100rockets

Is Salvia Any Good For Enlightenment?

15 posts in this topic

I've read some trip reports and from what I see it's mostly kids doing salvia and having weird trips. Then I did read some interesting ones where people feel like it takes over them right away and they are blown into hyperspace or out of body. I dont have experience with any other substances I understand this one is intense but is this one on the bottom of the list or is it actually a good substance to use for self growth?  Does anyone have experience with this that can share? I want to know if this can be used for introspection and if you can reach an enlightenment experience I don't want it to be some drunk type high. 

Do not go overboard with psychedelics. If you're not doing the self-inquiry work, all the psychedelics in the world will not get you to enlightenment.

First priority: self-inquiry

Fifth priority: psychedelics.

Make sure you don't get this backwards.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thanks Leo. I started doing self inquiry only recently. I will try to put more time into it

Salvia is the entheogen with the lowest infinity scale. It works on the ego, but not near as much as 5meo. I have no idea what im talking about though...this is only from reading. Books are important. 

@Hunter Arrington  So you're saying that salvia is basically not going to take me too far (as I suspected) but it's still useful to see through the ego?

@Leo Gura second and third are mindfulness and meditation IMO but what is 4th?

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

@100rockets I'm dead serious about liberation and all but have never given serious thought to salvia. It is helpful, but it's lowest on the scale. Leo has put it on his wish list, but as a very low priority. I'm probably never going to take it. I think body work will do someone better. This is all my opinion, and may not be based in reality. 

@Leo Gura Where does meditation and contemplation come on that list, out of curiousity? 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

@100rockets Hey bud.  Salvia is kind of dangerous and you MUST have a sitter present.  When I did Salvia 60x extract I lit the pipe with a mini torch lighter to heat up to high temp to get the substance in system.  Ultimately, I had an out of body, and my spirit had to "fold",out of my body.  In this state you forget about the corporeal.  I heard a Lady (Lady Salvia is the feminine spirit of this drug) encouraging me to "go all the way",on my trip.  Things were bright and fuzzy, but I was definitely not in my body.  Its almost like this:  we really are spirits having a human experience on this plane of existence.  The spirit needs the body and brain for locomotion and to process information while here.  Just my insight.  Hearing the Lady is a common experience.  I also remember her talking to someone else, almost like it was a running commentary on my trip.  Very interesting.  Not for recreational use like those idiots you see on you tube.  Respect the drug and respect Lady Salvia.  Do NOT use without a sitter!!.

I've done Salvia once and due to overestimation of how its hallucinogenic and delusional qualities, it was the most terrifying moment of my life. I didn't imagine it being so twisted and when the experience come up, everything changed and I started feeling as if I'm gonna die. My ego couldn't stay calm and resisted all the way through. However when I reflect to to the experience now, it gave me one of the most profound lesson. 

The moment I inhaled it and was about to lay down on my bed to enjoy the trip, boom. I appeared somewhere else, all my references vanished. I started feeling that my body is being sucked into the oneness with reality and I immediately jumped up panicking. Literally, I felt that my body is distorting and being wrapped into my room walls. It felt like sinking in the sinkhole quite literally. I had not only visual distortion, but a physical sensation of it too, making me think that's real. This "oneness" was somehow represented in my room walls. My walls seemed infinitely stretched out into the distance being made with something like lego pieces of former human beings that now look like a emotionless shamanic icons (picture added), that together formed a higher being (or maybe more advanced civilizations) that I didn't understand. It felt that life is kinda restarting, and I appeared in the "loading" room outside the matrix where everything became exposed. I felt like a game character, becoming conscious of the loading page outside the game itself, and realizing that it's all lie. And I thought that it's happening everywhere and for everyone. I though about my family and how they're experiencing the same. I started panicking, running around the room, jumping up and down, trying to find the way to stop it, but it seemed that despite of where I go, I would still be twisted into it. Also a lot of the panic was caused, because of the inability to talk (that's one of the salvia's side effects) which I didn't notice consciously, but was something that cause that confusion subconsciously. There was also my friends in the room who were sober, but they seemed like not my friends at all. They had the same bodies, but it seemed that they've already been converted, that they had been through the same already and allowed themselves being sucked into this void, and now became the part of this higher being. I came up to my friend and using all of my willpower started shouting at him "Why you are killing me? Why you are killing me?" (I don't know why I was able to talk this moment). And he said "calm down, everything will be fine." which he meant in a "trip is going to end soon" sense, but my mind interpreted it as "let go and allow to be sucked in, everything is going to be fine". And I resisted until the end when everything gradually diapered.

