back to the founding of Rome, around 750 B.C.E., with the word taken from the Latin senatus, meaning "highest council." That word, then, is thought to come from senex, meaning "old man," in this case probably meant as a form of respect for wisdom."

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

than the stable progression towards old age.

Yeah I think as well Putin is only 69 years old currently - not adding the severity of his possible added health problems and final diagnosis on their symptom. 

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

2 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Nice:D

I think that was his true reason for invading Ukraine this year - he reached the age of "niceness", and wanted to celebrate in an epic way, with lots of fireworks

69 years old

It is the ying and yang number symbol. The eternal way of peace, harmony and balance of the Tao, The Way ?

Edited by Fleetinglife

22 hours ago, Fleetinglife said:

What's the point of a senator then, as someone who has attained wisdom through a lot of experience through life as an office-holder, able to better recognize, recognize and act on patterns that he has already lived through and seen before, and not being caught off guard inexperienced as someone early in the game, and also as someone who also acts as a transfer and conduit of attained wisdom through experience to the next generation of public servants. 

The experience can also drag them down. Young people are much more aware of the state of the country more accurately than boomers whose mental models are stuck up in some old days. They fail to update their models in an era of rapid progress. Young people tend to be more progressive than their older ones. That should be enough. 

22 hours ago, Fleetinglife said:

The idea of a senate as a legislative assembly goes back to the founding of Rome, around 750 B.C.E., with the word taken from the Latin senatus, meaning "highest council." That word, then, is thought to come from senex, meaning "old man," in this case probably meant as a form of respect for wisdom."

Important nuance missed.

The wise old man is a thing of the past when changes was not so rapid. The world worked exactly the same way when they were 20 years old and at 80 years old.

This is simply not the case today.

How the world worked when you were 20 years of age is radically different to how it's going to work when you are 40 or 60 years of age. Boomers are too slow to keep up with it. 

Note that majority of the republicans are still deluded by the good old days of America. More younger educated people would solve this largely. 

21 hours ago, Fleetinglife said:

Yeah I think as well Putin is only 69 years old currently

Nice astute observation. xD

@Bobby_2021

2 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

The experience can also drag them down. Young people are much more aware of the state of the country more accurately than boomers whose mental models are stuck up in some old days. They fail to update their models in an era of rapid progress. Young people tend to be more progressive than their older ones. That should be enough. 

Important nuance missed.

The wise old man is a thing of the past when changes was not so rapid. The world worked exactly the same way when they were 20 years old and at 80 years old.

How the world worked when you were 20 years of age is radically different to how it's going to work when you are 40 or 60 years of age. Boomers are too slow to keep up with it. 

Note that majority of the republicans are still deluded by the good old days of America. More younger educated people would solve this largely. 

No, the wise old man is still a thing. All it takes is to look correctly.

3 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Important nuance missed.

This is why as I age I will always keep an open mind, even if something makes me wince I will address it in a "is this what makes someone happy?  then so be it".  I've found that the cooler boomers and old people are relatively young in the head and very accepting of drastically different values than what they had when they were 20.

That's why I tell everyone:  be very wary of making fun of old people about being stuck with certain beliefs because we will all hopefully get there in one piece and then we'll be the 'boomers' :D

23 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Bobby_2021

No, the wise old man is still a thing. All it takes is to look correctly.

How many will look at it correctly?

Are they going to take the pain of rewiring and undoing everything they have leaned? Seems unlikely

The neurons in the brain will largely solidify by the time you are past your 20s. The boomers who have an accurate picture of reality are low. Boomers lived in one of the most prosperous times in history. They won't relate to the struggles of millennials or gen z.

Bernie Sanders is the only exception at the moment. You will realise how important it is to get more younger people into politics once he is gone.

Anyway I am jerking my brain off since this is honestly never going to happen.

These old boomers hold all the power and wealth and they are simply not willing to let go. >:( 

@Danioover9000

Just to elaborate on how boomers destroy the country, which young people (millennial/gen z) wouldn't:

Boomers hold most of the wealth & power. They will always be conservative in their approach since preserving the status quo is benefiting them immensely. They were born in a time when anyone can get a job and buy land, home etc.

- Money Printing and inflation is good for boomers since they are the asset owners.

-College is over priced and graduates can't find jobs burdened with student loans stuck at McDonald's.

-Social security is taking money from working millennials and paying for old boomers just to extend a few more years of their life.

Complete ponzi scheme at the expense of young people for the old. 

- Rent prices are rising, the land owners being the old boomers.

Younger people will never be able to buy a house, unless they happened to land the lottery in form of high paying jobs which usually favour the privileged.

- Divorce rates are rising, second most important reason being finances. Loneliness and mental health crisis are on the rise. 

-Climate related catastrophes are on the rise. Mostly caused due to the industrialisation during the boomers era, and they enjoyed all the benifits of it, but price being paid the newer generation. 

All these things are meant to put a hurdle on young people. And the people in charge act like things are not so bad. 

The entire system is rigged against young people by the old people.

Which is why I made the case to give young people a chance.

2 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

@Danioover9000

Just to elaborate on how boomers destroy the country, which young people (millennial/gen z) wouldn't:

Boomers hold most of the wealth & power. They will always be conservative in their approach since preserving the status quo is benefiting them immensely. They were born in a time when anyone can get a job and buy land, home etc.

- Money Printing and inflation is good for boomers since they are the asset owners.

-College is over priced and graduates can't find jobs burdened with student loans stuck at McDonald's.

-Social security is taking money from working millennials and paying for old boomers just to extend a few more years of their life.

Complete ponzi scheme at the expense of young people for the old. 

- Rent prices are rising, the land owners being the old boomers.

Younger people will never be able to buy a house, unless they happened to land the lottery in form of high paying jobs which usually favour the privileged.

- Divorce rates are rising, second most important reason being finances. Loneliness and mental health crisis are on the rise. 

-Climate related catastrophes are on the rise. Mostly caused due to the industrialisation during the boomers era, and they enjoyed all the benifits of it, but price being paid the newer generation. 

All these things are meant to put a hurdle on young people. And the people in charge act like things are not so bad. 

The entire system is rigged against young people by the old people.

Which is why I made the case to give young people a chance.

Completely true, you forgot about the water supply and the fact that most of these pipes need to be dug up and replaced. Then there is the lack of our current education system training the youth with the right skills to even be able to work in the new technological job market as we become even more reliant on technology as a way of life.

But the funny thing...from the birds eye view.....everything is fine.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Bobby_2021   You completely misunderstood what I meant, I'm not talking about boomers as wise old men. I'm talking about sages as wise old men.

This also often happens with fraudulent business man, mafia bosses or business people selling bad things to people. Like the guy from KFC had cancer I guess.

The masses hate this great guy and he recognizes it and thus it affects his mental state and system.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

On 2022-06-03 at 7:51 PM, Blackhawk said:

I'll write in this thread after 6 months, then I can prove that this was just a false rumor. I love being right.

6 months have passed now.

Seems like I was right. Feels good.

One of those rare tabloid stories that turned out true. And a broken clock is right twice a day.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.