Rishabh R

Is Mark Manson's content worth reading ?

8 posts in this topic

Sorry from my side as I am talking about other person's work on @Leo Gura 's forum.I just want to ask that are the books like Fearless Dating,Subtle art of not giving a -- ,Models worth reading along with Mark Manson's YouTube channel ? As I found lot of useful content there and some similarities between his and Leo's work. 

3 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

Sorry from my side as I am talking about other person's work on @Leo Gura 's forum.I just want to ask that are the books like Fearless Dating,Subtle art of not giving a -- ,Models worth reading along with Mark Manson's YouTube channel ? As I found lot of useful content there and some similarities between his and Leo's work. 

He's good. I've followed him over the years, he is good at giving you unique perspectives. If you resonate with his content then use it.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

I read Subtle Art and it was fine. Don't recall any big takeaways that have really stuck with me.

I'd probably recommend these books by Sean Webb instead:

Mind Hacking Happiness Volume I: The Quickest Way to Happiness and Controlling Your Mind
+
Mind Hacking Happiness Volume II: Increasing Happiness and Finding Non-Dual Enlightenment

Not mainstream, I just happened to find the guy on Youtube a few years ago. The books only have 100-200 reviews each vs 60,000 for Manson's books, but they tie together a lot of big concepts.

Models is a nice basic dating advice book focused on inner game.

Fearless dating isn’t a book it’s a video course summarizing models in video format.

I read the subtle art book and his writing style is good. He is good at making a fun read. I didn't really get anything life changing from it though. 

If you resonate with him, then give it a shot. A few members on here liked the models book. 

I remember reading the suble art of not giving a F, quit halfway through because it bored the shit out of me and I don't usually get bored reading. He doesn't seem to have any big expertise in any specific field besides writing of course. Personally I like reading about people who spent their entire lives trying to understand 1 thing

Edited by MarkKol