cjoseph90

Travels to Norway

11 posts in this topic

Hi

Bit of a random post, i will be travelling to oslo, norway in a couple of weeks. Just wondered if there was anyone from Norway/ or has been before on the forum who could recommend me some places.

Thanks 

On 28.5.2022 at 10:10 PM, MarkKol said:

@Carl-Richard is Norwegian, but he's silly

???

You only staying in Oslo? If not, the only tourist spots I can think of at the moment is Preikestolen and Trolltunga. They filmed the latest Mission Impossible on the former. I can't remember ever having done anything interesting in Oslo, I'm sorry ?

epys9cordqzfqxb0z0de.jpeg

Trolltunga-norway-must-see-nature-attractions-2-1_3c2d1d6d-df0f-40f4-89ea-ea0abe488b13.jpg

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Norwegian coastal landscape is uncannily beautiful.

Rent a car, road-trip the coast is a given, consuming spots like this. 

bryggen_wharf_bergen_hordaland_fjord_nor

There are many YouTube videos showing the crazy Norwegian coastal beauty. 

For a Swede, this is mesmerizing. So close (distance) but so different from the north-east Swedish coast (where I live). 

@Carl-Richard

Curious - are Norwegians desensitized around the multitude of picturesque coastal gems Norway have to offer?

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Ok thanks for suggestions all, I Will be staying in Grünerløkka

7 hours ago, Eph75 said:

bryggen_wharf_bergen_hordaland_fjord_nor

Curious - are Norwegians desensitized around the multitude of picturesque coastal gems Norway have to offer?

Haha I guess so. That is my hometown ?

If you're ever there, you should try walking the mountain in the top-right corner (Ulriken) or the one in the center of the picture (Fløien).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Haha I guess so. That is my hometown ?

Touché! xD

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Cool didn't know there were people from that part of the world in this forum. I would love to travel one day there. I hope your culture is a lot more stable than it is over here in the U.S. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

Climb a mountain! I'll be summiting Galdhöpiggen at the end of June. A few hours drive from Oslo.

Edited by 8Ball

I paint abstract art. Check out my website and let me know what you think.

https://www.galleriabstrakt.se/collections/all

(I only ship within Sweden so forgive me if you see a painting you'd like but can't order)

Can meet up for a cup of tea and philosophy and a walk around Oslo botanic garden for example this Sunday if you're around?:), there is also a Bhajan with mantras and meditation at 18:30 this Sunday (12 June) with Bjørn Vasu Dev that looks quite cool. 

https://www.osloyoga.no/workshops?fbclid=IwAR1Z_HMDDlIvm2HG0l6yISu-h7StkbHRKGsDQFBDxYsSpFO2pRZqvnpU3Pw

Otherwise can recommend taking a trip to western Norway to see more mountains and inspiring nature, such as around Bergen, the Hardanger region, Geiranger etc, or to Northern Norway such as Lofoten if you have time for some really otherworldly landscapes. Rondane, Jotunheimen, Dovrefjell, Telemark national parks are also very nice mountain regions, great for hiking and camping and not too far on the train/bus from Oslo. It could be worth becoming a member of DNT https://english.dnt.no/?_ga=2.185585321.1406325114.1654809805-298387794.1654809805 for access to their cabins and guided outdoor activities. 

Otherwise in Oslo can recommend Ekebergparken and Holmenkollen ski jump area for some great views over the city especially at sunset, and Bygdøy, a kind of island connected to Oslo with a lot of very nice small beaches such as Paradisbukta with big views and forest trails. Its possible to take a public boat to a lot of the small islands and the spit of land Nessodtangen from Oslo, which makes for some nice day trips, as well as the town of Drøbak 30 minutes on the bus south of Oslo. 

I think you will have a really nice time in Norway, it's an incredible country, especially at this time of year, with a lot of surreal scenery and cosy people. 

@Edwardo hey im actually going next thursday 16th, but thanks for the recomendation. how was your trip?