JonasVE12

Raw honey chest pain

14 posts in this topic

It's the second day in a row that when I eat raw honey (around 150g) that I start having chest pain. Super painful. And it lasts around 30 minutes. This time it spread to the abdomen just at the end. 

Anyone had something like this? 

That seems like a lot of honey. It's still alot of sugar I would seriously cut back on it if you're having a reaction. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Might be allergic reaction.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Yarco I don't think it's that. I've had heartburn before but this is different. It's primary in the chest, around the heart. It is like a very sharp pain pulsating. I had to lay down in my bed and breath through it. So I guess it's something else. 

@puporing Isn't sugar good for us? I mean, raw honey is supposed to be very healthy, right? I've been eating it because Sadhguru gave off good vibes talking about honey. So I thought, let's give it a try. Apart from the reaction, I definitely felt more alert and energized. And he doesn't seem to be talking about low quantities of honey. The more the better, he hints. I'm all open for experimentation and listening to my body more to feel what is right to eat. I've heard the saying 'Don't eat too much sugar.' already a lot, and it seems acceptable to me, yet I'm not sure where it comes from. 

I'm curious why you think sugar in too high amounts is bad? 

@Leo Gura Hmm, that could very well be the case. Is there any way to know for sure? May it not also be a sign of detoxification? I usually drink it on an empty stomach with warm water. I heard sadhguru talk about how powerful it is in detoxifying the body, and so maybe it is just some classical detox signs. Though it feels like having a mini heart attack. 

150g is quite a lot. It may simply be irritating your GIT mucosa. Honey can be a bit irritative in larger amounts

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

46 minutes ago, JonasVE12 said:

I'm curious why you think sugar in too high amounts is bad? 

Anything in too high of an amount can backfire. If you drink too much water it can kill you too. 

But yes could also be an allergy, exacerbation of an existing condition, or something else. Chest pain in my own experience is usually my body working extra hard on something, or dealing with psychological stress (not the case here sounds like). If your body weren't used to eating that much honey it's a shock to the system.

There could be more than one answer. You could find out by testing things with your body or with the help of a professional. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@JonasVE12 sounds like this

Anaphylaxis

I get something alike when consuming too much Kombucha or kefir ( too much probiotics) 

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Okay, thanks guys. I'll just cut down on the honey and see if it still occurs. Or maybe switching to another kind of honey. 

@mmKay Hmm, yes, possibly that. 

Super odd. I never had any allergic reaction to anything. Or atleast nothing that I could consciously notice. 

I always hated bees and wasps though. Should probably go outside and try to love them more. 

might be an allergic reaction to the pollen or something

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

On 29/05/2022 at 4:42 PM, JonasVE12 said:

I usually drink it on an empty stomach with warm water.

How warm?

If it's warmer than your body temperature, it's too warm. I thought I was taking it in a safe way, until I bought a thermometer and I was WAY off. If you're taking honey, be very careful, how.

My judgment was telling me it's not too warm, but thank god I used something to measure it. 

Now I just put it in my mouth directly (that's what she said).

"Honey should not be heated rapidly, over direct heat. Basically, the hotter you heat it, the more potential for reducing nutritional value. Excessive heat can have detrimental effects on the nutritional value of honey. Heating up to 37°C (98.6 F) causes loss of nearly 200 components, part of which are antibacterial. Heating up to 40°C (104 F) destroys invertase, an important enzyme. Heating up to 50°C (122 F) for more than 48 hrs. turns the honey into caramel (the most valuable honey sugars become analogous to sugar). Heating honey higher than 140 degrees F for more than 2 hours will cause rapid degradation. Heating honey higher than 160 for any time period will cause rapid degradation and caramelization. Generally any larger temperature fluctuation (10°C is ideal for preservation of ripe honey) causes decay."
-John Skinner, University of Tennessee

Also, isn't the recommended daily dose about 20g? 150g is a lot. Try going for 20g and perhaps you could increase this with time if you really wanted.

Edited by mojsterr

You can try honey from different parts of the world. The pollen types vary a lot.

You could also compare to something like maple syrup or agave syrup.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can try honey from different parts of the world. The pollen types vary a lot.

You could also compare to something like maple syrup or agave syrup.

Or just try cheap honey with pollen filtered out, see if there is a difference

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

My body reacts horrible to processed sugar. Funny thing is it considers honey to be the same as white sugar in the bag. Unpopular opinion,  but it's my truth. Honey is no different than white sugar.