thisintegrated

How easily can you love people?

31 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Asayake said:

I think psychedelics changed my personality type. I was more of a rationalist and was thinking a lot in my teens, very into science etc. But brain structure is changeable to some extent. Psychedelics made me realize I had built my understand of the world on a castle of sand and as time passed I managed to connect more and more to my feelings and become more like I was when I was a child, less of a thinker. Now I experience the world more as a piece of art rather than a problem to be solved. And some of the overflowing joy I had in my childhood has been finding it's way back when I stopped thinking so much about everything, it reconnected me to my feelings and change my personality.

So you overcame anxiety, stopped overrelying on your intellect, and started to enjoy life more?
That's just a shift from unhealthy to healthy, not a shift from one personality type to another.

Thinkers aren't inherently unhealthy.  Thinkers can be the most emotional and spiritual people out there.

Edited by thisintegrated

I tried to love many people but being a guy myself, I realised that some guys in workplace treat me as a rival.

So overall, my energy has not been right with some people. I look fake sometimes. And I am also slightly hunchback and wear a frown. I realise most people don't respect me from the start. I am also quite poor in communication and this is something I must improve on. 

The problem is when someone treat you with disrespect, you cannot respond with love towards the person immediately. It depends on the context and the intensity of the damage. Sometimes you have to retaliate so people will respect you.

Overall, while loving people may be the long-term answer, how you should respond to people still depends on different situations.

16 minutes ago, Asayake said:

I think psychedelics changed my personality type. I was more of a rationalist and was thinking a lot in my teens, very into science etc. But brain structure is changeable to some extent. Psychedelics made me realize I had built my understanding of the world on a castle of sand and as time passed I managed to connect more and more to my feelings and become more like I was when I was a child, less of a thinker. Now I experience the world more as a piece of art rather than a problem to be solved. And some of the overflowing joy I had in my childhood has been finding it's way back when I stopped thinking so much about everything, it reconnected me to my feelings and changed my personality.

I'm not quite sure what my personality type was when I was younger but I think it might have been INTP or INTJ and now it's INFP.

Beautiful post!! I really resonate with a lot of what you post. The key really is for us to regain that child-like wonder that we were born with.....before the conditioning. Uncontrolled thinking is the cause of suffering, and as you say look at life as a piece of art rather than a problem to be solved. So true, to be the Observer. 

I had a kundalini awakening and one of the things I was told was to stop thinking so much and get in touch with the feeling part of me. To connect with the inner feminine inside of me. Your posts really speak to that, to get in touch with the creative artistic aspect inside of us. The part that wants to create and sees wonder in everything.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

49 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

We know that everyone has different capacities for love, and we know there's some reason for this.  Types could account for these differences, or something else.

Yeah, like trauma. I don't know why you pulled the meditation card xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, thisintegrated said:

So you overcame anxiety, stopped overrelying on your intellect, and started to enjoy life more?
That's just a shift from unhealthy to healthy, not a shift from one personality type to another.

Thinkers aren't inherently unhealthy.  Thinkers can be the most emotional and spiritual people out there.

Perhaps not a problem for everybody. But for me thinking was a problem and I relied too much on it as you said, which made me overlook connecting with my feelings, which caused anxiety because I was not letting myself feel but instead always escaping into my thoughts and theories. I have many thinker friends who have obvious stress and health issues, I think it can be a common issue for thinkers although not for everyone of course. Even if I don't use thinking as much these days I still use it, but it's not a problem anymore because I let go of it when I don't need it instead of getting stuck in it. It's easy to become so obsessed with your thoughts that you discard your health because you lose your connection to your feelings and stop listening to what their body is telling you, everything just goes through the rational mind.

