Brivido

List of mystics who have affirmed "I Am God"

8 posts in this topic

I want to share with you a list of mystics who have affirmed "I Am God".  Most mystics don't say it openly, so you need to be able to read between the lines. Please share quotes from other mystics who have affirmed the ultimate Truth.

1. Jesus: "I solemnly declare it: before Abraham came to be, I AM." "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life."
  2. Meister Eckhart: "The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God’s eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love."
  3. Lahiri Mahasaya: "I am Brahman itself."
  4. Nisargadatta Maharaj: "I am that."
  5. Ramana Maharshi: "I am you." I have read multiple transcripts of his discourse, but I have never found a quote from him, where he explicitly declares I am God, "I am you" it's just a clever way to affirm the say Truth.
  6. Al-Hallaj: "I am the Truth."
  7. Rumi: "Take the famous utterance, "I AM GOD." Some people think this is a great pretension, but "I am God" is in fact a great humility. Those who say, instead, "I am a servant of God" believe that two exist, themselves and God. But those who say, "I am God" have become nothing and have cast themselves to the winds. They say, "I am God" meaning, "I am not, God is all. There is no existence but God. I have lost all separation. I am nothing." In this the humility is greater." I am not sure how accurate this quote is, I found it through a quick search on google for the keywords "Rumi I am God".  
  8. And of course @Leo Gura

These are just a few that I could quickly remember, please add your own quotes, from mystics who have declared "I am God".

The case of Al-Hallaj is slightly unique - Christ also fits this category to a certain extent -  because in declaring himself as God he was deliberately violating the law of his time. Many of the people who venerate him still believe that he deserved his punishment; after all, he had shared an esoteric teaching with the exoteric masses.

The passage you shared of Rumi reminds me of something else that Al-Hallaj said:

“Dear son, some men give evidence in my favour, saying that I am a saint, and others give evidence against me, saying I am godless. Now those who call me godless are dearer to me and dearer to God than those who maintain that I am a saint.” “Why, master?” “Those who call me a saint do so because they think well of me, whereas those who call me godless do so out of zeal for their beliefs. Now, the man who zealously supports his beliefs is dearer to me and dearer to God than the man who shows regard for a creature.” Then he added: “And you, Ibrāhīm, what will you say when you see me hanging on the gallows, put to death and burned? That will be the happiest day of all the days of my life regardless.” Then he said to me: “Do not stay. Leave now, trusting in God.”

It is likely Al-Hallaj was a Malāmatiyya Sufi.

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

I just had a deep realization while reading this, thanks OP.

When i was around 4-7 years old, thoughts used to tell me for some reason. That he is me or she is me. My thoughts also used to tell me that it's not possible to die all the time. For some reason i also remember seeing the world in fuller/more beautifull colors then i do now. I also realized that at around this age i actually had a higher consciousness then i do now. I would imagine things and see them in real life : for example : Huge ufo ship in the sky - I would imagine that and see it like in real life materialize and would call my grandma to look at it and she would go out of home and say you're imagining it. This is the only event i still remember to this day, i was so sure that i was seeing it that i even called my grandma to look at it. Then i would materialize 2 smaller ufo shiping in triangle shape and they would fly by really fast

Makes sense now why i was such a loving kid and loved life so much, i remember in kindergarten around 5 years old. All the kids at that age, if they did something bad/stupid they would instantly forgive eachother or be very helpfull/loving. 

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Very random, but Bernardo Kastrup's wife after taking psychedelics xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

20 hours ago, Brivido said:

I want to share with you a list of mystics who have affirmed "I Am God".  Most mystics don't say it openly, so you need to be able to read between the lines. Please share quotes from other mystics who have affirmed the ultimate Truth.

1. Jesus: "I solemnly declare it: before Abraham came to be, I AM." "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life."
  2. Meister Eckhart: "The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God’s eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love."
  3. Lahiri Mahasaya: "I am Brahman itself."
  4. Nisargadatta Maharaj: "I am that."
  5. Ramana Maharshi: "I am you." I have read multiple transcripts of his discourse, but I have never found a quote from him, where he explicitly declares I am God, "I am you" it's just a clever way to affirm the say Truth.
  6. Al-Hallaj: "I am the Truth."
  7. Rumi: "Take the famous utterance, "I AM GOD." Some people think this is a great pretension, but "I am God" is in fact a great humility. Those who say, instead, "I am a servant of God" believe that two exist, themselves and God. But those who say, "I am God" have become nothing and have cast themselves to the winds. They say, "I am God" meaning, "I am not, God is all. There is no existence but God. I have lost all separation. I am nothing." In this the humility is greater." I am not sure how accurate this quote is, I found it through a quick search on google for the keywords "Rumi I am God".  
  8. And of course @Leo Gura

These are just a few that I could quickly remember, please add your own quotes, from mystics who have declared "I am God".

God doesn't say he is God.  God becomes himself.   God just is God.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I am God. You are me.

Do I qualify? :D

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

3 hours ago, amanen said:

I am God. You are me.

Do I qualify? :D

Not yet ?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.