RedLine

"Talk with everybody" nightgame

13 posts in this topic

As you probably know, one of the thing that is recommended to nightgame is talk with everybody, woman and men, to enter in the zone and be perceived as a social guy. But I don´t know what to say to people. For the girls I want to pick up , I open with "I like your style" or just "I like you", but for rest of the people I don´t know what the hell say them at least they wear some custom or a shirt about something and we can talk about that, which is not very usual, otherwise I don´t say anything to people. Any idea?

Last 2 weeks I have been nightgaming.

First week all I could do is ask a dude: -"Hey, what is the name of this club?"

2 days ago I saw 2 girls smoking weed:

Arc: -"Hey so this where they let you smoke weed?"

They just shrug their shoulders. They where both cross faded, close to getting shit faced.

Then I  asked her names and they ignored me like I was not even there.

Arc -"Oh I am sorry I didn't know that you were gringas and don't understand spanish''

Them: -''You don't know what you are talking about''

At least I am trying. This game is brutal, cut throat.

Yeah, that's a big struggle for us introverts. Extroverts have a much easier time just talking random bullshit.

Here are a few tips:

• Talk about yourself. Talk about your ideas and feelings. Ask less questions, make more statements. Tell little stories from your life.
  • Talk about topical stuff from the news. Read a bit of news before you go out. Or pop-culture news.
  • Make up some assumptions about them like, "You look like you're from California". It doesn't have to make any sense or be accurate.
  • Make observational comments: "Your dress reminds me of Pocahontas."

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Talk about the weather. No? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I think it depends a bit on the environment. But basically you just spit out a lot of random stuff, nothing too serious, neither too committed.

For the most part just a few words while you're walking past some people/one person, like

"Hey, what's up?"  "What's good?" "Hey man, how doing => bro fist" 

"Cool shirt, my man"  "cheers => clink glasses" 

And it's more like you keep slowly walking and only if someone seems really responsive you might add something to it or they say something back so you sort of get pulled back in the conversation when you had already almost walked past them.

Then maybe a few more things where you have to actively walk to them, like

"Hey, I heard this is the spot where the coolest people always meet, is this you tonight? :)"

"What's the best drink here?"

"Hi guys, you seemed like cool people, so I wanted come by for a second, how you're all doing? Good? Awesome! You all local people? Nice! It's my first time here in this night club, yeah I kinda like it...blablablabla"

Remember it's more about the energy than whether what you say makes a lot of sense, you must seem like you've been talking to people for the last 200 years, completely normal for you.

And nothing is too silly or random, everything is good enough, at least in high energy crazy venues, not when you're at the Oscars (sure people can always find you weird, but it doesn't matter).

"Hey guys, man you wouldn't believe me what kind of an amazing salad I made myself today, like I cut some cucumber and tomatoes and the sauce was with olive oil and lemon juice, so damn good!" 

And then you just keep shit talking and hold the frame no matter what.

"Why do you tell us this random stuff?" => "Because the salad was so damn good! Don't be envious, I might make one for you if we ever get along"

Just a lot of bullshit.

Edited by Federico del pueblo

First look your attitude and disposition. Try to "hold the room".

As long as you're in a funny, natural, spontaneous vibe, you can talk about almost any kind of shit you want. 

Humor is silly. Observe details on the environment. Make up something interesting. 

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:
  • Talk about yourself. Talk about your ideas and feelings. Ask less questions, make more statements. Tell little stories from your life.
  • Talk about topical stuff from the news. Read a bit of news before you go out. Or pop-culture news.
  • Make up some assumptions about them like, "You look like you're from California". It doesn't have to make any sense or be accurate.
  • Make observational comments: "Your dress reminds me of Pocahontas."

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

I think it depends a bit on the environment. But basically you just spit out a lot of random stuff, nothing too serious, neither too committed.

For the most part just a few words while you're walking past some people/one person, like

And it's more like you keep slowly walking and only if someone seems really responsive you might add something to it or they say something back so you sort of get pulled back in the conversation when you had already almost walked past them.

"Hey, I heard this is the spot where the coolest people always meet, is this you tonight? :)"

"Hi guys, you seemed like cool people, so I wanted come by for a second, how you're all doing? Good? Awesome! You all local people? Nice! It's my first time here in this night club, yeah I kinda like it...blablablabla"

Remember it's more about the energy than whether what you say makes a lot of sense, you must seem like you've been talking to people for the last 200 years, completely normal for you.

And nothing is too silly or random, everything is good enough, at least in high energy crazy venues, not when you're at the Oscars (sure people can always find you weird, but it doesn't matter).