I'm not saying this is every thinker but I was this way myself and the biggest personal development progress I've made to date was to stop projecting my negative thoughts onto the world by letting go of them and connecting more to my feelings. The change is so big that I think it could be called a change in personality type, that's why I don't believe personality type is formed and then can't be changed. You could argue that I was always a feeler rather than thinker type and that I had overthinking and anxiety problems and went from unhealthy INFP to healthy INFP, yes I can see a certain validity in that perspective. But you could just as well argue that I went from INTP to INFP, just two different ways of looking at the same change in reality?

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Beautiful post!! I really resonate with a lot of what you post. The key really is for us to regain that child-like wonder that we were born with.....before the conditioning. Uncontrolled thinking is the cause of suffering, and as you say look at life as a piece of art rather than a problem to be solved. So true, to be the Observer. 

I had a kundalini awakening and one of the things I was told was to stop thinking so much and get in touch with the feeling part of me. To connect with the inner feminine inside of me. Your posts really speak to that, to get in touch with the creative artistic aspect inside of us. The part that wants to create and sees wonder in everything.

Likewise. I always enjoy reading your posts and the positivity and perspective you bring to the forum :)!

I am not sure if I have had an experience with kundalini myself or just a very intense prana experience but one time when I got really really high on cannabis from bong smoking and I became aware of an intense energy in my body and was able to feel my entire spine getting uncomfortably warm and I had uncontrollable shaking in my legs and back for a couple of hours and was forced to sit in a cross legged meditation position because lying down made my body shake like crazy. The only thing that made it endurable was to feel into it and let go of thoughts and become the observer and be aware of my breath and the intense energy in my body. A couple of hours later it stopped and I returned to a more normal state of consciousness but the whole following week I was feeling a lot of joy and love, like I had been freed from some emotional baggage.

How did you receive the message to let go of thoughts more and get in touch with the feelings from your kundalini awakening? Is it that the feeling itself was so intense that it "forced" you to direct your attention into your body and then you realize you're free from thought or how did it tell you this lesson? 

Edited by Asayake

I think it would be helpful to first define what you mean by love.

4 minutes ago, Asayake said:

Perhaps not a problem for everybody. But for me thinking was a problem and I relied too much on it as you said, which made me overlook connecting with my feelings, which caused anxiety because I was not letting myself feel but instead always escaping into my thoughts and theories. I have many thinker friends who have obvious stress and health issues, I think it can be a common issue for thinkers although not for everyone of course. Even if I don't use thinking as much these days I still use it, but it's not a problem anymore because I let go of it when I don't need it instead of getting stuck in it. It's easy to become so obsessed with your thoughts that you discard your health because you lose your connection to your feelings and stop listening to what their body is telling them, everything just goes through their rational mind.

I'm not saying this is every thinker but I was this way myself and the biggest personal development progress I've made to date was to stop projecting my negative thoughts onto the world by letting go of them and connecting more to my feelings. The change is so big that I think it could be called a change in personality type, that's why I don't believe personality type is formed and then can't be changed. You could argue that I was always a feeler rather than thinker type and that I had overthinking and anxiety problems and went from unhealthy INFP to healthy INFP, yes I can see a certain validity in that perspective. But you could just as well argue that I went from INTP to INFP, just two different ways of looking at the same change in reality?

If we said you've changed from INTP to INFP, then we'd have to conclude INFPs are superior to INTPs.  Objectively superior and more evolved.  But obviously that's silly.  It makes more sense to think INFPs have different levels of maturity/health.

Edited by thisintegrated

6 minutes ago, Asayake said:

Perhaps not a problem for everybody. But for me thinking was a problem and I relied too much on it as you said, which made me overlook connecting with my feelings, which caused anxiety because I was not letting myself feel but instead always escaping into my thoughts and theories. I have many thinker friends who have obvious stress and health issues, I think it can be a common issue for thinkers although not for everyone of course. Even if I don't use thinking as much these days I still use it, but it's not a problem anymore because I let go of it when I don't need it instead of getting stuck in it. It's easy to become so obsessed with your thoughts that you discard your health because you lose your connection to your feelings and stop listening to what their body is telling you, everything just goes through the rational mind.

