How to be wise

High Quality Success Advice from the 45th President

11 posts in this topic

Whether you hate him or love him, you have to watch this video if you want to be successful.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Nice.. I mostly try to follow kim jong un's advice. He is even more successful because he owns his own country and got his own nukes.  

Interesting video.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

1 hour ago, aurum said:

@How to be wise

How are we defining successful?

Becoming a president is successful. Owning the most towers in NY is successful. Becoming a billionaire is successful.

You would not achieve a fraction of Trump’s achievements in 100 lifetimes.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Nice vid. I think its useful to take advice from people who've gone from A to B in some area, and copy what they did if you want to do a similar A to B.

However, its also important to account for survivor bias and disregard advice they give that pertains to areas they don't have expertise in.

I.e. I'd take advice from trump on how to become president, but not about foreign policy

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

18 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Becoming a president is successful. Owning the most towers in NY is successful. Becoming a billionaire is successful.

Is it?

Laying aside questions of whether Trump actually is a billionaire and his inheritance, are those things still what defines being successful?

What if I become president, but I do so by dividing the country, fear-mongering and bringing out the worst in people? Am I still successful?

What if I become a billionaire, but I do so by laying waste to huge essential environmental ecosystems, exploiting my employees and selling products that keep people unhealthy?

What if I own all the towers in NY, but I’m so busy managing all my towers that I don’t have the proper time to mediate, heal, contemplate and nourish my soul?

Point being, I would argue your post implies a vary narrow, reductionistic metric of success. Which in this case is personal wealth accumulation / status.

Those metrics might be factored in to a more holistic view of success, but certainly don’t tell the whole story.

If personal wealth accumulation / status is the only metric of success you care about in this post, then that’s your choice. But I’d much prefer to broaden our definitions.

19 hours ago, How to be wise said:

That sounds like a cheap shot.

19 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Almost everyone can have a fraction of Trump's achievement. Even 1/1000000 is a fraction.

On 02/06/2022 at 5:57 AM, How to be wise said:

Be wise

You aren’t learning much about success from Trump if you aren’t wishing it to other human fellows

I’m the one who dreams. 

@How to be wise not even bad advise, and you can hear that it really comes from experience. Also the " if you can't handle pressure, thats okey, but you got to know it" was interesting, since this isn't really a fascist mindset. 

It kind of gives me hope that he won't be as destructive as other fascists. I mean his biggest problem/ bias is just that he is a complete capitalist, (from his upbringing, to his buisnesses). 

I have been thinking how much damage he could do, if he gains power in 2024, and I was quite unsure (it may even be more dangerous what he will do if he doesn't win the 2024 election). The MAGA movement will probably peak during that time and he could use to create a conflict with China or he could try to create some sort of civil war/ division, where the MAGA and the democrats become completly opposed. Seeing that video I kind of believe he won't do that much, he will just be nice to buisness, make a few irrelevant political stunts like building a wall or some other cultural stuff and be gone. 

Not sure why so many Americans hate Trump. He's pro-America. He protects America against several of the unfair trades made by China, Asia and many countries. He created jobs for America. Most importantly, he is passionate and out to serve. He also wants to end war and manage to pacify the situation in North Korea. Sure he made mistakes but who doesn't?

As compared to Joe Biden who just seems to hide everywhere he goes.

If you are not American, I may understand why you hate him.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/

Edited by hyruga