"Hey guys, man you wouldn't believe me what kind of an amazing salad I made myself today, like I cut some cucumber and tomatoes and the sauce was with olive oil and lemon juice, so damn good!" 

And then you just keep shit talking and hold the frame no matter what.

"Why do you tell us this random stuff?" => "Because the salad was so damn good! Don't be envious, I might make one for you if we ever get along"

Just a lot of bullshit.

Good stuff man!

9 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Thank you, that is very good idea!

9 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

"What's the best drink here?" does not many sense at least it is a place where they sell rare coctels, otherwise I am sure people will cringe at me since all the clubs sell the basic stuff haha

The other 2 are very good but don´t make sense transalted to my language since there are no way to translate cool withouth being wierd or gay. Please if some spanish speaker here let me know if you find some good equivalent bars!

I'm good at improvising but definetly need some can material to break the ice.

Edited by RedLine

I usually have the best luck talking to people that are "on idle". Doesn't mean they can't be part of another group.

Look for someone who's having a drink and relaxing, they're usually easy to chat up. Talk to em about something on the TV.

Edited by EternalForest

4 hours ago, RedLine said:

What's the best drink here?" does not many sense at least it is a place where they sell rare coctels, otherwise I am sure people will cringe at me since all the clubs sell the basic stuff haha

Yeah, I get that. Though what you can sometimes do for practice purposes is to intentionally ask/say sort of weird things, at least if you have a fairly good night life scene where there are many bars/clubs so you're not immediately known as the weird guy.

Basically like doing some challenges that are a bit embarrassing so you can start to give less of a fuck about being judged (this is not good game, it's just training).

Like tell a bartender that you want a drink that is named after you and what the ingredients are etc. ?

4 hours ago, RedLine said:

The other 2 are very good but don´t make sense transalted to my language since there are no way to translate cool withouth being wierd or gay. Please if some spanish speaker here let me know if you find some good equivalent bars!

Yeah, that can be difficult. I'm not a native Spanish speaker but do speak Spanish and probably because people realize that I'm not a local I can get away with saying weird stuff.

How is the word "chulo/chula" perceived where you live? Like "la gente más chula siempre se encuentra por aquí" 

Anyway just alter the stuff so it works in Spanish. Maybe you can sometimes just bounce into a group and be like "Joder! Qué gente más guapa por aquí! Me tengo que quedar un momentito! Buenas! Todo bien?"

This might still seem weird, but also realize that even if you said the English "coolest people" phrase from above somewhere in the US, you'll probably still feel weird and judged because it's awkward to open groups if you're not used to it.

1 hour ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Yeah, I get that. Though what you can sometimes do for practice purposes is to intentionally ask/say sort of weird things, at least if you have a fairly good night life scene where there are many bars/clubs so you're not immediately known as the weird guy.

Basically like doing some challenges that are a bit embarrassing so you can start to give less of a fuck about being judged (this is not good game, it's just training).

Very true.

1 hour ago, Federico del pueblo said:

How is the word "chulo/chula" perceived where you live? Like "la gente más chula siempre se encuentra por aquí" 

Anyway just alter the stuff so it works in Spanish. Maybe you can sometimes just bounce into a group and be like "Joder! Qué gente más guapa por aquí! Me tengo que quedar un momentito! Buenas! Todo bien?"

This might still seem weird, but also realize that even if you said the English "coolest people" phrase from above somewhere in the US, you'll probably still feel weird and judged because it's awkward to open groups if you're not used to it.

Chulo means cool but only for objects, for people means presumptuous or pimp so not good haha, the closest you could say is "guay" but still pretty wierd.

Then second bar you mention sounds good for mixed groups, I take note of that.

Edited by RedLine

@RedLine Great!

Now that we're already translating so much, do you by any chance have a good translation for the word "trouble" in Spanish?

Like you might say to a girl "oh oh...you seem like trouble, I'm gonna be careful with you :)"

I want to experiment with "traviesa" maybe "bribona" , "peligrosa" or even "bandida" (creo que eres una bandida) but I don't know if these words have this kind of meaning and sound ok in Spanish, I don't want to end up saying "you look like a slut" you know ?

4 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

In Portuguese " chulo/chula" means something gross, obscene. 

lol some foreigners when they come to Brazil they use the word " gostosa" like this was something like a compliment for women that just met, but the word " Gostosa" has an extremely high sexual meaning, it's just for women that you have extreme intimacy already, unless you say just in a joking tone in an extremely calibrated way. 

If a native says the word " gostosa" for a woman he just met, he can easily be accused of sexual harassment.

Edited by Tudo