Likewise. I always enjoy reading your posts and the positivity and perspective you bring to the forum :)!

I am not sure if I have had an experience with kundalini myself or just a very intense prana experience but one time when I got really really high on cannabis from bong smoking and I became aware of an intense energy in my body and was able to feel my entire spine getting uncomfortably warm and I had uncontrollable shaking in my legs and back for a couple of hours and was forced to sit in a cross legged meditation position because lying down made my body shake like crazy. The only thing that made it endurable was to feel into it and let go of thoughts and become the observer and be aware of my breath and the intense energy in my body. A couple of hours later it stopped and I returned to a more normal state of consciousness but the whole following week I was feeling a lot of joy and love, like I had been freed from some emotional baggage.

How did you receive the message to let go of thoughts more and get in touch with the feelings from your kundalini awakening? Is it that the feeling itself was so intense that it "forced" you to direct your attention into your body and then you realize you're free from thought or how did it tell you this lesson? 

Thank you for your kind response although I would honestly say my posts of late have been one of impatience. Mostly I have seen new users come onto this forum and attack Leo's content... and ask lazy questions without putting in much thought and I have been heavy handed with them....so I still have more work to do.....

But yeah to answer your question....it showed me. During one of the awakenings I was able to have tantra sex with a girl (it blew my mind) because you can do it with your clothes on and have people around and they would have no clue that you two are doing it. Anyway what it showed me was getting in touch with your feelings...is the key to connecting with everything and everyone. Your thoughts cloud your ability to access your spiritual gifts. That is the only reason you meditate, to connect with your true self. This is why we are called human beings, the human is the physical and the being is the spiritual. Learning to stop all thought, and emotions and just BE is the key. People get emotions and feelings mixed up and we interchange the terms but they are not the same.

Your feeling is your dominant state, your emotions is just the fluctuations that happen to you based on your thoughts and the reactions you have. Your feelings as you pointed out can reveal issues with the body, deep seated emotional baggage that is hidden, reveal your interconnectedness, and the other aspects of your personality. What people don't realize is a fixed personality does not exist. We are every personality type that exists, we have just played specific roles so much we think that is us. Anybody that has been an actor or ever tried stand-up long enough has learned this. Or anybody that ever took up dancing, playing an instrument, writing, etc. You do anything long enough your hidden talents will start to emerge and you will realize you literally have every creative talent imaginable, its just how you express it is unique. 

So yeah the feeling was also teaching me to honor my emotions and the emotions of others....which is something I struggle with since I have been conditioned to be tough and suck it up I have issues seeing too much emotional complaining. I understand from an intellectual level that I should honor everyone's emotions....but so many people just keep torturing themselves and creating an inner hell and do not seem to realize it. It bothers me....because it is blatantly obvious. It is something I use to do when I was young. Anyway keep posting those positive perspectives of yours, it helps me rebalance myself back into a high vibration.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

14 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

If we said you've changed from INTP to INFP, then we'd have to conclude INFPs are superior to INTPs.  Objectively superior and more evolved.  But obviously that's silly.  It makes more sense to think INFPs have different levels of maturity/health.

Haha no. It's just a personality test.

Asayake is probably an INTFP now. Not all INFPs are strong thinkers.

Edited by hyruga

Love for me depends on if i switched into a perspective that allows me to view the subject lovingly. 

Normally the switch is made consciously not automatically to broaden my understanding of the subject, like an exploration exercise. or that i value being a loving person so i'll make the effort to look at it from the correct angle that fulfills that value.

Loving vision won't happen by default, it happens by intetionally shifting into the loving vision state.

I could probably train it to be the default but i don't what to evolve into an INFP.  :P

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

19 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

If we said you've changed from INTP to INFP, then we'd have to conclude INFPs are superior to INTPs.  Objectively superior and more evolved.

>:D

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.