Throughout the trip I felt that I have to let go and go inside, because that's reality, but I, my ego couldn't accept the fact that its gonna die, or become something else. And that's the main lesson that I've learned - I'm shit-scared of death. And therefore, there's so much to work on in terms of my ego. When you're facing death and it's real / or seems real, that's when you can truly see your deepest fear pattern. After the experience I was frosted. I would have never ever imagined that such reality distortion and hallucinations is possible before experiencing it myself. I started understanding people who claimed to have seen or meet "aliens", "jesus", "ghosts". Mind is very easily distortable. After this near-death-experience in a way, when I realized that it was not real, I started discussing my trip with my friends and my communication felt so real, so authentic, without any filters to protect me, without judgments, fully understanding my friends as the same experience we had connected us, at the same time understating every human being to its core, seeing just beauty and love in others. It took me almost a year to fully integrate this experience, but now I can see that it was really beautiful and profound experience. I'm thinking about trying salvia in some near future one more time to see if I'm able to let go this time and how experience is different when you already know what to expect.

Estimate representation of how those emotionless shamanic icons looked like:

IMG_20160723_024145.jpg

Estimate representation how the infinite field of former human beings construct a higher being:

13318743_10206510675149236_1423342335_n.jpg

Being wrapped into the walls, felt something like this:

12674673_10206034927935853_369601745_n.jpg

And this is amazing representation of what I felt is going to happen after I allow to be sucked it - my separate ego is going to become a holistic piece of the whole without having any boundary. That was scary, because allowing this to happen, means I'm not going to be the same.

600px-Flower-of-Life-19circles36arcs-enclosed.svg_.png

Edited by Wind

11 hours ago, Captain Flint said:

Here some Salvia experience for you.

1. Low dosage Salvia splits and "enlarges" your sence of self into countless small fractal pieces of visual field. But my "camera" from which I'm looking into the world stayed where it was. I experienced no infininty, I keeped my "self point of view from the center". Still, I DEFINITELY lost sence of my body and what am I (like a person). But, again. This is low dosage. There is much more potential in it.
  2. My friend (who doesn't meditate) said to me: "I realized there are other Universes, parallel to ours". He was really freaked out for several days. He NEVER used weed/psychedelics since (beeing afraid of this experience).

Those who don't do spiridual work - they mostly don't like Salvia trips.

P.S. This fun pic is good demonstration of Salvia trip. Something between 3rd and 4th picture is more like it.

1.jpg

Dude, that's exactly how it felt like - sense of self split into countless small fractal pieces. You explained it so much better. How many times have you taken it and was other times slightly easier to deal with?

Found some more pretty accurate demonstrations:

VfZtU.jpg099499580-5Mt7u.jpg

tumblr_n4as6utgNf1tre1zbo1_500.gif

tumblr_n5x942gSsA1tb7tqio1_1280.jpg

6bb1ffc643b02912983fc9484d078121-d73ct2y.png

Edited by Wind

ok wow. I finally did it. I was going to meditate first and do some self inquiry but i was feeling kind of antsy tonight and decided to just do it i smoked a low dose of 10x salvia and i was hit instantly, as soon as i started feeling something weird in my legs i decided to lay down but i didnt because the bowl was smoking up and i was trying to stop the smoke when my window all of a sudden became a female motherly presence this is so weird to try to describe but I was in another dimension all of the furniture in the house was alive they had faces and mouths and this female presence window was talking to me she was a caring figure she told me everything is ok to leave the bowl alone and give some to the other kids (the furniture) ;) I was stuck in a limbo I was in another type of world but at the same i was like wtf is this??? i just want the smoke to stop and lay down. I dont know how long i was completely not there but as soon as i laid down it must have worn off a bit because I remember everything speaking to me, all the furniture was talking i dont remember what they were saying at this point but i remember trying to pull myself out of this weird warped twisted reality I was telling myself wtf is going on? who am i talking to? whos is talking to me? theres no one here so who are these beings? I slowly started to shift back but it was still weird. I then decided to take another hit and lay down. I did this twice, the window was again this female presence and there were some things i saw that i cant explain because it was like a bizarre dream but there were these weird looking beings, they were all nice and wanting to take care of me but i was resisting this weirdness and so it didnt last long. I suspect that if I smoked a higher potency of this i would go deeper and longer into this odd place. 

@Ramu I read your post after this and Im pretty sure I encountered lady salvia and her kids. Also all the pictures posted on this thread are somewhat accurate in how twisted things can get.
After 3 hits I decided to meditate (probably should have done that before) and i fell asleep and had a dream about my mom and some unresolved issues.  Not nearly as enlightening as I hoped but I do have some things to think about. Mainly I'm wondering if I was taken to another place or if this stuff brings up things from your subconscious mind and makes you hallucinate (or dream) while you're awake?? and I cant help but wonder if there is any truth to this sense i still have as if these objects around me are alive and i should pay them more respect and take care of them.

Edited by 100rockets

Also I must say that even though I took a small dose it was not a good idea to do this without a sitter. I did remove sharp objects and had a friend ready to be on call 5 minutes away but I had no idea how strong this is. I can easily see how I could have smoked up the house or fallen over on my head. Even if I needed help I would not be able to make the call. Next time I attempt this I will definitely have someone around.

Edited by 100rockets

On 2/4/2017 at 6:49 AM, Captain Flint said:

Why do you think that your "ordinary" state of consciousness is more "true" than Salvia state? May be it is, may be it is not. May be this whole question is asked incorrectly.

I dont know which one is more true or if they both are but i want to find out