WokeBloke

Are you tricking me?

22 posts in this topic

I can't tell if other people are pretending to be real or not and I have no idea where to begin to fix the problem. My mind is in shambles. Seems my life is just going waste imagining that I'm imagining you.

You cant tell whether people are real or not, and it wouldn't really benefit or change anything for you even if you could. So the only rational action is to carry on living as if they were real. 

You'll find out the truth and become enlightened when you die. What's another 50 years of living the illusion first in the context of all of eternity? Or you'll just die and there will be nothing, in which case it will have been a waste to have spent thousands of hours stressing and engaging in spiritual mental masturbation.

Unless your belief is that you need to escape some Wheel of Samsara to avoid reincarnating again, there's nothing to do. Just go have fun.

Even if everyone is imaginary but you, you're still stuck here in the illusion until you die. Might as well enjoy it. That's why God did all this, right? Why such a rush to get back.

If someone locked a VR headset to your head for a year, would you just sit and cry in the corner about how it's all fake, or just make the best of a bad situation and have some fun?

Edited by Yarco

Just leave rationally stop wasting your time on that 

if you wanna survive 

others are real

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

To pretend takes effort. If someone making a effort, they can be recognized as real in their effort to pursue something. To solve a problem, you need to begin where you're at.

Maybe start with asking yourself, what you want to get out of asking yourself all these questions to begin with?

We exist. Nobody is tricking you. I'm watching Kitchen Nightmares rn in bed with a Dr Pepper Zero.

1 hour ago, WokeBloke said:

I can't tell if other people are pretending to be real or not and I have no idea where to begin to fix the problem. My mind is in shambles. Seems my life is just going waste imagining that I'm imagining you.

Look inwards. You can't ask potentially fake people about whether they are real or fake. The only answer you can find is in you, not in us.

10 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

We exist. Nobody is tricking you. I'm watching Kitchen Nightmares rn in bed with a Dr Pepper Zero.

That doesn’t make you real, wait am I real? Me and you both could be unreal

I’m the one who dreams. 

Also what happened with your youtube channel? Your content was good mate. 

I’m the one who dreams. 

5 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

Maybe it's because you see others as real but believe that they are an illusion?

This isn't spirituality this is fantasy land.

6 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

I can't tell if other people are pretending to be real or not

You are pretending you are real ;) 

All others are yourself.

Other people aren’t pretending, you are!

Why are you pretending?

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

5 hours ago, Maka said:

That doesn’t make you real, wait am I real? Me and you both could be unreal

I think you're real... I don't have a Dr. Pepper Zero anymore, but I think that the me that did have one was real. I don't think it's all just false memory of a life.

I think I did drink a Dr. Pepper, and am about to drink a Cherry Coca-Cola Zero (these diet drinks are good for cutting weight).

All of this form is finite. I can't expect then to be infinite...

Tbh with you, the sense of unity I did have on high dose DMT combos, was different than subjective solipsism. It was more like, say you took two people, and washed away everything about them, they would at that stage be literally one and the same. As the shared unlimited thing is not the appearances on top. My ego and person is a finite thing. If we both had a HEAVY breakthrough trip, for a moment, we would be merged and literally one. But in that state we also cease to be and it's a blackout... So I suppose a touch before blackout is the most useful......

7 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

I think you're real... I don't have a Dr. Pepper Zero anymore, but I think that the me that did have one was real. I don't think it's all just false memory of a life.

I think I did drink a Dr. Pepper, and am about to drink a Cherry Coca-Cola Zero (these diet drinks are good for cutting weight).

All of this form is finite. I can't expect then to be infinite...

Tbh with you, the sense of unity I did have on high dose DMT combos, was different than subjective solipsism. It was more like, say you took two people, and washed away everything about them, they would at that stage be literally one and the same. As the shared unlimited thing is not the appearances on top. My ego and person is a finite thing. If we both had a HEAVY breakthrough trip, for a moment, we would be merged and literally one. But in that state we also cease to be and it's a blackout... So I suppose a touch before blackout is the most useful......

Drink water homie these drinks you drink now are the only thing unreal

I’m the one who dreams. 

People are real. You can feel their warmth, the tough of their skin, the smell of their body. 

What is not real is your thought that they are not real. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

This is a great example of why saying "everything is imaginary" is such a shitty teaching.  All that encourages is for you to get stuck in your thoughts.  Thoughts about imagining, imagining that things are imaginary, etc.  Do you experience things as imaginary?  No?  Then great, stop thinking that shit.  Leo would do well to stop thinking it himself.  Your experience is what counts, and until the nature of reality becomes apparent to you, don't go around creating this pseudo-spirituality religion out of it.

What you're really doing here is creating a self-concept out of these thoughts, and solidifying that self concept, effectively deepening your separation from reality/experience.  This obviously is going to increase suffering.  Suffering was used as the primary metric by the Buddha for a damn good reason: it is directly linked to sense of self, clinging/craving, and separation (and hence, realization = no suffering).  These all go to zero simultaneously.  Start working on that and use your suffering as a guide.

1 hour ago, Flyboy said:

This is a great example of why saying "everything is imaginary" is such a shitty teaching.  All that encourages is for you to get stuck in your thoughts.  Thoughts about imagining, imagining that things are imaginary, etc.  Do you experience things as imaginary?  No?  Then great, stop thinking that shit.  Leo would do well to stop thinking it himself.  Your experience is what counts, and until the nature of reality becomes apparent to you, don't go around creating this pseudo-spirituality religion out of it.

What you're really doing here is creating a self-concept out of these thoughts, and solidifying that self concept, effectively deepening your separation from reality/experience.  This obviously is going to increase suffering.  Suffering was used as the primary metric by the Buddha for a damn good reason: it is directly linked to sense of self, clinging/craving, and separation (and hence, realization = no suffering).  These all go to zero simultaneously.  Start working on that and use your suffering as a guide.

No. 

I’m the one who dreams. 

Hahaha he thinks he is real. Everyone is not real, even you. Haven't you figured that out yet. 

But seriously, If you want your life not to be in shambles you need to realize that it does not matter if people are unreal or real. Important to believe everything is real right now if that really matters to you and will help ground your reality in something. 

Edited by Jordan

On 6/2/2022 at 2:20 PM, Maka said:

No. 

Such eloquence.  How can I argue...

On 6/2/2022 at 7:31 PM, r0ckyreed said:

You are pretending you are real ;) 

All others are yourself.

Other people aren’t pretending, you are!

Why are you pretending?

So are you saying that when I talk with my friend, actually I’m the friend acting like I’m talking to someone who’s looking at me?

That when I’m watching an actualized.org video, actually I’m Leo acting like I’m talking to someone who’s watching a video of me?

That when I’m reading your post, actually I’m you acting like I’m writing to somebody who’s reading my post?

And that non-existing entity who I’m acting like I’m communicating with is the ego?

"The magic you're looking for is in the work you're avoiding"